Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Happy weekend!

Stayed on track most of the week and had good water intake.

Did day 21 of the 100 ab challenge today and got through week 1 of a new arm challenge. Also got an app called Body Crush that lets you set up your own HiiT workouts, so I'm doing a few of those.

Now off to grade papers and meal plan for the week!

@sleepymom5 amazing success! So happy for you!

@Mrsbell8well hope you and your family hada great time today! Love to your mom as well and to Molly.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Wow @sleepymom5 Pam congratulations!!! That’s fantastic!!!
    Yes make a big deal about it! Bye bye 200’s
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,469 Member
    @eyesopennow Thank you! Hope all is well!
    @MrsBell8well Hey that crew looks familiar! Some of those cuties are from your New Year's walk! Looks like you had a beautiful sunny day! And thank you-bye bye for good 200s . This time for good!
    @GingerPwr Thank you! Can you post a link to your challenges? I need to work on both of those areas. You are really doing well. I always look at day 30 and get discouraged because it seems impossible but I think I am going to just see how far I can get.
  • sleepymom5
    ititmcycvb9g.jpeg
    I AM IN ONDERLAND!!

;) jk-well I am in onderland but what I am really announcing is-

LAST CALL FOR WEEK TWO WEIGH INS-
    @Corriepeic
    @eminater
    @Ashleigh1178
  • sleepymom5
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    @sleepymom5 Yay!!! I’m so happy for you! It’s awesome to see your hard work paying off!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    m32m8dh8fgmd.jpeg

@sleepymom5 - Way to go!!! ONEderland!!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    For those of you who curious I think boiled sweets are hard candy in US English. We have cold and cough lozenges made of boiled sugar with added menthol and other ingredients. They make you feel better largely thanks to the sugar though I suspect. We also have candies with a liquid centre to soothe the throat.

daily check in for for Friday and Saturday.

friday food on target
    water on target
    exercise rest day

Saturday under
    water under
    exercise 31mins run

I didn't check in yesterday because I was running around all day but I had an excellent day food wise with me being so busy. This is my birthday weekend. I celebrated by doing my 100th Park run. I think park run is everywhere but just in case you haven't heard of it. It is a weekly timed 5 km run organised by a team of local volunteers. It started in Bushey London but over the past 10 years the runs have spread around the world. I did my first park run about 4.5 years ago. It look me 48 mins. I was about 30 lbs heavier than I am now with my baby in a bugggie. I did it yesterday in 31 mins. In those 4 years I have gone on to do 9 half marathons and 5 sprint (short distance) triathlons and 1 olympic (standard distance). It has been a roller coaster of hard slogs, self doubt, self discovery and conquering it all. I celebrated with cake and prosecco and my firends that I have made through running. One of them gave me a beautiful bunch of roses. I walked home with the biggest smile on my face. I planned to eat the cake and have the prosecco and I had it with friends.

This morning birthday presents I have got chocolates. I have put them in the fridge and I am looking forward to eating them. I have to do training for my next half marathon so I have a long run planned but some friends are going to join me. Then off to the pub for a birthday lunch. I have already chosen the house special *kitten* (meatballs) and I am going to have dessert. It is on the plan so i am going to have it. I have already planned that I will have left overs for lunch tomorrow - so I hope there is enough! I haven't been to this pub before but they kindly opened for me to go to the loo when I was on a long run the other week.

@sleepymom5 welcome to onderland I hope your stay is long and fruitful.

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Check in for: Saturday
    Ate Nahhh
    Water: 32 oz
    Steps: 4626 steps

Well I got the laundry done, the bedding washed, the kitchen cleaned and the food planned for the coming week. That was it, I was done. I guess @nstephenson01 was right. I needed rest. I weighed myself this morning. It wasn't pretty. I believe the procedure reaked havoc with the scale. Thats ok. I don't live and die by that scale. I am up and moving. I have a big list today. We first have to go get grocerys.We have to go to our rental unit and put the sump back down in the crawl space but it has to be reworked because last season the pipe that took the water away was rotted and cracked. Then we have to go to my folks and I have to give mom a hair cut and Jim has to look at the running board on their truck. Then we have to go pick up a trailer that we let a friend borrow and we have to hall a piece of machinery to the brown barn cause it needs works. Then Jim will work on the back hoe and i will do food prep. LOL maybe. Crazy day in the life of a farmer.

@Mrsbell8well you look amazing girl! love those pink shoes. You all look amazing. That is wonderful. How is Molly doing? is she ok?

@Zumba_Luvah hey at least its down. What can you tweek this week? What can you just up your game by a little with changing? you can do this. it is the little changes that give big results in the end.

