TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hello team.
    My name is Vicky. I’ve been with the team since Jan 1 of this year. This is a great group.
    A little info about me, I’m married with 2 teenage boys. I’ve been boderline high cholesterol for 8 or so years now. Been told by dr many times that I will have to go on meds but I do exercise fairly consistently and my good cholesterol has always been really good so so far I haven’t been put on the meds yet.
    Goals for April are to stay on track. Lose 5 pounds. Exercise 5-6 x week. And add in some weight lifting or weight bearing exercises at least 1x week.
    Here’s to a fantastic April for all new and returning team mates.

@vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky!! Great goals for April! You got this!!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Sat 3/30
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi @rosina89 ! I am also a teacher (Grade 3/4/5/6 multi-age split in a rural school). I did the keto diet for one year and lost 110 lbs!

After taking almost a year off of logging and keto (and a few pounds gained, a few false restarts, etc) I am finally back on the wagon. I've got about 55lbs til goal and have started including fitness and exercise into my plan.

Feel free to friend me, I know teacher life and I know keto life!! It's nice to have like-minded friends.
  • rosina89
    rosina89 Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Username: rosina89
    Week: April Week 1
    PW =93.3kg
    CW=91.8kg
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm a reoccurring member with the BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, now 32 yo wife (birthday in March), mom of two young boys, and strength training is my exercise of choice with a recent love for sprinting (a quick and great fat burning exercise 🏃‍♀️). My goals are:

-Workout at least 3 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 60 oz of water 💧
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.
    - Hit my April GW! 💪

Happy April and Spring everyone! 🌺🌻🌼🌸🌷🌞

CW: 131.4 lbs.
    GW for April: 126 lbs.
    Challenge goal of pound loss: 5.4 lbs.
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.
    Overall goal pound loss from CW to GW: 16.4 lbs.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi Team Slimsons,

I'm Mary from NYC. I've been with Team Slimsons since September. I've had really strong months and months where I was struggling to keep in the game. I'm back in the game! I've met some truly wonderful, inspirational individuals focused on health and fitness. About me - I travel often, I work in the arts. I am married and have a big fluffy cat. I can't wait for warmer weather to do more outdoorsy things. My goal in April is to complete two spin classes a week and a minimum of 2/3 weight training classes per week as well. My goal is to banish 5-8 lbs this month. I weigh 142 lbs and my goal is 125. Ive lost about 40ish lbs so far. I'll be going to Asia & the South Pacific in June and I want to wear an awesome bathing suit! :)

Hi Mary

Have you done spin classes before? I’ve booked my very first spin class for Monday and I’m a bit nervous but looking forward to it. I’d like to tone up my thighs and bottom. Do you think a spin class would help me achieve that?

Thanks
    Avryl

Hi Avryl! @o0kody0o I am a SoulCycle devotee/junkie. I've been going for a few years now, a few times a week. In my experience - spin is awesome for thighs and bottom! The first class may seem like torture - but if you have a great instructor and cool music - it will be a lot of fun! Once you get the positions down and how to set up the bike, it will get easier. Once you are used to it - you can start adding resistance to the bike for more muscle work. Cant wait to hear about it!! my next class is on Wednesday! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    zcjhdlvj5co1.pngh3tbgjdik7fp.png
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hi Team Slimsons,

I'm Mary from NYC. I've been with Team Slimsons since September. I've had really strong months and months where I was struggling to keep in the game. I'm back in the game! I've met some truly wonderful, inspirational individuals focused on health and fitness. About me - I travel often, I work in the arts. I am married and have a big fluffy cat. I can't wait for warmer weather to do more outdoorsy things. My goal in April is to complete two spin classes a week and a minimum of 2/3 weight training classes per week as well. My goal is to banish 5-8 lbs this month. I weigh 142 lbs and my goal is 125. Ive lost about 40ish lbs so far. I'll be going to Asia & the South Pacific in June and I want to wear an awesome bathing suit! :)

Hi Mary

Have you done spin classes before? I’ve booked my very first spin class for Monday and I’m a bit nervous but looking forward to it. I’d like to tone up my thighs and bottom. Do you think a spin class would help me achieve that?

Thanks
    Avryl

Hi Avryl! @o0kody0o I am a SoulCycle devotee/junkie. I've been going for a few years now, a few times a week. In my experience - spin is awesome for thighs and bottom! The first class may seem like torture - but if you have a great instructor and cool music - it will be a lot of fun! Once you get the positions down and how to set up the bike, it will get easier. Once you are used to it - you can start adding resistance to the bike for more muscle work. Cant wait to hear about it!! my next class is on Wednesday! :)

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply 😊 I can’t wait to try the class out. I just wanted to add in some exercise but I didn’t fancy going to the gym, so a spin class where we are all there doing the same thing sounded ideal. I’ll post about it on my timeline and I’ll look out for yours too, now that we’re friends on MFP. Thanks again 😁

Avryl

• vicky2767
    Options
    rosina89 wrote: »
    PW =93.3kg
    CW=91.8kg

Nice loss!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday Team!!

Welcome to April! Hope everyone is out there starting strong, I'm playing a bit of catch up, had my niece last night and she is going through this rebellious stage at the age of 4, so we had a bit of a rough morning that started at 3am. Trying to get her room cleaned up and all the dishes done and still finish up my workouts from this week, have to go to the gym for the equipment I don't have and was going to do that yesterday but ran out of time. I am super tired though, still thinking about a nap before I go to the gym...and I have to squeeze in some meal prep today...but I sort of don't want to do anything....after the night/morning I've had. Really have to go get started, but it's hard. I'm trying desperately to find the energy.

