Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @carlsoda yay! day 6. and omg a 2 month old baby falling asleep in your arms. I bet your madly in love!! and you should definitely take a before pic!!

@kirsten11872 wooo who day 4 for you! building momentum.

@GingerPwr nice loss. you are doing awesome. fantastic way to start the month. and good job on being mindful when you eat.

@gottagetthisdown you can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect a different result. try something different. show up for you. I believe in you, you can do this, but it is going to take work and commitment on your part. change is hard but your tough. you will figure this out.

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    @cyndiesstuff my positive self talk for the day is:

Im proud of how hard I’ve worked over the last year to get rid of unhealthy habits, and know I can work a bit harder on the ones I’m still stuck on.

I have a creative mind and I’m an asset to my team at work.
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    Had a great 55 minute workout today (split between treadmill and elliptical). Food/calories were a little under today, which is fine since I work off of my weekly average. Tomorrow will be my first official weigh in for the team!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Daily check in for Tuesday
    Food - logged & on target (no chips)
    Water - 800 ml
    Exercise - physio and 7199 steps

Had a very intense physio appointment today with some acupuncture added. The treatments and exercises continue to get more intense as I heal. It always feels so much better the day after, but I am very sore today.

Here is my positive self talk: Physically and mentally, in work and in life, I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone. It gets uncomfortable and sometimes stressful, but this means I am moving forward and not staying stagnant.

@cyndiesstuff - Thanks for your advice about my chips incident. This is an ancient bad habit that dates back to when I was a (skinny) teen. I thought I had kicked it, but not yet apparently. You are right that stress is going to happen and believe me, I am still feeling it. Pre-injury, I would have gone for a run. So yesterday, I had an afternoon green tea in my lovely Japanese tea set and that is going to be my new habit.

@sleepymom5 - I am very sorry about your daughter and I hope that she is feeling better. So good that you were able to look after her and support her. You are a great mom!

@eyesopennow - I really like the stuff that you are giving up for Lent, especially impatience! I have decided to do a daily five minute meditation this year and had a really nice first meditation today. In terms of giving something up, I guess it is chips!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @sleepymom5 how terrifying Pam! My heart goes out to you and your family. Hope you find some answers.
    @cyndiesstuff your support and encouragement are so appreciated! You put so much energy into being team captain. You do a great job! Thank you!
    @GingerPwr I kept checking my phone to see if you had posted yet. Great job! I’m looking forward to moving down to the 140’s with you!
    @Cafelelia I’m glad your treatments are so beneficial.
    Ok sorry that’s all I can muster up. I’m pooped.
    I really enjoyed all the bra size dialogue. Nice to know I’m not alone.
    I got my rewards for the last 3 pounds. Will post pics later.

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Daily log in for: Wed March 6
    Logged: yep, under!
    Water: i’m about to hit 8...almost there
    Exercise: did an ab workout, and a walking video, and a nice stretching video.
    Steps: 10,568
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    @eyesopennow I should work on my paitence too. I am not sure where to start.

@sleepymom5 I hope that your daughter is ok.

@cyndiesstuff I think I am starting to practive more positive self talk. Instead of saying to myself you are rubbish and am now saying to myself. This isn't working what do I need to change.

Gotta go and do some work. More later.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Ate to satisfied: Yes! success
    Water: 79 oz
    Steps: 14414 steps

That sleepiness at work is really tough. In response to the tiredness, my body sends urges to eat for energy. Then my go to thought process is, it is time to eat. what can i eat. i want to eat. oh that sounds good. i sat with it yesterday. i felt the urge get stronger when i ignored it. i acknowledged it many times and changed my focus. only to have my mind go right back to that old familiar path. it's like when you are first learning to meditate. it is refocusing the mind on something else. it is taming the primal urges that tell your brain there is a squirrel over there lets think about that and then it says to think about something else. i did sit with it yesterday, it was very hard. but i did it and i didn't die or get pregnant! one day soon this habit will be broken and i will not quit on myself any more. as for being up a pound. not worried about it. losing weight is not linear. i am ovulating and hormonal. i have a dental cleaning this morning at 7:30, so i have to get moving but i dont want to. lol. squirrel!!

positive self talk:
    I am learning to sit with my urges.
    I am a success and I am strong.

@twyla77 i love your self talk girl. and i concur with you. i am proud of all the hard work you have put into this. this is a journey that is not for the faint of heart. it takes a strong fierce woman, to continue to fight for what she believes in. and that is you.

@hkfleming good job on meeting your daily goals. make sure to give yourself big credit for all the things you are doing. credit worthy acts, no matter how small, need to be recognized!!

@Cafelelia love love your your self talk! ohhhh girl. you are learning new ways to deal with stress besides food. what a great redirection of your energy!

@Mrsbell8well i always love kudos from you! i love my team. i am so invested in everyones journey. and you are my motivation today, when faced with challenges today, i will ask myself, what would angelina do. sometimes when i have a hard time visualizing my new self i pick someone i look up to to model after. thanks for sharing your journey with me.

@amsandos ohhhh girl. that is a great positive self talk. i love the way you did that. because you are not rubbish, that is just a lie you have told yourself in the past! you smile today and stand tall and say out loud, i am a success. my tenacity is perfect for any situation.

ok. i have to run. but what is your positive self talk today? pick one lie you tell yourself and turn it into a positive statement and then let me know what it is.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Positive self talk...
    I look in the mirror and say “damn, you look great!” I did this even when I weighed 200 pounds. And I always feel it and believe it.
    Also...”breathe, your doing great!”
    I use it daily for all situations.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    User ID: Shirin_K
    Week: 1
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 162.8
    Current weight: 163.2
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 45 minutes walking and 15,504 steps

My weight is up 0.4 pounds on the scale, but based on calories for the week, I should’ve lost a pound. I did eat over calories one day this week, but was under enough other days to balance it out. I’m pretty sure it’s due to having a cold and retaining water. Immediately after getting the cold, the scale jumped up a couple pounds and stuck there a few days and is now slowly returning to where I was. Hopefully next week will be better!

Positive self-talk: “I am worth the effort!”
  • cyndiesstuff
    @Mrsbell8well nice self talk. you are wonder woman!

@Cafelelia wow amazing transformation. I am a shorty too! I've got you beat tho, I am only 5 foot. so your right, 16.6 lbs is a huge loss. you look amazing girl. you keep that up!!

@pacsnc6 love your self improvement strategy. and also your improved balance. wow. that is great. I love water aerobics. such great exercise and the water washes away your sweat!!

@carlsoda I have never heard of omada. but is sounds interesting and healthy for the mind and body. I hope it helps you. good job at sticking to the whole 30 too. that's a tough but very healthy program.

@Shirin_K that's nothing. it's probably just water weight. you just keep up with what your doing. and you are worth it for sure. great self talk.
This discussion has been closed.