Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Sunday Check in
    Food: pre-logged then strayed
    Water: Good
    Exercise: Bowflex + dog walk; 12,049 steps

Guys worked late on the barn last night so I found myself snacking while waiting for them to finish. At least I realized I was doing it and stopped before it got out of hand. I've been keeping up on my exercise routine because its scheduled in my calendar and its important to me but haven't really been motivated or enjoyed them. I'll be so glad when this phase of the barn is completed and my father-in-law returns home. I am feeling really cranky and just plain wore out from having "company" around constantly. The weather here is beautiful but there is still too much snow to hike with my dogs. Where there isn't snow is ice or mud so unless you want to ice skate or mud wrestle, outside activities are limited. Also, I'm fairly certain I'm going to stay home when my husband leaves to work in PA which is a tough decision so I'm feeling a little anxious. I can still change my mind but I spent so much time in PA the last two years that I'd like to spend some time at home.

Love seeing all the great losses so far and maintains are wins in my book.
    All these healthy lunches look so yummy!! I recently discovered Dave's Killer Bread so have been eating more sandwiches then usual. I think as long as I'm staying active it might be OK but sandwiches usually lead to weight gain for me.

Wishing everyone a great week!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello, hope you are doing well.

I am struggling! I had that great week, I felt motivated, and now I am struggling again. I just can't stay on track. I woke up today and I just feel drained, not sure what is going on. Yesterday was my sister's birthday, we went there for dinner and I just ate whatever I wanted and the scale was not too pretty this morning. I even worked out before we went and just ate a yogurt and some fruit to hold me over.

I know what I need to do, I have done it so many times in my life, it is all in my mind. I know when I am eating too much and I know I will regret it, but some days I just don't care. It is a vicious cycle. Trying to get my act together! I keep resetting. I will get there, just struggling right now.

Have a great day! :smile:
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2019
    fdza58vh3mkr.png

lunch today with some tortilla chips on the side, yes it is high sodium so will need to drink more liquids today
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    @cyndiesstuff I am pretty confused about what to do next regarding maintenance - i am happy with how my clothes are fitting (for the most part) and now my goal is to get toned and strong, so that might INCREASE my weight if i get some muscle? wouldn't it? so how do i decide what my goal weight is? I'd like to be 125lbs at my highest, I guess...

I forgot to take a picture of my lunch today, but will do that tomorrow!

@sleepymom5 i have made a Vegas plan! I'm not going to indulge in any of the USA Junk Food (chips / chocolate bars etc) just because i can't get them in Canada - i realized they all taste the same anyways, my life has never been drastically altered by any of these candy bars in the past, so I'm not missing out on anything, right? And I am going to say "no thanks" to all the buffets, most of them are pretty expensive and I don't eat that much anyways, so it's just a waste of money, never mind calories!

I've researched a few healthy places around my hotel so I can take good stuff in my backpack to the conference during the day, and to reward myself for staying on track I am going to treat myself to ONE not-so-healthy meal on the last day of my trip (but not overly UN-healthy!) at a new restaurant that sounds really good!

Oh - i also bought a really cute aluminum water bottle for my trip to refill as I go, because last time I was in Vegas, a bottle of beer was cheaper than a bottle of water so of course I kept choosing the beer lol!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,469 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congrats Team Weigh No More-1st Place!!
    Special Congrats to our winners (or losers ;) ) @CassieGetsFit2013 @GingerPwr @phoebe112476 for 1st 2nd and 3rd place!

@carlsoda Lucy sounds so cute! I can tell she is definitely a special family member! How is the weather up there? No snow this weekend? Lunch looks yummy!
    @hope002 Lunch sounds great! I love edamame
    @Nuggetbrain Nice loss! Hope all is going well!
    @cyndiesstuff How do you like their pizza? I am always up for new things!
    @Mrsbell8well Your lunch looks yummy! I will check out that blogger, that sounds perfect for me!
    @bmaison2014 The scale is moving in the right direction! Don't get discouraged. You can do this!
    @jeddashultz Hooray! Glad you are back in onderland!
    @nstephenson01 It is tough being stuck inside and with a guest who has been there for so long. Hopefully it will be done soon. When does your husband leave and where does he go in PA. Can you go visit him for long stretches? It is a tough decision.
    @kirsten11872 You do know what you have to do. You can be so successful. Just try to power through. When you get into a good routine with the fasting, healthy eating and the gym you do great. I feel like if you force yourself a day or two you will start feeling motivated. Hang in there!
    @pacsnc6 I haven't had chicken pot pie in so long! I bet that was good!
    @twyla77 What a great plan!! You are going to do great! Lol! about the water, that is crazy! Good idea to bring a refillable bottle with you.
    @gottagetthisdown Nice loss! How is everything going?
  • sleepymom5
    bjdddddur7rt.jpeg