@sleepymom5
    7tkzqq1a6ue4.jpg

Ohhhh girl! I was laying in bed this morning reading thru mfp and came accross this post and i jumped up and put on my house coat. Jim says were are you going? I said Pam is in onederland!! He said hey wait what does that mean. I hollered back It means she never gonna see the 200's again! He was still confused but i could not wait to come and tell you how proud i am of you. i know this has been hard and it is not going to get easier. not yet. but it will. you are well on your way. and don't you worry about how many times you say it. it is a really big deal and you have the right to scream it from the roof tops! and as for sparkling water, i Love Ice. Lemon, lime and grape raspberry are my favs.

@nstephenson01 another great victory this weekend. you stuck to your plan. ohhh no, i have gotten my message thru and now i speaking to you subliminally! that is just so funny. but it really was a great message i had to share with you. i am proud of you too. what a great weekend for team Weight No More.

@ljdanny thanks for checking in. how are you doing?

@carlsoda I have thought about those soda streams as well. hmmmm. maybe. sounds like your weekend is going great!

@kirsten11872 ohhhh no that scale is soo mean Kirsten. Time to assess what you are doing. See what you can change.

@lenka1thats ok. when you get back you are going to get that right back off.

@GingerPwr wow! sounds like you are doing great. good job at keeping on track.

@amsandos ohhhhh so thats what they are. i would have never guessed. ohhh my and its your birthday. Happy day for you girl! congrats you made it thru another year! And it is ok to enjoy those treats. They are called joy food. Make sure to savor every bite. Taste it, love it, feel it in your mouth. We can't quit enjoying food. We were made to enjoy food. But what we do need to do is stop when we are satisified. enjoy every minute of your birthday. it is your special weekend!! and what a great picture. it looks like the adrenaline has done the trick!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @amsandos happy birthday, enjoy your day, great run
    @sleepymom5 welcome to wonderland, hope you stay a long time - no going back
    @cyndiesstuff you should get some rest - after a procedure like that you need it, don't worry about the numbers on the scale
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @amsandos happy birthday and great job on the race! Nice pic
    @sleepymom5 yes that is my same family from the hike. Last Thanksgiving I made a commitment that our family would start becoming more active. We often celebrate with food. But now we are adding healthy food and physical fitness. This is Skylynn’s first 5k. She is 9 years old and crossed the finish line a smidge before me.
    We went to a local hippy joint and ordered buckwheat pancakes and a hearty vegan breakfast. It’s not what I normally eat but it was nice for a change.
    I have started logging my food again today. I’m measuring my 64 oz of water and planning on 10k steps today. Back to basics starts today.
    I’m 50 pounds thinner, doing 5k’s with my family, eating fabulous healthful meals and loving life!!! My vision has become my reality.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    @amsandos - Happy Birthday 🎁🎊🎉🎂🎈 great job on the 100th park run. I have never heard of them before but what a great idea!

Yesterday was a good day, woke up with a pounding headache, the one on the top of your head and hurts every time your heart beats. But took it easy, got in my steps, played cards with the hubs, Lucy had a couple of hour plus naps on me, food prepped for next week and just relaxed.

Still a little headache today but not as bad.

@cyndiesstuff just take it easy and rest lots. Let your body heal. Not a fun procedure I am sure.

Have a great Sunday!

• sleepymom5
    Check in for: Saturday
    Logged food? Yes and under
    Water: at least 64 oz
    Exercise and steps: 45 min walking video and 10,036 steps

