Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 40 mins of Taekwondo.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Good evening Slimsons 🤗

I was just looking through some photos of myself from just before I changed my eating habits and it got me thinking 💡

💬How many of you have taken “before” photos?

💬When you reach your goal weight, do you plan on posting your before/after pics in the Success Stories thread to inspire others? Maybe even your social media page if you have one? Or will you just keep them to yourself?

⭐️For me, I did take some “before” pics and have been taking progress photos. I like to look through these photos now and again to motivate myself and remind myself why I started, and how far I have came. Also, when I look in the mirror, I can’t really see that I’ve lost just over 27lbs but from the “before” pics, I can definitely see a difference.

I’ve always loved reading through the Success Stories and I do love seeing before/after pics. I always notice how much happier everyone looks in their “after” pics too, and that makes me happy 😊 I think I probably will share my story and photos on the Success Stories thread when I reach my goal weight.

How about you?

I wish I had documented my journey from the beginning with photos!😖😫 It's my biggest mistake--- I was so in avoidance of having my pict taken back then. The success pages are extremely motivating to me--- and so I did post my success story when I had hit my first goal at around 80 lbs lost and made a lot of MFP friends who have asked for support or advice---it's such a great community here-- I owe my life change to MFP---I tried to lose weight for years, up and down and it didn't stick until I joined the community forum here in 2015---and now for the most part I have kept the grunt of 80lbs off me---though I would like to get that 10lbs+ back off!!!🤪

I was the same when it came to having my pic taken. I would never allow anyone to take a full length photo of me, only my face, and that was bad enough for me 🙈 I can’t believe I haven’t checked out your success story from when you hit your first goal, do you have a link to the post? I’d love to see it!

I agree that it’s a great community at MFP. Nobody judges anyone else and everyone is so encouraging! I had also tried to lose weight long before joining MFP but I always kept falling off the wagon a couple of days into it. I’m really glad I came across this app 😅
    Losing 80lbs and keeping it off is absolutely awesome 👏 You’re sooo close to your goal Nancy, and I can see you hitting it very soon!

• o0kody0o
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

💬When you reach your goal weight, do you plan on posting your before/after pics in the Success Stories thread to inspire others? Maybe even your social media page if you have one? Or will you just keep them to yourself?

@o0kody0o I take pictures periodically, and when I do, I also post them in the thread, just did that, back in march I think...but I'll repost... I'm down 90 lbs to date, and working on getting the last little bit off, not really sure how much that is, but I'm determined to finish it now.
    nw30yqrk6452.jpg

Wow 😮 What a transformation, you look great!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 5/7

Tracked: Yes
    Steps: 10,119
    Exercise: Elliptical 15mins., Walking the dog 25 mins.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @tdrjustus3 AWESOME loss! Congrats! All your hard work paying off!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Great day!!

@Thumper04 Chipping away at it, great loss!!

@batgirl140 Great day, glad you made it to Taekwondo!

@cydneebauman Good luck, my sodium is way over what MFP would recommend, whatever your doctor recommends is what you should stick with (and you can adjust MFP to match that when you know).
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday May 7
    Tracked:Yes
    Steps: 8279
    Exercise: No

I will be working towards 10K steps each day for the rest of the week. Didn’t realize how close I was yesterday without much effort.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, May 7
    Calories: WAY OVER - fast food when I had a chance.
    Exercise: Yes, cleaning.

My days are a blur. Worked 9a-5p (up at 6:30a to start getting kids ready and oldest off to school). Came home, immediately took 2 kids to dance (there by 5:30p). 6:30p, brought one kid to the high school where my wife was for my oldests final Band performance. Back to dance by 7:30p to pick up my other daughter. Off to my 2nd job of commercial cleaning. That was 8p- 10p. Home by 10:30p. Shower and asleep by 11:15p.

Today, right after work I clean until around 8:30p. Home by 9ish? I don't want to give up... I just don't seem to have time to dedicate to me. Oh. And BTW, my van broke down so we are down to just ONE vehicle, but the same crazy schedule....
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: way over-teacher appreciation luncheon....
    Exercise: none today
  • jmitts2
    jmitts2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Username: jmitts2
    Week: May, week 2
    Weigh day: Wednesday
    PW: 237
    CW: 234

Comments: I havent worked out the last few days due to feeling bad. Jittery, maybe tight chest feeling. I think this was caused by allergy medication so I cut out excercise, caffine and the allergy medication and now I am ready to get back at it! No more resting until my goal is complete.
  • o0kody0o
    Options

My days are a blur. Worked 9a-5p (up at 6:30a to start getting kids ready and oldest off to school). Came home, immediately took 2 kids to dance (there by 5:30p). 6:30p, brought one kid to the high school where my wife was for my oldests final Band performance. Back to dance by 7:30p to pick up my other daughter. Off to my 2nd job of commercial cleaning. That was 8p- 10p. Home by 10:30p. Shower and asleep by 11:15p.

Today, right after work I clean until around 8:30p. Home by 9ish? I don't want to give up... I just don't seem to have time to dedicate to me. Oh. And BTW, my van broke down so we are down to just ONE vehicle, but the same crazy schedule....

Sounds like you have a hectic lifestyle! Is there any way at all you could maybe prepare your lunch or dinner in advance? Then stick it in the fridge or freezer? Even if it’s just lunch you make in advance, that means you won’t be grabbing any fast food for lunch at least, and that’s definitely better. Sorry I can’t think of anything else!

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

Wow....that IS a crazy schedule. Keep fighting. You CAN do it!!!

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories: way over
    Tracking no
    exersize walking
    Water: 110 oz
    Steps: 16565
    todays goals Get tracking and eating back on track to many bad food choices yesterday
  • digger61
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@o0kody0o I take pictures periodically, and when I do, I also post them in the thread, just did that, back in march I think...but I'll repost... I'm down 90 lbs to date, and working on getting the last little bit off, not really sure how much that is, but I'm determined to finish it now.
    nw30yqrk6452.jpg

what a change Your looking great
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post: May 7th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 14,650 steps

I was able to walk 11K steps at work today and then did another mile on the treadmill when I got home.

Great day
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 5/7

Calories: Over
    Exercise: Elliptical 18 mins.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Monday check in
    Calories and carbs; under
    Water; 104 oz
    Exercise; none
    todays goals: walking more and drinking more water
    Had a gastroscope done yesterday and found no problems. Good for anther year. On my way back to heath, Hope to be back to work in Aug. Now time to get walking Have a great day everyone

Love that you received good news
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @DeshotelK Great job with your exercise, you'll be under calories next time.

@digger61 hang in there, you'll get it next time, one day won't be too bad if you get back into it.

@jmitts2 Great loss this week!! Keep it up!

@CourtneyLomonaco Hang in there, one day won't be too bad.

@BEASTFIELD314 Hang in there, maybe look to make small changes to your routine, maybe hold off on trying to add additional exercise, you do help with the cleaning, that's good exercise, maybe you focus on your diet, after all that's where most of the weight loss comes into play anyway, maybe when you eat, start with making more mindful choices, I think that will go a long way to helping you to achieve your goals. Hang in there, it's tough, but you got this.

@tdrjustus3 You're doing great, your goal of 10k steps is awesome, one I just started working towards every day, and I started trying to get up there by hitting 5k, then 8k and now I'm working towards 12k a day. You got this, you're doing great.
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Wednesday 8 May

Track: Yes
    ⬛️Exercise: Nothing much today apart from some walking
This discussion has been closed.