Tuesday's weigh ins
    @eminater
    @Phoebe112476

Wednesday's weigh ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well (Motivator)
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    @nstephenson01 i love Dave’s Killer Bread! I first bought it because of the logo, and then when i read his back story I loved it even more!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    edl17zpzjurk.jpeg

My lunch today was leftovers from dinner last night. Spinach and apple salad with homemade Dijon mustard/ red wine vinegar dressing (so good) and crock pot honey curry chicken thighs. I had to throw a few grapes in as well - eat these most every day. Love this post your lunch challenge. Love seeing all the lunches. Thanks to all who posted.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Monday check in
    food on target
    water on target
    exercise weights and swimming

I feel really good this morning. I listened to the pnp podcast about sleep and realised that I do not prioritise this enough. In the mid morning I had a bit of a 'storm' eat and had some cookies. I had them because they looked yuumy and I wanted them. The ginger one was hard but yummy. I started a lemon one but didn't enjoy it so through half of it away! This would have been unheard up until recently. In the gym I had a great Nsv. I managed to do 20 hangling knee raises which is awesome because when I started doing weight I could only hang for 3 secs and not even raise my legs. It is great to see myself getting stronger but also my weight to power ratio increasing. I went swimming in the evening but forgot my goggles. I was really annoyed with myself. I did breast stroke and back stroke for a bit then gave up. I thought I would do an indoor bike session but when I got home it was close to 10pm so I prioritised getting to bed. I am so glad I did. I feel really good this morning and I am hoping I don't get an afternoon energy slump.

Loving the lunch pics. I ate mine before I remembered hopefully I will remember today.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Happy Tuesday!

I ate lunch yesterday before remembering to share, but it was a spinach salad.

Today's lunch is 3oz of our Sunday roast and 5oz of roasted veggies: carrots, red potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. gu2jt5pzsvgb.jpg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Daily check in Monday
    Logged yes under
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise 26 minute run
    Steps 10,537

It was supposed to be in the 40’s yesterday. But twice it snowed. I brought my running clothes to work but couldn’t do it. I came home changed, and ran my figure 8’s around my dining room, hallway and living room. I had already logged my food so I couldn’t skip my run. I like seeing my ratios again with the macros. I ordered some vegan protein powder to help get my protein levels up. I am pretty high on carbs which is typical for vegan but I want to play with that a bit.
    I usually skip dinner the night before a weigh in but since I’m logging I’m going to have a cup of butternut squash soup to keep my day balanced.
    @amsandos I love your nsv! Great job.
    Nice lunches everyone!
    @cyndiesstuff no one missed the corn beef. Even my parents enjoyed it.
    Race results came in. I placed 4th in my age group. 2nd place was only 1 minute before me. Dang. I have slight arrhythmia and sometimes when I run it flares up. On 2 of the hills I had episodes and forced myself to slow down. I think the more I run the stronger my heart and body will become.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Check in for: Monday
    Ate to satisified
    Water: 75 oz
    Steps: 12616 steps

Got alot of the stuff done yesterday at work, that i needed to get done before i go on leave. I am almost prepared. Had one of the on calls come in and i gave her the tour of the office. Would have been nice if the boss was there but of course he wasn't. he told me were going to start working 4 day weeks. then he said ohhh, me not you. whatever. then he said he was going to start giving seminars again this spring. i asked him why are you tell me? i won't be here most of the spring. ohhh thats right he says. never mind then i'll wait till you get back. Wow. what a piece of work. can't beat the pay tho and bene's are good.

