Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in:
    PW: 227.8
    CW: 227.8
    No change, but I am back on track from vacation.

@heaz10, good for you getting over that most difficult hurdle....being ready to tackle the scales once again after a vacation. I know, for me, getting my head back in the game is always a challenge!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    March 5 Weigh-In
    Username: cmhubbard92
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    SW: 224.2
    CW: 223.1
    Loss: 1.1lb

ETA: I am actually surprised with this loss this week. I'm right near the end of TOM, and the scale has been reading higher the past few days. Also, I thought it would take a little longer for the sodium to flush away after my weekend dinners out!

@cmhubbard92, well it would seem the right amount of time has passed for the sodium to not be an issue and the scales to read a one pound loss!! Very nicely done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So far on this monday 3/4/19
    Tracking: So far so good. Have my meals planned for the day already so as long as I do not stray I'll be under calorie goal
    Excercise: Yes 97 minutes or aerobics for a big burn.
    Steps: As of 11:45am PST I've logged 12,037 steps already

@ssteinhilber, lots of cardio and pre-planned meals....sounds like a great Monday!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    March 5 Weigh-In
    Username: cmhubbard92
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    SW: 224.2
    CW: 223.1
    Loss: 1.1lb

ETA: I am actually surprised with this loss this week. I'm right near the end of TOM, and the scale has been reading higher the past few days. Also, I thought it would take a little longer for the sodium to flush away after my weekend dinners out!

@cmhubbard92, well it would seem the right amount of time has passed for the sodium to not be an issue and the scales to read a one pound loss!! Very nicely done!!

Thank you Lisa! I am hoping for a strong month! Hopefully in the 200-210s by the time I go on my vacation next month!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE MAR WK01

Fri 1st March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no

Sat 2nd March
    Meal tracking - yes; even all the alcohol!!
    Under calories - no but planned works social
    Exercise - no

Sun 3rd March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no

Mon 4th March
    Meal tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 70 min gym weights and cardio

@Tracie_Lord, it sounds like you are doing the very best that you can right now. That's all we can do! But you were able to do a little more on Monday....it looks fantastic!!

Thanks hun.

I feel good, even last weeks gain didn't bother me too much as it was monthly bloat with out too much info if that makes sense haha

Push on and I will get into ONEderland sooner rather than later :)
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

Monday, March 4
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes (60 min body sculpt class, 45 min treadmill, 60 min yoga)
    Water - yes
    Steps - 12,120
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    I seem to be averaging about 1-2 diet sodas a day so since I unintentionally skipped lunch w/ soda today, I think I'm gonna try skipping my second soda that I usually pair with dinner. Ill try to continue on for the next week. Wish me luck guys!

Any recommendations on how you personally drink your water so it's not so boring?

I like my water cold(usually with ice), but can go without. I have coworkers that put fruit in their water so it has more flavor, or some make tea.

If you like diet soda(I would rather have regular if I want a treat), there is no reason why you can't have it(surprisingly it does count towards your daily water intake!) In your days. If it is something that makes you crave other things like sweets/snacks, then I would cut it out. I get headaches with the diet stuff, unless it is coke zero for some reason!

Besides water, I drink unsweetened ice tea or black coffee. On the days I visit my boyfriend, I will put a little cream in my coffee as a treat for the week. Oh! And a glass of wine here and there!

Thank you so much, actually Coke Zero is the only kind I drink! The soda doesn't make me crave per say, but I do believe it causes me to overeat. Update: Day 1 down!

Today is going to be the biggest challenge as my large crazy azz family is going to a festival where everything is fried. Soooo, I might be checking in here a lot to help keep me focused!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Mon March 4th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 24 min workout on YouTube

@Kwinnero I used to be a huge diet coke fiend. I still crave it sometimes. When I first quit I drank a lot of carbonated water like la croix. Then I quit most carbonation (except beer!) because I was always feeling bloated. Now I mostly drink plain water or unsweetened tea. I also like the true lemon drink mixes!

