Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    4/22/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 45 minutes elliptical, 30+ minutes walking

Today was pretty good. Pouring rain prevented me from doing day 2 of c25k, so I walked around my house for a while! It may have been a good thing, though. My stomach has been playing games with me tonight... don't really understand it. Going to try and go to sleep within the next 45 minutes and hope I feel better by the morning!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options

MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, April 22, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 2 hours working in the yard. Back is a bit sore from it but still improving overall.
    Steps as of posting: 18,482
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@HASWLRS.
    @pkg1998.
    @bbmich23.
    @Jl20alon2564.
    @Kwinnero.
    @brandi_84.
    @crab5005.
    @heaz10.
    @Lozenger1984.
    @cmhubbard92.
    @drea2011.
    @eatingfoodles.
    @24blfn.
    @Prehistoricmoongoddess.
    @cossmoss15.
    @karrihowlett.
    @mickey10111.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @abowersgirl.
    @bethann51774.
    @Bradleys8299.
    @Coral333.
    @erikNJ.
    @ForLangston.
    @Grandmajackie.
    @jlbtnc.
    @mikea2g.
    @murdog3t.
    @nordiera.
    @swauters.
    @thedestar.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @kc9agz.

This is the last week of the April Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the May Challenge.

The May challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10739849/team-the-big-butt-theory-may#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Apr Wk 4

Friday 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, rugby day with lots of gin
    Exercise - yes, lots and lots of dancing and walking :D
    Fit bit steps - 19,128

Sat 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no as meal out to recover from Friday's antics
    Exercise - nah very little pottering about
    fit bit steps - 7.729

Sun 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes nice little 13.5hr walk in the sunshine
    fit bit steps - 10.033

Mon 22nd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 30 mins gym and all day walking round the seaside and fun fair
    fit bit steps - 13,075

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    April 22
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes

3 non scale victories
    MY c25k training was stalling out and not working for me so I started a new 6 wk training plan. Running a 5k has become a personal challenge.
    Nsv #1- I was able to comfortably start on week 3 of the plan, skipping right past the first 2 weeks.

Nsv #2- I didn't want to do any exercise tonight but felt guilty, so I put on shoes and started to run.... in the rain... in 40°f AND

Nsv #3- I ran my best pace ever!

@swauters, I think we are seeing the birth of a runner right before our very eyes!! I used to love running in 40 degree weather (5 Celsius up here); so much better than running when it is hot! I am so happy for you, Sara!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Apr Wk 4

Friday 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, rugby day with lots of gin
    Exercise - yes, lots and lots of dancing and walking :D
    Fit bit steps - 19,128

Sat 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no as meal out to recover from Friday's antics
    Exercise - nah very little pottering about
    fit bit steps - 7.729

Sun 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes nice little 13.5hr walk in the sunshine
    fit bit steps - 10.033

Mon 22nd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 30 mins gym and all day walking round the seaside and fun fair
    fit bit steps - 13,075

@Tracie_Lord, sounds like a fun weekend, with some activity, too,....but then you got right back to the gym when Monday rolled around!! That is why you have been so successful!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Tuesday
    Original SW (11/26/2018): 246.0
    February (Month 1) SW: 235.5
    March (Month 2) SW: 224.2

March SW:  221.2
    Week 1:  218.9 (-2.3)
    Week 2:  219.9 (+1.0)
    Week 3: 221.5 (+1.6)
    Week 4: 219.1 (-2.4)

Total Loss for March: 2.1
    Total Loss Overall: 26.9

Not a huge loss this month, but am still happy to be less than my March final weigh in/starting loss.

@cmhubbard92, It's early in the morning, so you are forgiven, but we are finishing up April, not March! (I know it hardly seems possible, but May is right around the corner!!) Well done on getting rid of your little Arizona up and then some!! Almost a 27 pound total loss so far; very happy for you that your hard work is paying off!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE:
    Monday, 4/22/19:

Exercise: Yes, treadmill at the gym in the morning and walking the dog after work (enjoying the beautiful weather).

