MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - April 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    @ka97 and @Kres567 since there's only one spot left and the challenge runs for 2 weeks, do you both want to split it and each do one week?

That sounds good. @ka97 - since I might be traveling this week. Do you want to bat this week and I will bat next week?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week 2
    Username - bethanie0825
    Weigh in Day Tuesday
    Previous Weight - 242.4
    Current Weight - 241.6
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Steps Monday 4/8 = 18224
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I really don't know much about baseball and reading about the scoring hurt my head. If you tell me what to do I will do it. Otherwise, I will cheer you on from the sidelines *Doing the wave!* B)

@TeresaW1020 the description makes it sound more complicated.

Basically if each player on the team does a minimum of 7,500 steps or 30 min of exercise each day they will get on base. The more you do the further you get.

The players who come behind you push you forward so as long as you get on base you're helping your team.

So this is who we have so far (unless I missed someone)

@Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020
    @Jactop

We need one more player to complete our team

OK! I can do that! Do, I just post my steps on this thread like usual or do I need to go somewhere else?

I think Greg said to post here in our team threads and then the captains will update the spreadsheet on behalf of their teams.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options

I really don't know much about baseball and reading about the scoring hurt my head. If you tell me what to do I will do it. Otherwise, I will cheer you on from the sidelines *Doing the wave!* B)

@TeresaW1020 the description makes it sound more complicated.

Basically if each player on the team does a minimum of 7,500 steps or 30 min of exercise each day they will get on base. The more you do the further you get.

The players who come behind you push you forward so as long as you get on base you're helping your team.

So this is who we have so far (unless I missed someone)

@Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020
    @Jactop

We need one more player to complete our team

OK! I can do that! Do, I just post my steps on this thread like usual or do I need to go somewhere else?

I think Greg said to post here in our team threads and then the captains will update the spreadsheet on behalf of their teams.

Re: Baseball Challenge
    If all the players post their steps and exercise minutes in their daily check ins I can gather the info from there and figure out our score for the captains to post.

So here's our team:
    @Ka97 (week 1)
    @Kres567 (week 2)
    @Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020
    @Jactop

• grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily check-ins
    Calories: under
    Water: under by 1 cup
    Exercise: Yes Walked for 18 min.

Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:
    Walk for 20 min and drink water
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    @Jactop do you know if today is the first day of the challenge? Thanks for taking the lead on this. I would never be able to do the scoring 😂
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 212.8
    Todays Weight: 212.2

Steps for 4/8-7717

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    in0rmdyu3iod.jpg

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

Fat2Fit Buddy Program
    Thank you all for your patience!

@Beka3695 and I just paired up ALMOST everyone. We had an odd number and are waiting for an answer from someone to pair up the last person. Here is what we have so far. Please contact your buddy and exchange email, phone, however you want to stay in touch, and "friend" each other so you can share your food and exercise diary wherever you keep it. Set up check-in times, and go for it! Keep each other going and have a blast. If you have a problem with your buddy (time zone or other issue), just let me or @Beka3695 know by message and we'll see what we can do. Enjoy!

@Beka3695 + @steplaj
    @Navydaddjtc + @ChrysalisCove
    @LaurieWrobo + @sue_01
    @19shmoo69 + @Rosetigger
    @cre804 + @pacsnc6
    @lindamtuck2018 + @jactop
    @boehle + @martinesther88
    @SLIMn2016 + @BMcC9
    @Angielove88 + @BabsVest1769
    @melissafeagins + @patti705
    @JessicaKrall8 + @Lukdbestucan16
    @Kittu125 + @Megnolia82
    @runarmi + @ssummerlin80
    @FitGirlLife72 + @Carlsoda

Don't forget to check your MFP inbox! And if you still want in, please sign up on the Announcement page - we'll do the final match ups Wednesday morning.
  • Jactop
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Jactop do you know if today is the first day of the challenge? Thanks for taking the lead on this. I would never be able to do the scoring 😂

Yikes. Looks we started already. The challenge runs Sun-7 until Sat-20 (Easter weekend)

@Ka97 (week 1)
    @Kres567 (week 2)
    @Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020

If you havent already, post your steps and exercise starting Sun Apr 7th and we can get started.

The rules changed since the original post so now both exercise minutes and steps count. Also post if you have a rest day planned so we can get it approved.

