Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME WEIGHT NO MORE!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the March Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the March Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team TBA
Week 2 - Team TBA
Week 3 - Team TBA
Week 4 - Team TBA

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Step Challenge - This is being discontinued for the month of March.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for MARCH. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    @Shirin_K

Great job on 29 pounds down! You halfway there :)). You can do this!!

I am also 5 3” with similiar goal 125-128 range:)

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @cyndiesstuff when I first started this group you and the team posted before and current pictures. I think that would be fun to do that again. I will take a picture this weekend and post. Would love to see others before and current pics.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    March goals:
    Complete C25k training with the Shamrock trail run March 16th
    30 days of yoga-Adriene yoga camp
    Abs of steel and weight train 2X a week
    Weigh 151 (lose 4.8 pounds)

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    WEEK 1 MODS CHALLENGE
    BUILD A BETTER BREAKFAST

jrscw37vp5sk.png
    Mornings can be hectic and crazy. But no matter how rushed your morning gets, there’s one habit you absolutely shouldn’t ditch from your morning routine: eating breakfast.

Science shows that regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and dieters are more successful at losing weight—and keeping it off—when they eat breakfast.

Another breakfast benefit: research has found that eating a breakfast that contains slower-burning carbohydrates instead of faster-burning breakfast foods helps maintain concentration and attention throughout the morning. So reach for whole-grain carbs that contain fiber like whole-wheat toast and oatmeal over refined carbs like white bread or sugary cereals.

So what should you reach for to keep yourself going all morning long until lunch? Make sure your breakfast includes something from each of the food groups below for a balanced and energizing start to your day.

—Lisa Valente, M.S., R.D.

SO HERE IS HOW THIS GOING TO WORK ... YOU MUST INCORPORATE ONE THE 3 FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS
    WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PRE PREPPING AND POST FINISH PRODUCT PHOTO AND POST IT ON THE MODS CHALLENGE PAGE FOR ALL TO SEE.
    WE ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE RECIPE THAT YOU USE SO WE CAN BUILD OUR RECIPE CATALOGS

1)Protein....Adding protein to your breakfast helps keep you fuller for longer. Good protein sources at breakfast include Greek yogurt, eggs and cottage cheese.FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18666/nutrient-focused-diets/high-protein/breakfast/

2) Whole Grains.....Eat whole grains to help you stay sharp and focused throughout the morning. Whole grains are slower-burning carbs, so you don't digest them as quickly. Plus you’ll get some essential vitamins and minerals. Try oatmeal, whole-wheat toast or a whole-wheat English muffin.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250916/breakfast-blueberry-oatmeal-cakes/

3)Fruit or Vegetables.....Getting your produce at breakfast isn't as hard as it seems. Choosing fruit or veggies gives your breakfast more vitamins, minerals and feel-full fiber. Try adding fruits to yogurt, a smoothie or eating them on the side of whatever else you're having. Go for green in a green smoothie or add some vegetables to your eggs.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251039/peanut-butter-jelly-smoothie/

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHALLENGE AS I HAVE TRIED TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT FOR ALL OF YOU
    ENJOY GREG

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Pancake breakfast at church this morning, fund raiser for disaster relief. I ate two small pancakes, sausage, fruit, juice, small piece of apple pie and milk. That lots more than my usual instant breakfast. And I'm hungry again!!!
    The Carnation instant breakfast - powder in a glass of milk - fills me up and sometimes I don't get hungry until mid afternoon. Why does eating REAL food make me hungry?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    @cyndiesstuff
    THANKS CYNDIE
    I ENLARGED THIS WEEK GROUP CHALLENGE AND I AM PLACING A COPY IN THE GALLEY AND MY HEAD
    JUST SO I WON'T LOSE FOCUS WHILE DEALING WITH THE FUTURE OF GOING TO SURGERY AGAIN
    THANKS AGAIN GREG
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Checking in Saturday

Logged and about 80 calories over, but I'm in the middle of a Fitness Blender HIIT workout so should net out to the good
    Water: 70 oz so far, but will likely be over 100 before bed.

Expecting a small gain tomorrow because I had potato chips tonight. It's weird how some of my favorite junk foods still tempt me, but once I have a little, they are just unsatisfying now.

Stay focused through the weekend!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @sleepymom5 you have fun in NYC!! we will see you when you get back. you did have a great week last week. i am super proud of you!! and don't you worry about this stuff, i will cover you you just go have fun!!

@Mrsbell8well i love your self talk girl. good job at taking great care of yourself. yup i just ordered new bras. 36C!! yay me and yay you. we are both rock stars!! and those pancakes look yummo!1 and the ring is very pretty.

@Zumba_Luvah you just keep working at it. you will get this. keep learning how to show up for yourself. it will be well worth it in the end.

@lenka1 nice loss this week. and february was a good month. how are you going to one up in march?

@Shirin_K nice to start the month on a positive note. we are working the plan. good job!

@twyla77 burrrr... michigan is cold but not that cold! time to bundle up with your footie pajamas!!

@ihp2015 thanks for checking in. thought we lost you to the new job. how is it going?

@carlsoda i did a little reading on the whole 30. it looks to tough for me. i am glad you like it so far and hope it is something that you can live with. keep us updated, it will be really interesting watching your journey. how's that new grandbaby? and the way you explained the binge is exactly what happens to me. and i would suspect, a lot of us. thats is how we got overweight or at least part of it!!

@kirsten11872 oh man kirsten. thats tough. shake it off. it is a new month. a perfect time to pick up where you left off. you can do this.

@pacsnc6 many times when we eat food that is lower in nutritional value we become hungry faster even if we ate more than usual. and that may have been real food but it wasn't nutrient dense like your powdered breakfast. that is why you were hungry.

@Navydaddjtc i, like you have enlarged that meme and put it on my frig. i will be going in for surgery on the 29 of this month and i know you have a surgery scheduled too. we will go thru recovery together and will come out better than we were.

@GingerPwr i have tried to make a better for you version of chips. not the same but not bad. i dehydrate veggies that i had drizzed with olive oil and sea salt.

@corriepelc and @hkflemming please come in and introduce yourselves. we look forward to getting to know you on our journey to lasting weight loss.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    3/02 steps 10,161
This discussion has been closed.