TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options
1323335373840

Replies

  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    4/23
    Exercised: yes p90x3 eccentric upper
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Water; 7 glasses
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

    Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

    I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

    I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

    That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

    I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!

    This group support just gets better! ☺️ A mini run club online is just what I need since I run on my own in real life.
    Great news on the sunny skies @cmhubbard92 . I headed out tonight too but got some pretty bad shin splints so stopped at 3km and headed home. Had a good stretch out so hoping tomorrow I'll be back on it!

    Me, too, please!!

    I went to the Chiropodist today, and I do NOT have plantar fasciitis!!! I have something that will heal a lot sooner - medial calcaneal nerve branch neuritis. (I actually shed a few tears of joy as I left his office!) Heat, massage, topical pain treatments, and some new inserts (expensive, but not custom) is what he prescribed. He even said I could start running. He called it active recovery. I will probably give the inserts and his prescribed treatments a few days to start working before I give running a try, but I would like to be a part of this Big Butt Running Club, fingers crossed, come next week.

    Who else is doing a C25K type running program or who would like to start and use this thread to post updates and inspire and motivate each other? So far, there is @pkg1998, @cmhubbard92, @Coral333, and @swauters. @Nicoletime4me, sometimes you do C25K. Are you interested in upping your running game?

    That's brilliant news @HASWLRS 🎉 So pleased for you as I know plantar fascitis can take an incredibly long time to correct (if it ever does) so no wonder you shed a tear or two!

    Thanks @swauters and @cmhubbard92 They eased off quite quickly after I got home and stretched out. I think last night it was my outdoor route, I spent a bit more time on the pavement than on the trail. Mentally feeling really good though!

    Have a great day everyone.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday

    Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 149.00
    Goal weight: 126.0

    Last week 150.0
    This week 149.0

    I'm so pleased with this

  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE:
    Tuesday, 4/23/19:

    Logged: No
    Under: ??
    Exercise: Yes, treadmill at the gym in the morning.

    Sunday: No
    Monday: Yes
    Tuesday: No

    Tuesday weigh-in day is always no tracking just to give myself a break, but back on track this morning with plans to keep on going through the week and not quit.

    Excited about the support and motivation for TBBT Running Group. C25K W1D2 completed this morning :smile:
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

    Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

    I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

    I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

    That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

    I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!

    This group support just gets better! ☺️ A mini run club online is just what I need since I run on my own in real life.
    Great news on the sunny skies @cmhubbard92 . I headed out tonight too but got some pretty bad shin splints so stopped at 3km and headed home. Had a good stretch out so hoping tomorrow I'll be back on it!

    Me, too, please!!

    I went to the Chiropodist today, and I do NOT have plantar fasciitis!!! I have something that will heal a lot sooner - medial calcaneal nerve branch neuritis. (I actually shed a few tears of joy as I left his office!) Heat, massage, topical pain treatments, and some new inserts (expensive, but not custom) is what he prescribed. He even said I could start running. He called it active recovery. I will probably give the inserts and his prescribed treatments a few days to start working before I give running a try, but I would like to be a part of this Big Butt Running Club, fingers crossed, come next week.

    Who else is doing a C25K type running program or who would like to start and use this thread to post updates and inspire and motivate each other? So far, there is @pkg1998, @cmhubbard92, @Coral333, and @swauters. @Nicoletime4me, sometimes you do C25K. Are you interested in upping your running game?

    I am so excited to hear you don't have PF!!! Take the time you need to heal, then start running with us!!! I'm so excited that so many of us are doing this!

    Also, if anyone has a Fitbit and would like to friend me, my link is https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K
    I know I already have a few of you on there!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Easter was a disaster eating wise. Terrible but I am back at it.

    Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    4/22
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    workout: yes

    Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes

    @erikNJ, looks like you found some motivation tonight!!

    If i’m being completely honest, it was a 7 hour work project and I had no choice but to do it
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 23 Mini challenge

    Tracked - Yes
    Under - Yes
    Exercise - 60 minutes Orange Theory, 45 minutes walking
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    4/22
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    workout: yes

    Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes

    @erikNJ, looks like you found some motivation tonight!!

    If i’m being completely honest, it was a 7 hour work project and I had no choice but to do it

    @erikNJ, so, you were still motivated....you were motivated to keep your job!!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Apr Wk 4

    Friday 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, rugby day with lots of gin
    Exercise - yes, lots and lots of dancing and walking :D
    Fit bit steps - 19,128

    Sat 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no as meal out to recover from Friday's antics
    Exercise - nah very little pottering about
    fit bit steps - 7.729

    Sun 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes nice little 13.5hr walk in the sunshine
    fit bit steps - 10.033

    Mon 22nd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 30 mins gym and all day walking round the seaside and fun fair
    fit bit steps - 13,075

    Tues 23rd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, so bad with sandwiches for lunch and crisp and chocolate at night, 1st day back to work blues
    Exercise - barely moved from my office desk all day
    fit bit steps - a very pathetic 3,399
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    April 23
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    60 min walk
    20 min strength training
    Steps: 13069
    Water: 88

    Happy hump day 🐪 🐫
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    4/21/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes c25k(week 1, day 1) and 30 minutes walking

    Was very excited to complete day 1 of C25k today. I used to run a lot during high school, and off and on after graduating. I really want to get back to it, so I started today! Much easier than the first time I tried c25k a few years ago!

