@hope002 105 minutes and 13407 steps - triple and double
    @carlsoda 10502 steps - double
    @Julie8468 60 minutes and 16095 steps - Triple and triple
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    55zbpmxne15k.jpg

Easter Weight Loss Tips

1. Bring healthy alternatives to holiday parties and events and challenge yourself to try new, healthier recipes.
    Remember that the holidays are not just about eating. Work on finding non-food related ways to celebrate the holidays.

2. Send guests home with the leftovers and get rid of anything else that’s really tempting (or make a plan for exactly when and how much you’ll have).

3. Write out plans for how you’ll handle holiday meals and events. If things don’t go according to plan, take time after to figure out why it happened and what you can do to stay on track the next time.

4. Don’t skip meals during the holidays to “save” calories. Doing so means you’ll likely go into holiday meals very hungry and also with the thought, “It’s okay to eat extra because I skipped lunch.” When dieters have that thought, they often eat way more calories than they would have if they had a healthy lunch and a reasonable dinner.

5. The holidays are a busy time for most people, but also a stressful time. When dieters get busy, they sometimes drop their stress-relieving activities (like exercise, meditation, talking to friends, etc.) and so they’re much more likely to turn to food to alleviate stress. This holiday season, make sure you have built-in stress relievers!

6. Portion control, portion control, portion control. Put forth the time and effort to really savor everything you’re eating and you’ll get so much more enjoyment from less food.

7. If you’re feeling deprived, remind yourself that it’s likely because you’re focusing on what you’re not getting – extra food, not on what you are getting – all the benefits of staying on track. If you feel deprived, change your focus.

8. Don’t stop weighing yourself, even if you’re afraid you’ve gained weight. Avoiding the scale will allow you to continue to avoid doing what you know you should do. Taking accountability will make it easier and more likely that you’ll be able to get back and stay on track.

Team Challenge:

What are your tips? How will you handle the holiday? Make a plan and share it with us.

Come on Team...... What is your plan? Dont go into this holiday without a solid plan. We need to share with one another. I need your help.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BASEBALL HAS BEEN THE MODS CHALLENGE FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS. PARTICIPATION ON THE TEAMS PLAYING HAS BEEN GREAT.

CAPTAINS AND TEAM MEMBERS! DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR THE REMAINING 2 WEEKS OF THIS MONTH ON F2F? YOUR MODERATORS WANT TO KNOW!

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE (OR JOIN), THERE CAN BE SOME SIMPLE CHANGES:
    THE CAPTAIN OF THE BASEBALL TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR F2F TEAM. IF THERE ARE INTERESTED PLAYERS AND THEY ARE COMMITED ENOUGH TO TRACK THEIR EXERCISE, THAT CAN WORK. THERE IS ONLY ONE SIMPLE REPORT TO MAKE EVERY DAY – HOW MANY MINUTES AND/OR HOW MANY STEPS EACH PERSON HAS MADE THAT DAY. YOU DON’T EVEN NEED TO FIGURE OUT IF IT IS A DOUBLE, TRIPLE, OR WHATEVER, UNLESS YOU WANT TO. DAILY REPORTS GO ON THE MODERATOR’S CHALLENGE BASEBALL THREAD. MODERATORS WILL TAKE CARE OF FILLING OUT THE SCORE SHEET. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS THAT EVERY PLAYER HAS TO REPORT THEIR EXERCISE EVERY DAY. IT’S A GREAT TOOL FOR COMMITMENT.

SO LET US KNOW IF YOU AND YOUR TEAM WANT THIS CHALLENGE TO GO ON FOR 2 MORE WEEKS. IF NOT, WE’LL COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE! (FAIR WARNING)
    YOUR MOD SQUAD
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Struck out yesterday. Seriously just sat and cried.
    I'm struggling, big time. Nothing seems worth the effort anymore.

Chasing a toddler around today, so hopefully I'll get steps in. Meanwhile, I could use good vibes if you feel like sending them.

