Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

March 2019 group?

Replies

• enyagoboomenyagoboom Posts: 373Member Member Posts: 373Member Member
    Week 2, day 2 complete. It looks like I am having a lateral foot issue so i'm taking more than a day off between runs and doing RICE, yoga/swim on the non-run days. I'm going to go to the doctor and get some info from them, and go to a running store to have them check my stride etc. Still though, it was nice to get out and hit the pavement this morning :)
  • kilobykilokilobykilo Posts: 360Member Member Posts: 360Member Member
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Week 2, day 2 complete. It looks like I am having a lateral foot issue so i'm taking more than a day off between runs and doing RICE, yoga/swim on the non-run days. I'm going to go to the doctor and get some info from them, and go to a running store to have them check my stride etc. Still though, it was nice to get out and hit the pavement this morning :)

Well done for getting your run done, and for being sensible about it! I hope the doc can give you further advice to help you run safely
    Week 4 run 3 redone this morning. It was hard work, but it was early and windy and hadn't eaten anything before. As the runs get longer (I'm on couch to 10k) may just have to Do the programme twice a week and something shorted mid week as fitting in the weekday run is tough!
  • SarahGilfachSarahGilfach Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    W7R2 done this morning. Not sure why, maybe my legs are still feeling the effects of hiking up Hay Bluff on Sunday, but this was a toughie today. Had to dig deep to finish the thing today. I did manage to increase my speed for the last minute though, which I couldn't last time, so that's good. Still, it's done, and it's the first run I've managed to log on my Garmin which makes for interesting perusing of more data than I ever could have asked for!
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Week 4 run 3 redone this morning. It was hard work, but it was early and windy and hadn't eaten anything before. As the runs get longer (I'm on couch to 10k) may just have to Do the programme twice a week and something shorted mid week as fitting in the weekday run is tough!

Well done - what's week 4 look like in couch to 10k? Time would be a problem for me too, if I were to go beyond 5k.
  • VanVanDianeVanVanDiane Posts: 808Member Member Posts: 808Member Member
    Well done everyone! W2D1 done for me

Well done - what's week 4 look like in couch to 10k? Time would be a problem for me too, if I were to go beyond 5k.

I think it's couch to 5k for the first half and then builds from there. Week five day one is 5 and 6 minute jog intervals.

Your data from your run sounds very exciting!
    Well done everyone! W2D1 done for me

Well done!
    W2D2 complete
    Week 5 day 1 done..... from Monday I'm back into the land of the unknown.... my redoing is over so the fear is back!
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Week 5 day 1 done..... from Monday I'm back into the land of the unknown.... my redoing is over so the fear is back!

Well done @kilobykilo - I got as far as day 1 of week 3 so am closing in on that too :)
    W2D3 done - on to week 3 next Tuesday!
    Well done @VanVanDiane !

Week 5 day 2 done, a day late but it's done....! Almost enjoyed the 8 minute jog interval but found the five mins of walking too long between the runs..... maybe longer intervals are going to be doable, maybe!
  • emmamcgarityemmamcgarity Posts: 1,010Member Member Posts: 1,010Member Member
    Great job guys! I’m still lurking and still running. (I can’t believe I’m still running!)
    Week 5 is done, was hard this morning because it was pre breakfast yet already super warm. 10, 15, 20 minute intervals around the corner and I hope I'm ready for them!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    W3D2 done - woohoo! Had to have a few days of RICE mid week, but foot seems ok now. Onward and upward!

Well done on finishing week 5 @kilobykilo - I can't imagine 10 minute intervals yet - the 3 minute ones are still kicking my *kitten* at the moment 🙂🏃🏽‍♀️

ETA cheer for @SarahGilfach - nearly finished!
    edited June 2
  • enyagoboomenyagoboom Posts: 373Member Member Posts: 373Member Member
    Did a 5k today walking and jogging - 51:15 total which was not terrible all things considered. Week 2 run 3 complete. Aiming for tues or Wednesday to start week three :)
    Week 6 day 1 done this morning. Didn't enjoy it really.

Well done to everyone kicking *kitten*!