March 2019 group?

Replies

• SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Welcome and good luck! The no interval stage still fills me with dread, I hope I'm feeling more like you when I get there!

I used to feel like that too, but it's reached a point where restarting the run after an interval feels harder than just keeping going. Week 6, run 1 (3 intervals) I found harder than week 5, run 3 (20 minutes straight). Once you find a rhythm, it's easier to let your mind think about other things and less about 'how many seconds have I got left before I can walk again?' And I NEVER in a million years thought I'd ever say things like this! I hadn't run since leaving school, I was useless at running when I was at school, and had always just assumed that I could never be a runner, I wasn't made for it. But I'm now running, albeit slowly and only for twenty minutes at a time. Love this programme. :)
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    W3D2 done after 3 days of no exercise. It was raining and I was grumpy lol! Back at it today and it felt great. Almost easy but not TOO easy. I’m ready for W3D3 but not so sure about W4D1!

I also wore a new pair of sneakers today for my run (ok, jog). I didn’t hate them.

We're almost in the same place, I'll be (re) doing week 4 day one tomorrow after I stopped for a month due to travel, sickness and then losing my focus. Week 4 was my favourite week, getting into the zone in the slightly longer runs was great. I found week 5 tougher though, and stopped at week 5 day 2.

Reading about others teaching the long runs and doing them and then successfully finishing the whole programme makes me believe I can do it too..... let's see!

Happy jogging everyone!

The place I run has some gradual inclines. I try and time them so I can walk up the big(ish) hill lol. I think once I hit week 4/5 I'll want to switch my location to a flat run.

Great work, keep it up!
  • SarahGilfach
    W1D2 complete 🏃🏽‍♀️

Fab! Well done! Onwards and upwards. :)
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,353 Member
    @SarahGilfach I can't wait to get to the bit where I actually enjoy it! :D
  • jcraig10
    @SarahGilfach bad *kitten*!!
  • jcraig10
    W3D3 done. I have off work today so woke up and just got it done. Ran flat today which was a nice change.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Great job my c25k friends! Still lurking. Still running.
  • jcraig10
    @SarahGilfach love your post, thank you!

Week 4 day 1 redone and almost enjoyed it!

Almost haha! Maybe one day right?

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,353 Member
    W1D3 done - a cool misty run along the coast - very refreshing!
  • SarahGilfach
    W7D1 done. Not too bad, didn't drink quite enough yesterday which showed in how I felt a little bit, but overall fine. Well done @kilobykilo, @jcraig10 and @VanVanDiane! Keep it going!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Week 4 day 2 done. Tried another route today as need to get further from home in my loop. Was lovely through the woods but the run ended and I was miles from home, so once I'd cooled down decided to just jog, and 12.5 minutes later was at my front door. Yippee!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Week 2, day 2 complete. It looks like I am having a lateral foot issue so i'm taking more than a day off between runs and doing RICE, yoga/swim on the non-run days. I'm going to go to the doctor and get some info from them, and go to a running store to have them check my stride etc. Still though, it was nice to get out and hit the pavement this morning :)
  • kilobykilo
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Week 2, day 2 complete. It looks like I am having a lateral foot issue so i'm taking more than a day off between runs and doing RICE, yoga/swim on the non-run days. I'm going to go to the doctor and get some info from them, and go to a running store to have them check my stride etc. Still though, it was nice to get out and hit the pavement this morning :)

Well done for getting your run done, and for being sensible about it! I hope the doc can give you further advice to help you run safely
  • kilobykilo
    Week 4 run 3 redone this morning. It was hard work, but it was early and windy and hadn't eaten anything before. As the runs get longer (I'm on couch to 10k) may just have to Do the programme twice a week and something shorted mid week as fitting in the weekday run is tough!
  • SarahGilfach
    W7R2 done this morning. Not sure why, maybe my legs are still feeling the effects of hiking up Hay Bluff on Sunday, but this was a toughie today. Had to dig deep to finish the thing today. I did manage to increase my speed for the last minute though, which I couldn't last time, so that's good. Still, it's done, and it's the first run I've managed to log on my Garmin which makes for interesting perusing of more data than I ever could have asked for!
    Week 4 run 3 redone this morning. It was hard work, but it was early and windy and hadn't eaten anything before. As the runs get longer (I'm on couch to 10k) may just have to Do the programme twice a week and something shorted mid week as fitting in the weekday run is tough!

Well done - what's week 4 look like in couch to 10k? Time would be a problem for me too, if I were to go beyond 5k.