3/5:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    I am really struggling here I can’t seem to get back on my keto plan the IF is going good but the low carb is a wash 🧼
    Obviously 🙄 the scale moving in the wrong direction isn’t enough motivation

What do you do to find motivation? I was down to only 3 lbs before hitting goal weight now I am 8 -10 lbs from my goal
    I know work is a factor but I am stronger than that . Mind over matter but how do I get there again
    Help I need motivation

I find focusing on fitness goals has helped me move forward with diet and exercise when I don’t want to.

If I’m going to the gym, eating something heavy or off plan doesn’t work for me. I need to eat light before the gym so I can work out hard. And afterwards I feel so good about what I did I don’t want to eat junk.

Maybe something like walking a specific amount of time or distance every day. Or doing x amount of yoga or strength training. Whatever it is you enjoy and want to improve. It seems like everything falls into place if you can find that one central habit that everything else tends to revolve around.

Besides that, revisiting the basics helps. Make sure you’re weighing and tracking everything. Stick to calorie goals no matter what your eating plan is. Even if you’re high carb the weight will come off if you’re in a deficit.

Good luck on getting the good habits going again.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,028 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, March 5, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercises: No - woke up at 4 am very sick and had a sicky sick day. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and be able to get some exercise in.
    Steps as of posting: 6,289

Hope you are feeling better today!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ashley asked me to pass along a message. I am pretty sure that all of you are aware of this, that for this challenge, Pam and I are the only ones who can enter weights on the spreadsheet for our team. That is why you post them here in the team's thread. I know some different challenges have each participant enter their own weights and she has been having some requests sent her way for spreadsheet access. I just wanted to make that clear. Thank you.

Now carry on!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    24blfn wrote: »
    Username: 24blfn
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight:225.4
    Todays Weight: 221.2

@24blfn, look at you, quietly going about your business and losing four pounds!! Very well done!! What a great start!!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling here I can’t seem to get back on my keto plan the IF is going good but the low carb is a wash 🧼

What do you do to find motivation? I was down to only 3 lbs before hitting goal weight now I am 8 -10 lbs from my goal
    I know work is a factor but I am stronger than that . Mind over matter but how do I get there again
    Help I need motivation

@murdog3t I wish I could help but find myself in the same situation. I lost 14 ppunds in January doing ketoish/low carb and IF. IF is going fine but I fell off the low carb wagonin February and cant get that groove back. I know it works and I feel beeter, but I just cant seem to do it. HELP!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    Oh dear, posting my weight today, but weighed in later in the day.
    Last week- 210
    This week 211.2.
    😒

@CCzMini, it seems like you have been in the 209 to 212 range for a while now, which is basically maintaining, even though you did gain a pound on this particular week. :( Once you are able to get "life" in some sort of order, you will be able to give more time and effort to your weight loss journey. In the meantime, give everything you have left, so that maintaining is the worst case scenario!! Can't wait though, to see that switch flipped for you and to be here to celebrate Onederland with you!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, March 5, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercises: No - woke up at 4 am very sick and had a sicky sick day. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and be able to get some exercise in.
    Steps as of posting: 6,289

@mikea2g, Ugh! Sorry to hear, Mike! Hope you feel better this morning!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Monday

Still no exercise, but I was under! I was going to go to a yoga class but it started half an hour earlier than I thought, and there wasn't enough time to get there. I am going to try a class at my gym tonight, and I know what time it starts!!

Did you end up trying that class? What/how was it?
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Help I need motivation

@murdog3t, Could your self sabotage be related to being so close to maintenance and the unknowns that will undoubtedly accompany that? You know how to lose, so maybe, self consciously, you want to stay where you know what to do? Just a thought.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday

Still no exercise, but I was under! I was going to go to a yoga class but it started half an hour earlier than I thought, and there wasn't enough time to get there. I am going to try a class at my gym tonight, and I know what time it starts!!