OMG that is totally me! I just finished off a 12 pack of Polar Orange-Vanilla Seltzer, I love the carbonation and beer is my go-to if I'm ever out. (Wine puts me to sleep and liquor is just too much on Keto) Kicking the carbonation may be my next mini-goal, I wasn't sure if the carbonation is such a bad thing but it might be causing me to over-eat too, one step at a time.
  • Krysless2
    Options
    3/4/19:
    T, under and exercised (yoga and a lonnnng walk). Also, HASWLRS, can I change my weigh in day to Thursdays going forward? Thanks, thanks!

@HASWLRS
  • Krysless2
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I just drink regular soda. I was drinking 3 a day and now limit myself to just 1. I ended up buying Brisk tea, which is just 90 calories instead of the usual 200 calories that are in a bottle of coke. So I am sticking with that for now. Having that sweet drink has been the hardest habit to break. Especially with a meal.
    Drinking water is such a struggle. I like it better room temperature. It seems to have a more metallic taste when it is cold. I will sometimes put lemon juice in my water.

Thank you :)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @Kwinnero

I’m one of those strange folks that loves plain water. I drink drink drink it all day long! I do love ice water better than room temp, so my only experiential advice is add some ice :)

I’ve heard people talk about no calorie flavor packets they add to water. That and drinking tea.

Good luck on the soda to water journey

Thanks buddy! :smile:
  • Krysless2
    Options
    @HASWLRS I have been going to the daily check in posts for the UAC but I'd like to just keep everything here if possible. You mentioned that we can post whatever we want here but will the UAC leader know my progress?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    @HASWLRS I have been going to the daily check in posts for the UAC but I'd like to just keep everything here if possible. You mentioned that we can post whatever we want here but will the UAC leader know my progress?

@Kwinnero, oh, no. They are two separate challenges. One of the moderators for this challenge, @craigo3154, was involved in the original UAC and he implemented it here to add some accountability, and because it works if you stick to it!! Sorry, but you will have to post in both.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last week: 164.6
    This week: 163.6!!

FINALLY! Guys, I have been killing myself at the gym and tracking super religiously for a while now. My food scale has been my bff. I've been in a hardcore plateau since ~mid-January just bouncing between 164.6 and 166. Let's take a minute to pray this continues, even if it's slow.

I really thought the workout class I've been taking this semester would get me losing like crazy. To be fair, it probably is a tad of muscle. Not much, but when you have no arm strength anything is a noticeable difference :D

@eatingfoodles, I am so happy for you that you were able to break through your plateau!! Yes, slow is better than stalled, so we will consider your prayers answered in the event that any future loss is indeed slow!! And yay for muscles!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    3/4/19:
    T, under and exercised (yoga and a lonnnng walk). Also, HASWLRS, can I change my weigh in day to Thursdays going forward? Thanks, thanks!

@ForLangston, you are all set for a Thursday weigh-in!

@Kwinnero, yes, I did see this request, but thank you for making sure that I did! I cannot make changes to the spreadsheet, only entries, so I have to ask Ashley to do that for me!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE

Monday, March 4
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes (60 min body sculpt class, 45 min treadmill, 60 min yoga)
    Water - yes
    Steps - 12,120

@cossmoss15, great day all around and a great variety of exercise! The class sounds awesome!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday

Still no exercise, but I was under! I was going to go to a yoga class but it started half an hour earlier than I thought, and there wasn't enough time to get there. I am going to try a class at my gym tonight, and I know what time it starts!!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    CW: 224.4 lbs

I have to apologize to the group. I had a very bad February due to nobody's fault but my own. I wasn't focused and home activities get very busy this time of year so I was using it as an excuse to not pay enough attention to myself. For the past few days I have been more focused on my weight loss journey and I'm committed to continuing the focus to help myself and the group. You guys are doing so great and I have not been the supportive co-captain that we all need. Great thing we have Lisa @HASWLRS to keep up motivated.

For March I commit to being supportive of the group both in my interaction with the conversation and weight loss to help us all achieve our goals.
This discussion has been closed.