Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Check in for Tuesday

Food: Good
    Water: Good
    Exercise: 11,000 + steps but no yoga. Ran out of time, I ended up making a coconut chicken curry last night that was amazing but it took longer to prepared than I anticipated. I have left overs for lunch (yay!!)
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Good morning! Happy Hump Day! :smiley:

Feeling tired this week. I just do not want to get up in the morning, but I have no choice lol. I went to the gym last night, came home, ate a light dinner, then I was craving junk again. I lost control, not as bad as the night before, but enough! I stopped myself and started my fast. Today is a new day to start fresh again. I made overnight oats for lunch and packed healthy snacks. I will do my workout when I get home and try to stay on track. Summer is getting closer & closer!

3/12 Steps: 17,052

@lenka1 I am sorry you are going through a rough patch with your mom. I read an article once about how mothers can become jealous of their daughters, especially when they get into their teenage years and a little older. It reminds them of their youth and what they used to look like. Women can be competitive. Hang in there!

@cyndiesstuff sorry to hear about your friend! That is so sad! We cannot take our health for granted!

@Mrsbell8well glad your mom is doing better! Nice loss with all the stress you have going on!

Have a great day! :smile:
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @Mrsbell8well keeping your mom in my prayers! xoxo
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I am sorry about the struggles with the old folks. I will be praying for your mom as she undergoes surgery.

@carlsoda your dinner sounds really yummy. I hate it when I am in the kitchen way longer than I thought I would be. makes for a long evening. but we do what we gotta do!

@kirsten11872 I have the same stuggles with over eating. they say that with time of abstaining the struggles will minimize. I am believing that is true and I will continue to fight until I break this bad habit.

• eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I am so sorry. Praying for you and yours.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    @nstephenson01 Congrats on becoming a Team Motivator! You’ve motivated me many times along this journey already and you’ll be a great addition to the leaders of the team!

@Mrsbell8well What a tough week for you. Glad to hear your mom is doing better and didn’t need the surgery.
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    @nstephenson01 congrats on your new role. You're perfect for it. You make me want to be a better man. :)
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    Up too late. I stopped working late, ate dinner late and just didn't realize how late it had gotten Lol! My husband went to NYC for a few days for the Big East tournament. We are Villanova fans. We both went to school there, met there, got married there and I worked there in the student health center for 7 years. Only reason I left was I couldn't do night shift anymore. So with him being gone and MK feeling better and going out with friends, time got away from me. I will check in tomorrow am! Good night!

@cyndiesstuff I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad. A reminder that time isn't going to wait for us to decide to get healthier, it keeps marching on. Hugs. Good luck tomorrow xoxo
    @Mrsbell8well A loss with everything that is going on. I am glad that your Mom is doing better. I am glad that she doesn't need surgery. Keeping you all in my prayers. xoxo
    @Carlsoda I am not surprised your dinner came out delicious! You have been doing awesome on the Whole30!
    @kirsten11872 It is good you put a stop to it and have your food packed and your plan for tomorrow. It is not easy but I know you can do it. You have been doing so well, don't give up now!
    @nstephenson01 Congratulations on being team motivator! I think you have been doing it all along! Nice job with getting the FIL to eat some veggies! They really must have been good!
  • cyndiesstuff

User ID: Cyndiesstuff
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 145
    Current weight: 145
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    wednesday daily check in
    food on target
    water on trget
    exercise on target

Learning lots of interesting things about myself journalling as I go. Yesterday I thought I was coming down the Lo's lurgy so I went a bought a load of cold and cough sweets (candies). I had a few but I managed to stay within my budget for the day.
  • cyndiesstuff
    7wcz9dfveg46.jpg

According to Beck Diet Solution, don’t fool yourself into thinking that not working on your weight loss goal is the “easy way out.” It is NOT easy feeling out of control. It's NOT easy worrying about your eating/weight/health. It's NOT easy feeling overstuffed. It's NOT easy not fitting into your clothes. None of those things are easy!

The most important quality to lose weight successfully is to have is PERSISTENCE! The ability to not give up, even when the going gets hard. Because, in the journey of weight loss and maintenance, the journey WILL get hard, and then it will get easier, and then it will get harder again, and then easier. That’s just the process. The trick it sticking with it during the hard times, knowing that there’s a better time around the corner.

4yzvw8ott6fv.jpg

So then it follows that, being accountable for your actions is a critical part of successful weight loss because it enables you to recognize mistakes, which then allows you to learn from them for the future. It’s not about making yourself feel bad for making mistakes, it’s about learning from them to help you keep moving forward. Next time you make a mistake, take few moments and answer these three questions:

1.What happened/what was the situation?

2.What were the sabotaging thoughts that got in my way?

3.What can I say and/or do differently the next time?

I want everyone to think about this today and then share what your answers are to the questions.

I am going to try and check in later. I just don't know how I will feel. I googled the procedure yesterday and I shouldn't have. There was no consensus some say 2 to 3 days and very painful others say it was painful but they were better in a couple of hours. I am off!

ohh and @Mrsbell8well you hang in there. i can't imagine your emotional struggle. I will be thinking and praying for you to have the strength you need. xo
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    wednesday daily check in
    logged food? Yes and under
    water? at least 80 oz
    exercise and steps . Leslie Sansone tape and 10,208 steps

I have been having a great week! I am down to where I was last April. I am so close to onderland...Slept an extra 1/2 hour so I don't have too much time to write. I will check in later. I want to get my walking video in.

I was thinking about Cyndie's questions above so I will answer-
    1. My mistake was finishing a sandwich when I was full.
    2. The sabotaging thoughts were-we never order from here, it is healthy AND fits in my calories, it tastes so good, it is a serving so I am ok...
    3 One of the things I already did was not order it again. We rediscovered a place we used to love so I just had a healthy dinner. However if I want to have one again, I am going to order it without a condiment so it doesn't get soggy and wrap half up and put it in the fridge for the next day. I think the key is not having it on the plate for me. I will also remember how full I was after I had it and how disappointed I was in myself when I willingly overate it.

@cyndiesstuff Thinking of you! Hugs!
    @amsandos you really have been sticking with it! You are doing great! It is amazing how much of this is mental. For me at least.
  • Shirin_K
    User ID: Shirin_K
    Week: 2
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 163.2
    Current weight: 162.0
  • Shirin_K
    edited March 2019
    Hello everyone! I’ve been busy (and sick before that) and haven’t been great about finding time to check in here. I’ve been keeping up with the posts though. I continue to log my food every day and have been sticking under my weekly calorie goal (to lose 1 lb/week) – some days have been higher, others lower. I’ve been getting my steps and plenty of cardio. I’ll focus on more strength and yoga again next week. My son has been at home all week for spring break so I’ve had to change up my routine a bit, but I’m enjoying the extra time with him! His 7th birthday is this weekend, so we are getting ready for his party too. Many of my family members are trying to lose weight, so I think that should make it easier. It will be relatively healthy food except for cake.

@cyndiesstuff Thinking of you! Hope it goes well today.

@sleepymom5 You are doing awesome! And good to hear your daughter is doing better.

@phoebe112476 Great NSVs!

This discussion has been closed.