3am? I would need a nap too.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    zcjhdlvj5co1.pngh3tbgjdik7fp.png

This is great. Thanks for sharing
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm a reoccurring member with the BLC. I'm a 5 ft even, now 32 yo wife (birthday in March), mom of two young boys, and strength training is my exercise of choice with a recent love for sprinting (a quick and great fat burning exercise 🏃‍♀️). My goals are:

-Workout at least 3 times per week
    -Track all food daily
    -Drink at least 60 oz of water 💧
    - Write down a positive thought or encouraging quote every morning to start the day off on a good note.
    - Hit my April GW! 💪

Happy April and Spring everyone! 🌺🌻🌼🌸🌷🌞

CW: 131.4 lbs.
    GW for April: 126 lbs.
    Challenge goal of pound loss: 5.4 lbs.
    Overall GW: 115 lbs.
    Overall goal pound loss from CW to GW: 16.4 lbs.

I like your goal to write down a positive thought or encouraging note.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Happy Sunday Team!!

Welcome to April! Hope everyone is out there starting strong, I'm playing a bit of catch up, had my niece last night and she is going through this rebellious stage at the age of 4, so we had a bit of a rough morning that started at 3am. Trying to get her room cleaned up and all the dishes done and still finish up my workouts from this week, have to go to the gym for the equipment I don't have and was going to do that yesterday but ran out of time. I am super tired though, still thinking about a nap before I go to the gym...and I have to squeeze in some meal prep today...but I sort of don't want to do anything....after the night/morning I've had. Really have to go get started, but it's hard. I'm trying desperately to find the energy.

@AB0215 Hey there

Just have a nap and take today one bit at a time. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. You’ll get there just fine, we all have good days and bad days 😊 Take care!

Avryl

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Team!!

Oh the crazy "4's"--- 😆 My oldest son went from the "tender two's", the "Sweetieeees Threes" to the all memorable "THIS IS WAR-FOURS" 😂 --the good news is it only lasted for a bit--by kindergarten he was a model 'lil sweetie-pie student with great manners---no joke✌️😇

Get some rest and recover today Ash, be good to yourself, you deserve it!🤗
  • AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Oh the crazy "4's"--- 😆 My oldest son went from the "tender two's", the "Sweetieeees Threes" to the all memorable "THIS IS WAR-FOURS" 😂 --the good news is it only lasted for a bit--by kindergarten he was a model 'lil sweetie-pie student with great manners---no joke✌️😇

Get some rest and recover today Ash, be good to yourself, you deserve it!🤗

@SLIMn2016 She skipped the terrible 2s and she was good at 3, not sure I'm digging this rebellious stage she's in, but she has her moments still where she's super cute and hilarious, but today has been a struggle. I refuse to yell at her because I don't feel like that helps anything (not sure my sister shares this idea) but I'll be damned if I didn't get close to losing my temper today, sleep deprived me has been a struggle to get around, but I did it.
    And that's exactly how I'd describe it, "This is war, fours" lol. And she is still hilarious and cute, but she has this switch when she does't get her way that reminds me of her mother when we were growing up. And this morning's episode arose when she wasn't allowed to touch my husband's tattoo (because it's still an open wound at this point) and she's basically a germ factory....and she went bat crap crazy....and all I could think about it all the times my sister did that and all the times my dad told her he was going to help her cry.....and as an adult, I realize how funny it all was...and must have been at times for my parents....
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Cindy, I'm 56 and April will be my 6th month with the challenge. My Dad currently lives with me and I take care of him and his 4 cats (as well as my own 4 cats). I decided to lose weight and get healthy because I was absolutely miserable. I'm only 5' 2" and was 273 lbs on October 8th, 2018. As of this morning I am down to 211.6. My main goal for March was to get safely out of the morbidly obese range (BMI of 40) and I achieved that goal. My BMI is now 38.7.

Goals for April:
    1. Step goal per day: 11,000
    2. Continue to add a few small exercises like squats, lifting weight weight with dumbbells, maybe find a beginning core exercise
    3. Lose 8 lbs
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Cindy, I'm 56 and April will be my 6th month with the challenge. My Dad currently lives with me and I take care of him and his 4 cats (as well as my own 4 cats). I decided to lose weight and get healthy because I was absolutely miserable. I'm only 5' 2" and was 273 lbs on October 8th, 2018. As of this morning I am down to 211.6. My main goal for March was to get safely out of the morbidly obese range (BMI of 40) and I achieved that goal. My BMI is now 38.7.

Goals for April:
    2. Continue to add a few small exercises like squats, lifting weight weight with dumbbells, maybe find a beginning core exercise
    3. Lose 8 lbs

@CindyJNC1963 Welcome back Cindy!! You've been doing an amazing job! Keep up the great work!!

You take care of your Dad's and your cats--does that mean that there are 8 cats under your roof? Because I have 2 cats and I just can't imagine having more than 2! Wow!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

Goals for April:
    3. Lose 8 lbs

@CindyJNC1963 Welcome back Cindy!! You've been doing an amazing job! Keep up the great work!!

You take care of your Dad's and your cats--does that mean that there are 8 cats under your roof? Because I have 2 cats and I just can't imagine having more than 2! Wow!

Yep, 8 total cats. We kind of joke about how my cats are the aristocats.......and his are these wild rogues. They bully my little wimps .....but only one of them is really bad about it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    rosina89 wrote: »
    PW =93.3kg
    CW=91.8kg

@rosina89 Awesome job!!
This discussion has been closed.