@nstephenson01 its hard to be comfortable when you have someone else staying in your home. and good job at stopping the mindless snacking. maybe next time you want to snack, sit at the kitchen table and really taste every bite. eat slowly and enjoy it. if your going to snack you should at least enjoy every bite!! and sometime you don't have to be motivated to exercise. you just have to do it. you don't have to feel motivated to brush your teeth and you just do it. and i sure do know about being cranky. you space has been invaded, albeit a beneficial invasion. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to make the decision to stay home. do you know how long he will be gone this time? you can always go visit, right? I think it would be great for you to stay home and really have some time to work on the new Nancy. tough choice.

@kirsten11872 You know what they say the meaning of insanity is? doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If intermittent fasting is not something you can live with forever, it is not the answer to your permanent weight loss. maybe it is time to really analyze something different something more like what you can live with. not what you can live without. I know you have been struggling. you say it is all in your mind. then it sounds like it is your mind you have to work on. any food plan only works if your thoughts are straight about it. maybe it is time for you to spend some real time working on Kirsten and her relationship with food. We are here for you friend.

@pacsnc6 omgosh it is so funny! the old boy just bought a whole bunch of those. We both love them.

@twyla77 i think you need to look into some info about recomp. i have not really looked into it. but your weight may increase but you will be thinner. so then it really sounds like you need to research what your next step is then. let me know if i can help and what you decide. we will love sharing in your journey to learn maintenance.

@gottagetthisdown wooo hooo nice loss for week three girl. how are you doing?

@sleepymom5 mmmm i like those bowls. nice lunch. how do you like Ice? you know that is my favorite flavor!!

@phoebe112476 so is that the only thing you put in your dressing? your lunch looks amazing. yummmm

@amsandos yay. sleep is rough for me. i don't sleep well. even tho i make it a priority. i have tried everything. nothing works. good job at recognizing you were storm eating. you ate them because you had an urge, and that urge created a feeling. instead of feeling that feeling, you ate the cookies. but you caught yourself and that was great improvement!! way to analyze your storm and stop it mid cycle. thats tough to do and you did it. that is a great NSV. then the knee raises too!! holy crow girl. look at you, making the new you!!

• sleepymom5
    Monday check in
    Logged food? Yes and under
    Water? at least 80oz. I have been bad, I get to 64oz and then forget to track...
    Exercise and steps- 45 min walking video and 2 mile walk 15,022 steps

Good day yesterday. Ate on track the entire day, lots of water and exercised twice! Shannon, Daisy and I went for a walk after dinner. We went out and it was a lot chillier out and instead of changing my mind, I just ran in and got a coat. I was happy I didn't wimp out. On another note-work is winding down!! I have two full weeks left and then hopefully just a week to tie up loose ends and I am done! I have also been surviving on the fashion front I am getting better putting outfits together. Lol!

@phoebe112476 Your lunch looks so good! Is the chicken spicy? I am always afraid to try stuff with curry Lol!
    @amsandos Another great day! I love PNP! It is so doable and small changes that make sense. Congrats on your NSV! That sounds hard! Lol!
    @GingerPwr Yum! That lunch looks awesome!
    @cyndiesstuff Lol! That is so funny he snuck the carrots out! That looks delicious!
    @Mrsbell8well What part of the state are you in? I swear you and @eyesopened now get more snow then us and you are south. You are so dedicated with your running! Great job getting your run in!
    @cyndiesstuff your boss is too much Lol! It isn't like he has a huge staff to keep track of! He will probably be looking for you all spring. Lol! Love the ICE! Sha and I are splitting them and making a list of what we like. So far we love the grape raspberry and grapefruit, we liked the kiwi strawberry but Sha thought it was a little too sweet.
  • sleepymom5
    @gottagetthisdown Sounds like a successful visit! I wish you lived in our area because I would go see her. It is hard to get into anyone around me and then they just give you a plan and send you on your way. I like how she can check your logging. You are really turning things around!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week3
    PW: 180.9
    CW: 180.4
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    Tuesday check in

Water: great
    Food: great
    Steps: great 12,000+, had my hair cut instead of yoga, but tonight I'm planning to do yoga.

Feeling slightly marginal today. Remember that headache I had over the weekend, still have it a bit and tummy is a bit sore. But I took some advil and hopefully I'll feel better soon. Not planning to let it get me down. Touch wood, I have been taking high doses of Vitamin C since last fall and I haven't been sick once. Last winter I had 3 bouts of bronchitis and I was determined not to get it again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!
This discussion has been closed.