Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Steps 3/2: 16,028
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Steps

March 2: 12 204
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    @Mrsbell8well 47 pounds since August! What an amazing progress, hard work and dedication.

And I LOVE the idea of posting before/after pics this month!

@cyndiesstuff ha March will be tough for me, leaving Wednesday night and won’t be back til end of March but I’m hoping I can still work out. Actually I’ll have more time for myself bc my parents will try to kick me outta house to do something so they can spend as much time alone with their grandkid as they can and spoil her :)

As long as I don't go crazy with eating I will have more time to run and lift ( my brother is big into lifting too and goes 5-6x a week into their local gym so I will have a buddy to go with)

When it comes to weigh in it may not be super accurate - at least this following week bc I will be using moms scale and i know it matters to use the same scale. Plus I need to recount from kilograms :)

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Check in for: Saturday
    Ate to satisfied: unsuccessful
    Water: 60 oz
    Steps: 9872 steps

I started out yesterday on track. Blew it at lunch time. ate to way past full. i had an urge and i gave in. weekends are a challenge that i just haven't been able to master yet. i will win tho. it is just a bad habit. just an urge that happens in my brain. the more i eat to satisfied the easier it becomes. I do not quit. the whole thing for me starts with a thought, boy those oyster crackers are good. then i get an urge to eat some more. then i get a thought, i could eat more and then there is the action, i eat the crackers. now the trick is to change the first thought, boy those crackers are good. that is a fact. i will follow that fact with i can have more some other time. i am satisfied. if i quit smoking, and i did, i can do this too. it is just a bad habit. march is the month that i am going to conquer the urge to overeat.

Team business:
    ya8qzhki8hfb.jpg

Please get your steps in for the last step challenge.

For @sleepymom5 Friday and saturday
    For @nstephenson01 Friday and saturday
    for @Mrsbell8well friday and saturday
    For @carlsoda saturday
    For @twyla77 friday and saturday
    For @eminater tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday

and @hope002 where are you girl? we need your last weigh in for the starting weight for the march challenge. you can't give up. even your online name say it. HOPE. you can do this. lets start from here. right where your at.

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    GM AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS...GREG HERE ONE OF THE MODERATORS...
    I AM HER TO REMIND YOU THAT THE MODERATORS HAS BEEN POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD PLEASE CHECK AND SNAP A PHOTO OR TOO AND SHARE IT WITH US AT.....https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest

HAVE FUN WITH THIS CHALLENGE AND HAVE A GREAT MARCH
    GREG
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Steps
    Friday March 1-7705
    Saturday-11,114

I thought the challenge was just for February?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Check in Saturday
    Food- good
    Water-not enough
    Exercise-11,114 steps
    Yoga day 2-50 minutes

Slept in yesterday. Spent the whole day shopping with mom. Ran out of time to go to kohl’s so while waiting for mom to finish groceries I shopped for clothes at Walmart. Cute little springtime shorts w birds and flowers, lilac skinny ankle jeans, pj pants and 3 bras!!! I would never have thought to try on 38DD. Fit great!!! I tried on 2 in that size. 1 looked good the other not quite right. Bought a sports bra and black plunge bra that I didn’t try on but will later today. Both in 38DD.
    I have a fantasy that I wear 36C like @cyndiesstuff. I’m allowing myself to respect and embrace the reality. It is what it is. My counter and fridge are packed with wonderful ingredients. Can’t wait to start cooking and prepping. It’s snowing out. Gave myself permission to sleep in again. 8 1/2 hours. I average 6 1/2. I feel like I’m catching up from all the early mornings and high energy of the week.
    Have a great Sunday.

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    I tried to check in this morning but it didn't save.
    Weekend check in
    Food under
    Water on target
    Exercise as planned.

Still listening to pnp podcasts and trying to embed those healthy habits.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @Mrsbell8well the step challenge was for the feb challenge which runs thru march 2, the new challenge for march starts today. the first full week in march. no worries. we got this girl!! and the reason i am a 36c is because i had a breast reduction in 2013. i was a 38e. i wanted the plastic surgeon to go smaller but he said the insurance would have a cow about it. i wanted a large b cup. on my short little frame it would have been cute but oh well. 36c is nice too. but on your frame 38d is really nice. you will probably end at 36d. we shall see when we get there. i just finished all my prep. phew. gonna relax the rest of the day.

@carlsoda thats for letting me know where it was at. sometimes i just scroll right by. i even looked twice. lol. ole lady eyes!!

@nstephenson01 no worries. we are not doing the step challenge this month. so it frees up some of me and @sleepymom5 s time. and you know you did get off track. but you never quit. you know where you veered off track and you are getting back on. and that podcast was game changing for me. it has really helped me get my head in the game.

@lennoncpa thanks for checking in. when tax time eases up i look forward to hearing from you more.

@CassieGetsFit2013 please check in more so we can talk about what your plan is. how are you feeling?

@amsandos and healthy habits takes time. how long have you been doing it a different way? remember practice practice practice!! you will get there just don't ever quit.

I got all my prep work done. i think a sunday afternoon nap is in order. i have had a good day thus far. happy sunday team. talk to you tomorrow.
  • Navydaddjtc
    ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS
    IT WITH A SADDENED HEART THAT I AM PASSING ALONG TO YOU THAT STEVE'S @STEPLAJ MOTHER DIED THIS AFTERNOON. PLEASE KEEP STEVE AND HIS FAMILY IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS WE GO THROUGH OUR WEEK.
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited March 2019
    AFTERNOON TEAM

HEY WHEN YOU POST YOUR PICS ON HERE FOR YOUR BREAKFAST PLEASE ALSO POST THEM ON THE MOD CHALLENGE AS WELL
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest
    THANKS.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Hi team and welcome to any new members! I am Lisa from Toronto, Canada. I am 52 and live here with my husband and our two boys. I joined this team in January 2019 and MFP in 2018 when I started out at 168 lbs. The weight came on slowly in my thirties as work and family life became busy. I have been quite the fluctuator as well. I am 5’ 3” with a petite frame, so every pound really makes a difference. I am a runner, but was sidelined by injury in October 2018 and am slowly making my way back with physio. As I told the team earlier, I had my annual physical in February and my doctor was very pleased with the my overall health, test results, and my weight loss (am currently at 152 lbs). In her opinion, if I maintain my current weight and healthy lifestyle, I will continue to be very healthy. I was very pleased to hear this, but it made me revisit why I am on this journey and my overall goals. I have decided to continue with weight loss, because I know that I feel better physically below 145 lbs, I enjoy running more, and frankly, I like the look of my clothes below that weight as well. Once I reach 145 lbs, I am going to revisit my goal every 5 lbs.

Goals for March:
    Continue daily logging and cico
    Continue to stay consistent with my daily physio exercises. It is a grind, but it really helps!
    Get below 150 lbs
    Focus on sleep, at least 8 hours a night
    Start a daily meditation for Lent, just 5 minutes dedicated to silence

Happy March everyone!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @phoebe112476 - Love your before and after face photos!! You look amazing and happy too!!
This discussion has been closed.