Send you hugs today. Try to find some joy chasing that toddler around!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - sorry you are still struggling. You've been though a lot lately with surgery and recovering at home. I bet just getting back to your old routine will help get you back on track. And it may take you a couple of weeks, but give yourself time. What you've been though does take a toll on you and not only physically but mentally.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Weekly WI
    3rd week April
    PW 146.6
    CW 147.2

I got me some inflammation going on from the dairy, but I'm finally starting to feel better and the bags under my eyes are getting less puffy.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Friday
    Week 3
    Cafelelia
    PW - 153.5
    CW - 152.4

Hi everyone and sorry that I had to go dark for a week. I had to do that to get through daily stuff and this rough patch with my son. I missed a weigh in last week, but kept logging and am resuming weigh ins. I kept up my physio and the hip and leg are doing really well. I have a running gait analysis on May 8th, so fingers crossed, I can return to running after that.

I have to catch up on a lot, but almost right above me, I see that @cyndiesstuff is returning to work. I hope that you are feeling better and still getting some rest this weekend. You are no fraud, my friend. Your honesty and clarity about what you are going through is amazing and you still find the energy to send support to the rest of us! I have nothing but admiration for you!

We are off to my mother’s house in Niagara-on-the-Lake for Easter weekend. She is an 80 year old dynamo, who insists on cooking a lot of the traditional Italian Easter foods. To try to get her to rest, we have booked a few restaurants through the weekend and I think that she is secretly delighted, although she would never admit it!

To those of you celebrating, Happy Easter!

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @GingerPwr I am so sorry you are struggling! You are not alone if that makes you feel any better. We all go through our ups & downs. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! Have faith! xo
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.4
    Today's weight: 138.4
    Steps: 44,905
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & TGIF!! I am working today, but it is beautiful out, sunny & 70's! Going to rain tonight into the weekend, so I am enjoying the nice weather while it lasts!

Last night was fun! The restaurant was good and not expensive. I did have 1 margarita, but it was small. I did however have chips & salsa & guac, which was good. I ordered the chicken enchiladas. We decided to walk to this ice cream place, I did get a small cup of peanut butter cup ice cream, I really enjoyed it! Of course the scale was up this morning, but it is what it is. I am back on track today. I am going to go to the gym after work. I am hoping to drop a pound or 2 by tomorrow as long as I stay on track for the rest of the day. These dinners with the girls just throw me off my game. Just have to reset and keep going!

@cyndiesstuff I feel you! I know exactly how you feel! We know what to do, but for some reason we just don't do it. I have food issues as well. I did not go through issues with my mom, but my family has to watch or we gain weight quickly. Since I was young I have always had to watch what I eat or be on a diet, and most of the time it did not work. I am struggling now as well. I am having a good week, but at any time it can turn around, you see how my weigh-ins fluctuate, it is so frustrating! Hang in there! Hopefully it will pass and you will feel in control again! xoxo

Have a great day & weekend! Happy Easter! :smiley:
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week 3 Friday April 19
    julie8468
    PW: 144.6?
    CW: 140.4

Had a great week, but to be honest, I was working, was in a hotel most of the week, no easy to access kitchen, no children or household chores to distract me. So just go to gym, work, evening events, no tv, just an iPad for fitness pal and catching up on news. I’m very certain that back to the normal routine will be more challenging..

What are your tips? Get out of house and go somewhere with no food. If at family members or friends, stay with kids (depends on age) and play with them while talking, hopefully another adult joins you, but if not sometimes I’m 100% ok because of who it is (every family is different some adults I try to avoid anyway). The worst is when we all stand in the kitchen overlooking the food. In my case there always bowls of chips, nuts, snacks, finger foods, etc.. just laying on the counter or table at gatherings - so easy to graze through without knowing plus makes me hungrier. Bring a deck of cards, look up riddles on phone for kids to guess, etc.. keep busy.

How will you handle the holiday?
    Supper at my house tomorrow, so making what my mom wants and I have my own meal plans for me as extras: salad, lean protein, etc.. no dessert or if so, something I don’t like so I won’t care. I have figured it out yet. Sunday is out for brunch at family, I am bringing my own stuff to share and eat.

Make a plan and share it with us. - my plan is to have a plan... and bring my 1L water bottle with me. Another trick, bring a brown glass beer or tall can, open it and take a swig with everyone, then head to washroom pour it out, fill with water. I don’t want to explain why I’m not drinking, don’t want anyone to know and worry.

