Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEIGHT NO MORE - March 2019

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @hkfleming well that is a nice woosh!! and your weights are correct on the spreadsheet. and your right you would have eaten 12250 less calories than your body needed. not likely. but, it is an indicator that you are working and being a success. that is why I don't put a lot of stock in the scale. it can move for so many reasons. to me it is just another tool. that's why this morning I was not worried about the pound gain. I know I have been doing what I need to do to lose weight and I know that I have not eaten to maintenance and ate an extra 3500 calories. but it does tell me how my body reacts to hormone fluctuations. either way. I am dancing all around my office at work. the passers by think I am a little touched in the head. but what they don't know it that you lost 3.4 pounds! keep up the tought work!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,469 Member
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss! I like your hunger scale, nice and simple to use. I am glad the weather is settling down, I am still waiting for my big snow storm, guess I will have to wait until next season. I am ready for spring now.
    @phoebe112476 It is amazing how much progress you have made. I am glad you tried out the strength training. If you didn't, you would always be thinking you should. Doesn't yoga tone as well? I don't do it but just thinking you may be getting what you need with that. Bonus is that you love it too!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    @sleepymom5 WTG with your great NSV Pam. You’re doing such a great job developing healthy habits that will be routine come summer despite everything you have going on. I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. What a scary time for you all. Hoping spring break gives her the rest, peace and recovery she needs. Hugs.

@phoebe112476 I so enjoy your posts and your philosophy on things. Your writing is so fun! I feel we have to do what works for us to be successful and you’re doing just that with great success. Strength training isnt for everyone just like yoga isn’t. This is YOUR journey!!

So tonight is hubby and FIL’s catfish and hushpuppy fry. I’ve prelogged what I plan to eat... I like knowing ahead of time what destruction I’m capable of doing if I stray from my plan. Its all about the plan, isn’t it @cyndiesstuff? Its a southern thing with them... I’m not that big of a fan of catfish so I think I’ll be OK.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello & Happy Thursday! :smiley:

I have continued my streak, I am on day 5! I got home from work yesterday, did my workout, ate a healthy dinner and started my fast at 7:00. Took the leftovers from last night's dinner, for today's lunch - baked shrimp with grape tomatoes, fresh string beans and roasted baby carrots, it was so good I couldn't wait to eat it today. My mom cooks on Wednesday nights, we live in a 2 family house, mom lives on the 2nd floor and my family on the 1st. She cooks on Sunday and Wednesday nights which is nice. She is Italian, so we have pasta and Sunday gravy every Sunday, lol.

I prepped my food again for today and I am hitting the gym after work. I am hoping to see a nice loss on Saturday. I am down 3 pounds so far, I am thinking I may be able to drop another pound or 2 by Saturday. My body reacts fairly quickly when I get back on track.

3/6 Step count: 11,682
    I should hit over 20K with my elliptical workout tonight!

@sleepymom5 glad your daughter is feeling better! It takes time.

@nstephenson01 nice loss!

@phoebe112476 great job! I love Chai tea, so good! I get a Chai Tea latte for the Keurig machine, it is delicious and only 60 calories. You do not need to add milk or sugar. It is from Cafe Escapes.

@hkfleming great loss!

Have a great day! It is almost TGIF time again! :smile:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,113 Member
    Well of course the scale is moving up it always does. Whenever the scale goes down it starts going back up. I didn't get up the last 2 mornings to workout, I had rough nights sleeping. When I got home I had to do some homework, I have a paper due this weekend and I have been out of school so long I need some practice with my time management and a refresher on how to write a paper in a specific way. I will be glad when class is done.

@sleepymom5 sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully things are getting a little better. My son suffers from depression and anxiety, so I know what you are going through.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Thursday check in

Logged and on track
    Strength training
    100 abs challenge
    Water: about 60 oz
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    @cyndiesstuff - i forgot to answer your question the other day about the ‘workout for small apartments’ - basically it was just very low-impact so the neighbors below me won’t complain lol!
This discussion has been closed.