Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 125 Member
    Good morning everyone, I hope you all are having a good week so far. I have been doing good this week, I did take my daughters out for frozen yogurt last nigt but I did not overconsume or add a lot of toppings. I plan to make an appointment with a dietitian soon, I'm hoping having someone help me create a plan will keep me on track.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    @cyndiesstuff - sending hugs!!

Yesterday was a good day - had great food, did yoga (yay!) but didn't get as much steps as I would have liked. I had to get my permanent retainer fixed (it was pokey) so that was my lunch hour. Today will be different - steps and yoga!!

Great job everyone - I am enjoying all your posts and reading about your successes!!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Do you ever notice halfway through the day that you forgot to put your Fitbit back on after your shower or whatever? I just noticed while I was sitting in a meeting and I actually said "OH NO!" right in the middle of everything lol - got a few interesting looks from the others in the meeting!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    nstephenson01
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 173.8
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    Hello everybody!!

User ID: hkfleming
    Week: 2
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 188.6
    Current weight: 188.6
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Last month I skipped a period and began experiencing all kinds of fun menopausal symptoms. Earlier this week I noted I was up 2 pounds and surprise… TOM arrived. My body is like “welcome to crazy town”! I’m feeling pretty good about my eating as well as my activity and my wedding ring, Fitbit and jeans are fitting looser so I’m not sweating this slight gain. The scale will come around.

For this month I'm making note of my weekly Fitbit stats:
    Total Steps: 93,805 (up 8,606 from last week)
    Total Active Minutes: 422 (up 143 from last week)
    Weekly Exercise: 6 days out of 7 (down 1 day from last week)
    250+ steps per hour: 8 of 8 for all 7 days

Thanks @shirin_K. Your progress is motivating!! Congratulations on reaching 30 pounds lost! Fantastic job!!

Phew @mrsbell8well about time you all caught a break.

Great NSV’s @phoebe112476!

@sleepymom5 I love being home alone LOL. Enjoy your time while your husband is away :smiley:

@cyndiesstuff NEVER EVER EVER google a medical procedure. When I was trying to get pregnant I had to have a hysterosalpingogram and made the mistake of googling it beforehand. Got myself totally freaked out for nothing as it wasn’t a big deal after all. Best wishes everything goes well today.

@eyesopenow Thanks! You never fail to make me laugh!!

@gottagethisdown I once worked in a building that had a frozen yogurt shop downstairs. Its so yummy It became a frequent bad habit. Great job on not overdoing it!!

@carlsoda sounds like a very good day!

@twyla77 LOL I try to not take a step while my Fitbit is charging!

@hkfleming Maintains are good!

Gotta run. Wishing everyone a great day!! The sun is shining here... makes everything feel just a wee bit better.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,113 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 186
    Cw 186.4
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,113 Member
    Ugh!!! The scale is slowly creeping back up. I knew it was to good to be true. I was at the neurologist today for some symptoms I have been having and she wants me to see an ent. She said he can check me for graves disease. maybe my problem is my thyroid bit in the past it has been checked. What a pain. She also wants me to get my eyes checked. Like I don't have enough going on. Lets make tons of appointments to add in. I am overdue for my eyes though so this will get me there.
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks, @nstephenson01 ! I had a BIG woosh last week, and then it was PMS combined with a larger than usual amount of starch carbs AND a heavier lifting routine. I know all of the reasons the scale shot up right after that big woosh, why it's only today that it's starting to come back down but still...it's hard to really keep those things front and center sometimes. Still, I'm not discouraged at all, my logging and consumption is on point, I'm getting good activity and lifting, the fat will keep coming off, no matter what the scale says.

Everyone is going so great! I love how supportive the group is, and how hard everyone works to help each other!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Shirin_K Nice loss! Looks like you are in a good routine! Enjoy the time with your little one, it goes fast! And congrats on losing 30lbs! That is amazing!
    @gottagetthisdown I noticed some of the water ice/ice cream places are opening up here too. I can't believe spring is in a week! Talking to the dietician is a good idea. My daughter and I did it and it was very helpful. There were little things we didn't even know we weren't doing right-too little protein stuff like that. Maybe little tweaks are all you need. I am so glad you have been checking in!
    @carlsoda You are in such a good routine! I have a permanent retainer too, and a night time one. That is when I know to log my steps for sole mates-when I put my retainer in Lol!
    @twyla77 . Lol! I hate when that happens! I seem to notice when I think I am getting so many steps in and then DAMN! I don't even have it on! I am sure your co workers got a chuckle!
    @nstephenson01 Yeah-what the heck with the menopause?! I remember going into the nurses station and kept asking if people were hot, its so hot, isn't anyone else hot? One older nurse just laughed and said "welcome to menopause" Lol! I actually haven't been too bad, mostly just hot Lol! Glad you aren't worrying about the gain, it sounds like it could be a number of things.
    @ljdanny That isn't much of a gain, don't let it get you down. You have been doing great. I think you and I lose slower than most. Hang in there. I hope you don't have Graves disease. Get those appointments scheduled and out of the way. I know they are a pain but they are important. Hugs!
    @Mrsbell8well I am glad that your Mom is coming home soon. That will help with all the running around. I am so impressed how you have kept it all together though all of this. You are amazing! I lost track of Molly in all of this. I guess she had to be at the funeral while you were with your Mom? Hang in there, it is almost the weekend and hopefully you can catch up on your rest (after your 5K of course) .
    @hkfleming You have such a great attitude! You are absolutely right! There are a number of reasons why the scale could be up but that doesn't mean that you aren't losing fat. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I am so glad that you are on our team and have jumped right in with us!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @twyla77 I charge my Fitbit at work. I keep my chargers in a baggie. When it’s charging I tape the baggie to my shoe. It’s a reminder when I start walking to put my Fitbit back on. Odd but it works for me.
    @sleepymom5 Pam great job with the snacks.
    I feel like I need an overhaul...again. For Spring I may go back to basics. Logging, 10k steps daily and 64 oz of water. April I go to North Carolina for a week. I’m driving so I can pack my car with good food and my yoga mat.
    Everyone ready for the weekend?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Good morning all, yesterday was a good day. Food good, lots of water, steps and yoga! My only complaint was not quite enough sleep. And what I really love seeing is a 1/2 lb drop this week and I haven't been hungry once. When I eat processed foods with high carbs and sugar I can never get full! My blood sugar must be getting back to normal :)

@sleepymom5 - yes I have a night time one too but I am so sick of it I got a permanent one on my top teeth now. Wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be and FSA covers it! Win win!!

@nstephenson01 - I am 54 and still not sure if I've gone through menopause yet. I had an ablation back in my early 40's and haven't had a period since (yay!) no symptoms yet and when I last saw my oncologist she tested my hormone levels and she didn't think I was. I had the type of cancer that fed off estrogen.

@Mrsbell8well - still sending hugs your way. Both you and Molly have been though a lot this week. It's good you have each other right now!

Have a great day!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Mrsbell8well what a great idea for charging your Fitbit. The baggie taped to your shoe would surely work as a reminder. My only problem with that is the first thing I take off when I'm inside is my shoes. Of course I didn't do that in the office too often but there were times when I didn't take the time to put my shoes back on when running to the rest room or doing work in my boss's empty office. Being retired means I am barefoot or just in socks most of the time.
    It sounds like you really need a break, I hope you can get the rest you need soon. Where in North Carolina will you be next month? I am in Durham.
This discussion has been closed.