Sunday: No
    Monday: Yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Message to all Team Members:

This is the last week of the April Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the May Challenge.

The May challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10739849/team-the-big-butt-theory-may#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

]

The May thread is up and running. At your earliest convenience, pop over there and post an introduction if you plan on continuing with us. If you don't, please let me know!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Weigh-in day: Tuesday
    Original SW (11/26/2018): 246.0
    February (Month 1) SW: 235.5
    March (Month 2) SW: 224.2

March SW:  221.2
    Week 1:  218.9 (-2.3)
    Week 2:  219.9 (+1.0)
    Week 3: 221.5 (+1.6)
    Week 4: 219.1 (-2.4)

Total Loss for March: 2.1
    Total Loss Overall: 26.9

Not a huge loss this month, but am still happy to be less than my March final weigh in/starting loss.

@cmhubbard92, It's early in the morning, so you are forgiven, but we are finishing up April, not March! (I know it hardly seems possible, but May is right around the corner!!) Well done on getting rid of your little Arizona up and then some!! Almost a 27 pound total loss so far; very happy for you that your hard work is paying off!

Thank you, I just fixed it! I was copying my post for last month... forgot to change this month's name! And thank you, I am excited to just keep pushing forward! I know a lot of us have months of slow losses, but any loss at all is a positive, to me! Thank you for always being so supportive @HASWLRS !!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE:
    Monday, 4/22/19:

Exercise: Yes, treadmill at the gym in the morning and walking the dog after work (enjoying the beautiful weather).

Sunday: No
    Monday: Yes

@pkg1998, sounds wonderful, Pam!!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 4/23 - Weigh-in

PW: 221.4
    CW: 225 :(

So you guys probably already figured out I’m a yo-yo dieter. Every week that I lose weight I follow-up the following week with either a maintain or a big gain. I’m really trying to get a handle on it, but I’m still struggling with trying to figure out how to be consistent with my mindset. Monday and Tuesday are great, but then I start to go downhill the rest of the week with a lot of excuses. Wish me luck this week that I make it passed Tuesday :smiley:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday, 4/23 - Weigh-in

PW: 221.4
    CW: 225 :(

So you guys probably already figured out I’m a yo-yo dieter. Every week that I lose weight I follow-up the following week with either a maintain or a big gain. I’m really trying to get a handle on it, but I’m still struggling with trying to figure out how to be consistent with my mindset. Monday and Tuesday are great, but then I start to go downhill the rest of the week with a lot of excuses. Wish me luck this week that I make it passed Tuesday :smiley:

@pkg1998, tomorrow's not Wednesday, Pam, it's Monday. Tomorrow is always going to be Monday from now on as far as you are concerned!
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 22 Mini challenge

Tracked - Yes
    Under - Yes
    Exercise - 60 minutes Orange Theory, 1.5 hours walking
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Last week: 241.8
    This week: 242.5- TOM bloat...I’ll be back to normal next week!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The Easter holiday may be to blame, but I am missing some weigh-ins already.

Sunday: @bbmich23 and @Kwinnero

Monday: @heaz10 and @crab5005

WEIGH-IN
    Week: Week 4
    Sunday, April 21st
    Previous week's weight: 161.3lbs
    Current week's weight: 161.8lbs

Ok, now for my mental weigh in:
    I have been off our chatroom for too long so Im back to routine starting today. I really appreciate the team environment here and Lisa is a great advocate for everyone so I thank you for that! My little lesson I learned over Easter weekend was that I'm terrible at making food decisions without placing limits down, I lack the discipline. One day I'll understand why I can't stop when I'm full, but for now I'll go back to the keto food list and stick with what I know works for me. Starting now..

Mini Challenge
    April Pass Days
    Date: Sat, Sun, Mon:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, no, no
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No×3
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No×3
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!
This discussion has been closed.