swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!

I just gave up on my c25k because I was stuck on week 5. No matter how many times I retried I just stalled there. Eventually I lost motivation so that was the end. BUT I really want to run a 5k someday so I am not giving up. This week I downloaded a new 6 week walk/run interval plan and have already done this weeks 2 out of 3 of the scheduled days. One more for the week to stay on track. It will be fun looking for running updates from you.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The other day, I was feeling very demotivated to exercise and I was thinking of ways to help get myself out of that funk and I found these to be my go-to's:

1) think back to a previous time when I was physically fit and remember that feeling of being stronger then ever, sharper in mind, better balance, etc.

2) make sure Im always ready to work out. Clothes and shoes and a plan to go(If I can't put them on right when I wake up I have a bag ready😊)

3) Remind myself not to be so restrictive about when and how I'm going to work out. If the day seems too busy I will remember to fill in the gaps with little exercises. Or at the very end of the day when it's nighttime.

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge

Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!

This group support just gets better! ☺️ A mini run club online is just what I need since I run on my own in real life.
    Great news on the sunny skies @cmhubbard92 . I headed out tonight too but got some pretty bad shin splints so stopped at 3km and headed home. Had a good stretch out so hoping tomorrow I'll be back on it!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge

This group support just gets better! ☺️ A mini run club online is just what I need since I run on my own in real life.
    Great news on the sunny skies @cmhubbard92 . I headed out tonight too but got some pretty bad shin splints so stopped at 3km and headed home. Had a good stretch out so hoping tomorrow I'll be back on it!

Please be careful! If you give it another go tomorrow, please don't keep going if it hurts too bad! If you're on a treadmill doing it, try slowing the pace and add a little .5 or 1.0 incline! Just things I have heard in the past!

4/23/19 Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes, 45 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 2)

Day 2 went very well again. On run 8, I kept going for another 30 seconds before walking to start my cool down. Feeling good! I am doing day 1 of a 30 day challenge for abs tonight, before I call it a night. I will see how it goes!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    4/22
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    workout: yes

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week: 241.8
    This week: 242.5- TOM bloat...I’ll be back to normal next week!

@drea2011, I don't doubt it for a moment, Drea. Less than a pound, and it will be gone by next weigh-in for sure!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The Easter holiday may be to blame, but I am missing some weigh-ins already.

Sunday: @bbmich23 and @Kwinnero

Monday: @heaz10 and @crab5005

WEIGH-IN
    Week: Week 4
    Sunday, April 21st
    Previous week's weight: 161.3lbs
    Current week's weight: 161.8lbs

Ok, now for my mental weigh in:
    I have been off our chatroom for too long so Im back to routine starting today. I really appreciate the team environment here and Lisa is a great advocate for everyone so I thank you for that! My little lesson I learned over Easter weekend was that I'm terrible at making food decisions without placing limits down, I lack the discipline. One day I'll understand why I can't stop when I'm full, but for now I'll go back to the keto food list and stick with what I know works for me. Starting now..

Mini Challenge
    April Pass Days
    Date: Sat, Sun, Mon:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, no, no
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No×3
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No×3

@Kwinnero, if you go off the rails, but learn something from it, then it is not all bad. Your mental break only resulted in a half pound gain Factor Easter in there and it is not that bad at all. Nothing you can't undo this week with a concerted effort. Starting now....
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    The other day, I was feeling very demotivated to exercise and I was thinking of ways to help get myself out of that funk and I found these to be my go-to's:

1) think back to a previous time when I was physically fit and remember that feeling of being stronger then ever, sharper in mind, better balance, etc.

2) make sure Im always ready to work out. Clothes and shoes and a plan to go(If I can't put them on right when I wake up I have a bag ready😊)

3) Remind myself not to be so restrictive about when and how I'm going to work out. If the day seems too busy I will remember to fill in the gaps with little exercises. Or at the very end of the day when it's nighttime.

@Kwinnero, very insightful, Krystal. Thank you for sharing! #2 is key....having a plan and being prepared!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    4/22
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    workout: yes

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes

@erikNJ, looks like you found some motivation tonight!!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Week 4 weigh in:
    PW: 221.4
    CW: 222.3
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    4/22:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 25 min walk

4/23:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 30 min walk
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Tracked under n over 12k steps
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge

Me, too, please!!

I went to the Chiropodist today, and I do NOT have plantar fasciitis!!! I have something that will heal a lot sooner - medial calcaneal nerve branch neuritis. (I actually shed a few tears of joy as I left his office!) Heat, massage, topical pain treatments, and some new inserts (expensive, but not custom) is what he prescribed. He even said I could start running. He called it active recovery. I will probably give the inserts and his prescribed treatments a few days to start working before I give running a try, but I would like to be a part of this Big Butt Running Club, fingers crossed, come next week.

Who else is doing a C25K type running program or who would like to start and use this thread to post updates and inspire and motivate each other? So far, there is @pkg1998, @cmhubbard92, @Coral333, and @swauters. @Nicoletime4me, sometimes you do C25K. Are you interested in upping your running game?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tracked under n over 12k steps

@ForLangston, nice stepping!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Week 4 weigh in:
    PW: 221.4
    CW: 222.3

@heaz10, it's just past Easter and it's less than a pound. It'll be gone in no time, especially with you jumping right back into the Mini Challenge like you have.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    April 22
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)

April 23
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( AM- 2 mile walk w/ Leslie Sansone
    PM- 25 min walk on treadmill)

@ HASWLRS- thanks, but I’ll pass. I will continue to do the mini challenge.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - about 3 hours working in the yard
    Steps as of posting: 18,928
  • swauters
    Options
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge

I get horrible shin splints in spring after running on the treadmill all winter and switching to outdoors. Stretching really helps but I have found that calf compression sleeves are invaluable at preventing them, or at least making them much less bad.
  • swauters
    Options
    Mini challenge
    April 23
    Tracked-yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
    No running today. My shins need a rest. Weights it was.
    @HASWLRS -love the idea of a running club and am glad your injury was not as bad as you were thinking.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge

Me, too, please!!

I went to the Chiropodist today, and I do NOT have plantar fasciitis!!! I have something that will heal a lot sooner - medial calcaneal nerve branch neuritis. (I actually shed a few tears of joy as I left his office!) Heat, massage, topical pain treatments, and some new inserts (expensive, but not custom) is what he prescribed. He even said I could start running. He called it active recovery. I will probably give the inserts and his prescribed treatments a few days to start working before I give running a try, but I would like to be a part of this Big Butt Running Club, fingers crossed, come next week.

Who else is doing a C25K type running program or who would like to start and use this thread to post updates and inspire and motivate each other? So far, there is @pkg1998, @cmhubbard92, @Coral333, and @swauters. @Nicoletime4me, sometimes you do C25K. Are you interested in upping your running game?

Me me me!! Pick me please!!
This discussion has been closed.