    I did eat mostly junk today, but managed to stay under. Tomorrow is a new day and am looking forward to being 100% planned out. My GOT challenge started up again today, so I will be making sure to get strength and flex in more(I've been slacking!)

    I decided to start C25K again this morning (started it many times before). I don’t really “run”, but seems like moving a little faster than my normal walk makes me feel better and gives me more energy through the day. Hoping I can keep it up this time and maybe even get to week 8 :smile:

    That's brilliant @pkg1998 - I'm much the same with my "running". Trying to jog/walk in C25k fashion!
    I'll keep an eye out for your run updates and hope it'll spur me on to keep going here too ☺️

    I started c25k Sunday! I did pretty well(I'm factoring in that I have been working out for the past 5 month. I think that's why it went pretty well for me). We have sunny skies today, so I am hoping that I will be able to do day 2 tonight after work! I hope we all can stick with it!

    This group support just gets better! ☺️ A mini run club online is just what I need since I run on my own in real life.
    Great news on the sunny skies @cmhubbard92 . I headed out tonight too but got some pretty bad shin splints so stopped at 3km and headed home. Had a good stretch out so hoping tomorrow I'll be back on it!

    Me, too, please!!

    I went to the Chiropodist today, and I do NOT have plantar fasciitis!!! I have something that will heal a lot sooner - medial calcaneal nerve branch neuritis. (I actually shed a few tears of joy as I left his office!) Heat, massage, topical pain treatments, and some new inserts (expensive, but not custom) is what he prescribed. He even said I could start running. He called it active recovery. I will probably give the inserts and his prescribed treatments a few days to start working before I give running a try, but I would like to be a part of this Big Butt Running Club, fingers crossed, come next week.

    Who else is doing a C25K type running program or who would like to start and use this thread to post updates and inspire and motivate each other? So far, there is @pkg1998, @cmhubbard92, @Coral333, and @swauters. @Nicoletime4me, sometimes you do C25K. Are you interested in upping your running game?

    Me me me!! Pick me please!!

    @Kwinnero, have you been doing a C25K program, or are you interested in starting one?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday

    Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 149.00
    Goal weight: 126.0

    Last week 150.0
    This week 149.0

    I'm so pleased with this

    @prehistoricmoongoddess, you should be!! A pound every week will get you to your goal before year's end. And when the second number starts with a "4", it sounds so much better than a "5"!!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Easter was a disaster eating wise. Terrible but I am back at it.

    Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes

    @abowersgirl, I hope at least it was delicious and worth it!! But "back at it" is all we need to hear!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Apr Wk 4

    Friday 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, rugby day with lots of gin
    Exercise - yes, lots and lots of dancing and walking :D
    Fit bit steps - 19,128

    Sat 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no as meal out to recover from Friday's antics
    Exercise - nah very little pottering about
    fit bit steps - 7.729

    Sun 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes nice little 13.5hr walk in the sunshine
    fit bit steps - 10.033

    Mon 22nd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 30 mins gym and all day walking round the seaside and fun fair
    fit bit steps - 13,075

    Tues 23rd
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no, so bad with sandwiches for lunch and crisp and chocolate at night, 1st day back to work blues
    Exercise - barely moved from my office desk all day
    fit bit steps - a very pathetic 3,399

    @Tracie_Lord, so your first day back to work was a bit of a culture shock for you. Hopefully today is going better for you.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    April 23
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    60 min walk
    20 min strength training
    Steps: 13069
    Water: 88

    Happy hump day 🐪 🐫

    @murdog3t, nice looking day of exercise, Tami!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Weigh in Wednesday

    Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 149.00
    Goal weight: 126.0

    Last week 150.0
    This week 149.0

    I'm so pleased with this

    @prehistoricmoongoddess, you should be!! A pound every week will get you to your goal before year's end. And when the second number starts with a "4", it sounds so much better than a "5"!!!

    I'm just a pound away from my halfway point. I spent a long time thinking I couldn't lose weight at my age, and then, thanks to MFP, I realised that I could.

    I've got photos comparing what I looked like a year ago, to what I look like now, and the difference is amazing.

    Your support has been invaluable.

  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I don't remember exactly what last week was, but Easter got me. My scale taunted me with a 158.8 this morning :|
    On the bright side, I did get into the program I interviewed for! Pretty excited about that one. I've also already passed my exercise goal for the day and I'm being productive. It's a good day!

    Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    So I don't remember exactly what last week was, but Easter got me. My scale taunted me with a 158.8 this morning :|
    On the bright side, I did get into the program I interviewed for! Pretty excited about that one. I've also already passed my exercise goal for the day and I'm being productive. It's a good day!

    Hope everyone is having a good week!

    @eatingfoodles, you are only up one pound, and it is just a few days past Easter. Give yourself this next week to work on it, and it will be gone.

    Congratulations on getting into the program you interviewed for!! Nothing like working towards something and achieving it!! If you are ever feeling chatty, we'd love to hear more about it.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 4 – 4/24 – April Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – 41 minutes of walking and 7 minutes stair climbing
This discussion has been closed.