I do like alcohol, but currently found out something is going on with my kidneys, and I’m waiting on some more tests. For now, trying to limit consumption which is also helping for calories and improving my lifestyle, so can’t down a bottle of red wine when I have a bad day anymore. Can’t do diet pop either, something about phosphorous, or ? I can’t remember. Maybe overly cautious, but a no diet pop and no alcohol plan helps me deal with worrying about the testing and not making things worse.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Another tip my aunt thought me, after dinner, get up and help with dishes, cleaning up, put toys away.. sitting at table where desserts are all layed out is dangerous for me also.. or serve the desserts to others then hide them, and come by later offering them again, but don’t sit there looking at it..
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Ate: Didn't log due to but on track
    Water: I am usually good but only 42oz
    Exercise: 30 min walking video
    Steps: 10,008 steps
    Not a bad weigh in, less than a pound away from my lowest weight this month. A lot of running around both before I left and once I got to the shore. We have over a full house AND 3 dogs! Lol! It has been fun. A storm is supposed to come in today but keeps getting pushed back. We got up and out early this am to take a walk on the beach before it rained. The walk ended up being over 2 hours and about 5 miles! Of course I forgot to track in my app. Just finally had a chance to sit down and catch up on here. Once the rain comes, it is supposed to continue raining through tomorrow. I also lucked out with Easter. I was planning on a brunch and my son in law offered to cook eggs, breakfast meat and let everyone make their own egg sandwiches! I am just going to make a coffee cake or monkey bread. Then everyone can take left overs home. Everyone is leaving at different times on Sunday but my niece and I are staying until Monday. She said she likes sushi so I know a place that it is really good down here so I might do that. Weird for Easter I know...Got to go!

@hope002 You have been kicking butt with these workouts! Very inspiring!
    @GingerPwr Oh you will definitely get steps in chasing a toddler around. You have come so far, I know you can do this. I am sending hugs and good vibes. xoxoxo
    @cyndiesstuff First of all, you are no fraud! You are so genuine and supportive. No matter what is going on with you, you always take care of all of us. You are an awesome leader! And patient! Think of how far we have come since the summer. All the support and advice you patiently gave me until finally months later it sunk in Lol! You are the best. I think you have been doing so well even with your BED. From my view that is not a professional of course, you do have your ways of coping with it but this surgery took a lot of those activities away from you. Things will turn around. You may always have this as a struggle but you are aware of it and need to put some more tools in your toolbox to deal with situations like these. I think it is interesting how different we all are, my one niece had anorexia, and it was explained to me as a control issue too. Eating was the one thing in her life she had control over. Same reasoning for two very different issues. No earth shattering wisdom here, I just thought it was interesting. I think once you are back to work and back to your usual activity level you will be back into the swing of things. Hang in there . Sending good vibes and hugs to you too!
    @carlsoda I am sure that gain is from inflammation too. I have to tell you, I appreciate how supportive you are to everyone in this group. We are lucky to have you! Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned! Enjoy! (Btw-Does the coconut milk have a coconut taste to it?)
    @Cafelelia Nice loss!! I am so happy you checked in! I thought we lost you!! I hope since you are here, your son is doing better. You can pick up right where we are now. We all missed you! Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned! Enjoy!!
    @lennoncpa Maintaining is good. Looks like getting through a successful tax season weight wise! Great job!!
    @kirsten11872 You really had a good week. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your friends, even though you indulged, it sounds like you made good choices. Good plan to get right back at it today! Hope you have a great Easter!
    @Julie8468 Wow! Awesome loss! You had a great month! I am so glad you stayed with your plan while traveling! Great tips for Easter too. Good luck with those tests, I hope everything turns out ok.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @julia8468 I think I love that last tip the best! These seem like no brainers but for some reason I don't come up with them on my own! Lol!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    8af8f03tu9g4.png
    o6cww4x18m3k.png
    For you @lenka1
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    7d8uxpyzp4tz.png
    July 2018
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @gingerpwr much love to you during these challenging times. Sending you prayers and lots of healing vibes.
This discussion has been closed.