@cmhubbard92, wow, look at you calling me out!! (Thank you, by the way!!) Yes, I went to the class!! She had ten different stations, 45 seconds at each, rest between each station (not sure how long) and we did the circuit twice. There was only two of us, and the other lady, although she was in great shape and in much better shape than I, was 60, so that may be why we only did the circuit twice. I think three was what the instructor had in mind. There was one exercise I couldn't do at all, and one I modified because of my shoulder issues from days gone by, but other than that I got through it. It actually went better than I thought. I signed up for the next four week session! I did fall off the eating wagon yesterday....it seems impossible for me right now to do both on the same day!! And I use the word "seems" because I know it is not impossible at all....it is all excuses!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Monday

@cmhubbard92, wow, look at you calling me out!! (Thank you, by the way!!) Yes, I went to the class!! She had ten different stations, 45 seconds at each, rest between each station (not sure how long) and we did the circuit twice. There was only two of us, and the other lady, although she was in great shape and in much better shape than I, was 60, so that may be why we only did the circuit twice. I think three was what the instructor had in mind. There was one exercise I couldn't do at all, and one I modified because of my shoulder issues from days gone by, but other than that I got through it. It actually went better than I thought. I signed up for the next four week session! I did fall off the eating wagon yesterday....it seems impossible for me right now to do both on the same day!! And I use the word "seems" because I know it is not impossible at all....it is all excuses!!!

I'm so happy you made it to the class! You will definitely see improvement throughout the next four weeks! The most important thing is that you went, and you did it!!! I definitely need to follow your lead and add more strength training to my routine!

I suggest you bring a snack for after your workout- when I am done with the gym, I have 3 hard-boiled eggs. It makes me feel full for a while. I also bring a clif bar and almonds with me, because I am usually headed to work after. I snack on those at work, before I take my meal break. It helps me stay on course throughout the day, and I don't end up going for other snacks that are poor choices for me and way too accessible at work! Bringing a healthy snack can help you stay on track I think!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday

I'm so happy you made it to the class! You will definitely see improvement throughout the next four weeks! The most important thing is that you went, and you did it!!! I definitely need to follow your lead and add more strength training to my routine!

I suggest you bring a snack for after your workout- when I am done with the gym, I have 3 hard-boiled eggs. It makes me feel full for a while. I also bring a clif bar and almonds with me, because I am usually headed to work after. I snack on those at work, before I take my meal break. It helps me stay on course throughout the day, and I don't end up going for other snacks that are poor choices for me and way too accessible at work! Bringing a healthy snack can help you stay on track I think!

@cmhubbard92, I don't need to bring a snack with me, as my gym is just a few minutes drive from my house! But your snack suggestions are great....filling up on high protein foods to help you stay on course! There are hard boiled eggs in the fridge for my guys to take to work; maybe I should start eating a few myself! Thank you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Monday

@cmhubbard92, I don't need to bring a snack with me, as my gym is just a few minutes drive from my house! But your snack suggestions are great....filling up on high protein foods to help you stay on course! There are hard boiled eggs in the fridge for my guys to take to work; maybe I should start eating a few myself! Thank you!

I'm 25 minutes from my gym, and I go straight to work after, so that's why I suggested a snack 😊 I forget that people live much closer to a gym than I do!

I used to have SUCH a hard time getting enough protein in my diet, but now I have a pretty solid routine(and I like those snacks, so I look forward to them!) I hit my protein goal much more regularly now!

Speaking of all this gym stuff, I better get off of here! I have to head to the gym before I close at work tonight!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I live close to the gym and always go home after working out. My go to snack after the gym is 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder in 1 cup skim milk. It's like a yummy vanilla milk shake and 33 g of protein.

I went to the gym this morning for a Zumba Basics class. I lasted one minute, no clue what steps they were doing, within that minute they had already changed the step sequence twice - I did not think it was a 'basic' class. Went and did the boring treadmill instead.
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

Tuesday, March 5
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes (55 min spin class)
    Water - yes
    Steps - 10,942

Had to use more of my exercise calories than I would have liked because I was at a get together for dinner that just served appies. (spring rolls are high in calories!)
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I’m a bit late weighing in. A bit off track. I’ve maintained at 176.6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I’m a bit late weighing in. A bit off track. I’ve maintained at 176.6

@lozenger1984, glad you are still with us, Laura! We missed you the last couple of weeks!! You may have been off track, but you basically maintained, so all is not lost!! Over half of March is still left, enough time to make this month still count!!
This discussion has been closed.