Thank you all for making a fuss over my getting into ONEderland! As I mentioned to a few of you, this time feels different. I know I won't go back. I don't feel like I am on a diet that is going to end. I am not worried when I am can add certain foods back in or when I can eat more. I really understand what it means to make life changes. I also like what I am eating and I don't feel deprived. It is something I will be able to continue. I also know I will make more changes as I go along and I know they will also be changes I can live with. I am done with deprivation and making things so unpleasant that I can't continue or get tired of it. I also was a big spiral downward person, I would eat one thing off plan and it would totally derail me. I have lost and regained the same 30-40 pounds multiple times. I have also gotten well into onderland multiple times and returned to the 200s over and over. That is why I sound like a broken record to you all when you go off track. Now I just get up, dust myself off and get right back on track. I know I will have plenty of slip ups in the future and I also know how to deal with them now. I also am not doing crazy exercise that I hate. I can do what I enjoy and still get a good workout. I do my walking tapes, soon I will take it outside. At the shore I will do my 3 favorites-walk on the beach, ride my bike and kayak. I also now have plenty of indoor videos for when the weather is bad (can you believe last summer I didn't know about Leslie Sansone Lol!) I also need to get back to the trainer, I am going to ask at PT on Monday when it will be ok. I just want to get at least 30-45 min of cardio in at least 5 times a week. I am shooting for 7 days but life happens and sometimes you can't. I also know I will tweek this along the way too. I am in such a good place right now and for the first time in my life understand what I should be doing and have a clear path to follow. I am also not in a hurry. I seem to lose slow and am learning to live with that. It would be nice if I had a noticeable loss by Danny's wedding in November but that is about the only timeframe that I have in my head. I know I will be less than at Nicole's wedding last March as I am almost to that weight now. I have made such big strides since the summer when I was in a huge downward spiral and just couldn't pull myself out. I finally started putting one foot in front of the other in late August and have trudged along but didn't really "get it" until I first started reading that Beck diet solution book. I am not done with it yet but actually read a chapter a day of the chapters I haven't mastered yet. Once I do, I will continue on. The phit and phat have a lot of the same concepts but are a little more fun. Between the book and podcasts all of the sudden, everything came together and I got it. All the stuff @cyndiesstuff was trying to get me to do all summer finally made sense. I resisted the whole planning thing for so long. Lol! Now I am lost without planning! Ok, this is getting long winded so I will end it here. I think you all get the idea. MK goes back to college today. I am happy, she is in a good place, off her extra meds and seems happy. I am hoping to get a workout and shower before she gets back from brunch with her friends but that may have to wait until after I drop her off. I have a tough week at work coming up. Friday is going to be awful and I may have to work on Saturday because it will be so busy. It is important that I have a plan for the week and go grocery shopping today. So I guess I should get myself moving. Happy Sunday everyone!

@Shirin_K Thank you! As you can tell I am pretty excited!
    @phoebe112476 Love that! That is exactly how I feel! Lol! Thanks!
    @amsandos Happy Birthday!! I am so impressed with your running history. It must be so nice not only to be lighter but to have stuck with it so long AND to have improved so much! Enjoy your BD weekend. Cake and prosecco are two of my favorite things Lol! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Hugs! Oh-and thank you! I am so happy Lol! Love the pic too! You look like one of the kids! I am sure it makes it a little more fun when you are doing it with a group.
    @cyndiesstuff The scale definitely has to do with the procedure. It is good you aren't stressing over it. It will go down. I am not surprised that you were tired yesterday, and maybe today too. I am glad you listened to your body and rested. Man what a day you have planned today! If you get tired, put yourself first and plan for the week. Everything else will have to wait. Yes! Can you tell I was excited Lol! I lose so slow that I thought it would probably be the next weigh in. Like I have been telling you, this just feels different. I know I won't be back there! Your story with Jim cracked me up! He probably thought you lost your mind! Lol!
    @pacsnc6 Thank you! I really feel like this time I have learned so much that I won't be back. I don't feel like I am on a "diet" that will end when I get to my goal. I feel like this is my routine. Now that I am writing this, I think I will mention it above too. Lol! Also I noticed we weren't friends on MFP so I sent you a request.
    @Mrsbell8well That is awesome! I love how this is part of your family's life too! Developing awesome traditions for the little ones too! Go Sky Lynn!
    @carlsoda Ugh! Headaches are awful, especially like you had. I am glad you took it easy. I am sure Lucy enjoyed snuggling too Lol! Hope you are feeling better today.
    @GingerPwr Thanks for sharing the ab challenge and your journal. It never occurred to me to make my own. Then I can have it the way I would like it (duh! Lol!) . I do so much better if I plan things out and that would be perfect!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 596 Member
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 3
    Weigh Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 178.6
    Current weight: 178.6
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    @sleepymom5 1 week til vegas! Fitbit emailed back this morning to say my strap is on backorder (it was a limited edition rose gold / grey) so i did what @cyndiesstuff did - went on to Amazon and got a 3 pack of different colors! they’ll be here tomorrow so i can wear until i get the other one!
  • sleepymom5
    m0rcxccxlpcd.jpeg

Sunday's weigh in still due-
    @twyla77

Monday's weigh ins
    @Amsandos
    @bmaison2014
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
    @NuggetBrain

Tuesday's weigh ins
    @eminater
    @Phoebe112476

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Twyla77
    Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday March 17
    Previous Weight: 126.6
    Todays Weight: 124.4

So happy that the weight jump the last two weeks was probavjg related to TOM, back on track now!

I was REALLY careful with my meals this past week, and did workout videos every night except Tuesday night. i found another Leslie Sanson video on YouTube where she holds 1 or 2 pound weights in each hand for the 3 miles, but i only had 5lb weights...i was really feelin that workout lol!

hope everyone had a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.