• Fitgirllife72
    Options
    @Jactop

Ok here is my catchup info for baseball for Sunday and Monday:

Sunday 4/7
    Exercise minutes: 106
    Steps: 18794

Monday 4/8
    Exercise Minutes: 95
    Steps: 18224
  • Jactop
    Options
    @Jactop

Ok here is my catchup info for baseball for Sunday and Monday:

Sunday 4/7
    Exercise minutes: 106
    Steps: 18794

Monday 4/8
    Exercise Minutes: 95
    Steps: 18224

Whohoo 4 triples. Nice!!!! You're definitely MVP material
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I

Yikes. Looks we started already. The challenge runs Sun-7 until Sat-20 (Easter weekend)

@Ka97 (week 1)
    @Kres567 (week 2)
    @Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020

If you havent already, post your steps and exercise starting Sun Apr 7th and we can get started.

The rules changed since the original post so now both exercise minutes and steps count. Also post if you have a rest day planned so we can get it approved.

I don’t regularly track steps, just exercise - my goals are based on mikes and estimated calories burned. So now I’m worried I might be more of a burden then help.

I’m actually off to workout now. Whatever you guys decide is best for the group is good with me, just let me know what to do.
  • ka97
    Options
    FWIW
    Sunday was 80 min - run + lift
    Monday was a planned rest day
    Today will be 90 min - just finished a run and have a lifting session with my trainer
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OK CAPTAINS
    THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION AMONG THE RANK AND FILE
    IF YOU EXERCISE ON THE TREADMILL FOR CARDIO OR EXERCISE THAT IS COUNTED AS AN EXERCISE
    NOW THOSE STEPS THAT YOU BUILT UP DURING THAT EXERCISE AND THE STEPS YOU GET FOR THE REST OF THE DAY COUNTS AS YOUR STEPS TOTAL IN THE STEP CATEGORY.... SO IT'S POSSIBLE IN ONE DAY THAT YOU COULD HIT 2 HOME RUNS OR GO FOR THE CYCLE

EXAMPLE:.....
    NAVYDADDJTC 12000 STEPS = DOUBLE
    NAVYDADDJTC THOSE 12000 STEPS AT ABOUT 60 MIN. = TRIPLE
    SO I SCORE 1 RUN AND IS STRANDED AT 2ND UNTIL TOMORROW

ANY QUESTION??
  • Jactop
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I

@Ka97 (week 1)
    @Kres567 (week 2)
    @Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020

I don’t regularly track steps, just exercise
    No worries. It all helps
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Exercise; 65 mins
    Steps; my Fitbit recorded only 2,697 as I left it at home 😞

Was a rest day today, will do better tomorrow
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    UTMom81
    Week 2
    Tuesday Weigh In
    Previous: 155
    Current: 153.6
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Early morning and then a longer evening walk + concerted effort to get in steps at work.
    Water: over (YAY!)
    Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. 10K + steps again.
    3. At least 80 oz. water
    4. Teresa has inspired me to try Intermittent Fasting, so I did the first day today! Keep it going tomorrow. :smiley:
    5. Do another check in tomorrow night.
  • ka97
    Options
    OK CAPTAINS
    THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION AMONG THE RANK AND FILE
    IF YOU EXERCISE ON THE TREADMILL FOR CARDIO OR EXERCISE THAT IS COUNTED AS AN EXERCISE
    NOW THOSE STEPS THAT YOU BUILT UP DURING THAT EXERCISE AND THE STEPS YOU GET FOR THE REST OF THE DAY COUNTS AS YOUR STEPS TOTAL IN THE STEP CATEGORY.... SO IT'S POSSIBLE IN ONE DAY THAT YOU COULD HIT 2 HOME RUNS OR GO FOR THE CYCLE

EXAMPLE:.....
    NAVYDADDJTC 12000 STEPS = DOUBLE
    NAVYDADDJTC THOSE 12000 STEPS AT ABOUT 60 MIN. = TRIPLE
    SO I SCORE 1 RUN AND IS STRANDED AT 2ND UNTIL TOMORROW

ANY QUESTION??

So running X miles counts both for steps and exercise? Can we use the standard estimate of 2500 steps per mile?
This discussion has been closed.