TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »

What are some of the things you feel when you don't have enough sodium??

@aadubb Super low energy and headaches that won't go away for anything. Almost flu like...

And it's something that happens to a lot of people really easily when you're eating low carb, carbs help you retain sodium and if you're eating low carb you don't hold sodium the same way, it flushes much easier so it's much easier to become deficient in it, although anyone can become deficient in it, and everyone's needs are a bit different, you'd probably be extremely surprised at the amount of sodium I consume in a day.
    Also working out can help to deplete sodium levels as well, so that's something to think about as well.
    For me, I both eat super low carb and workout 1-2.5 hours a day so I burn through my sodium...and need more.
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Holy crap Ash!!😳✨🙌😝💥 that's awesome--- I watch people doing box jumping at my gym and I am in awe of their ability--it defies gravity---I could never do that without it becoming one of those "GYM FAIL" videos😂😂🤣 Not a good move for me😆🤣

@SLIMn2016 I should take pictures of my legs, the failed attempts are proof that I work hard at it, the bruises are for real, 30 inches is extremely hard for me right now, 26-28 inches is pretty comfortable, 30 inches is where I'm trying to get to be able to do consistently, it's a sign of the power I can generate and something that I use a lot in weight lifting...which is why I do them.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training--on today's weightlifting menu: Snatch Balance, Clean + Jerk, Snatch Pulls, box jumps planks with 35lb weights and bent over barbell rows, 90 mins walking.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No, missed my line dancing class
    Water: 96 oz
    Steps: 7161
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: May 9th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,350 steps

I went out for lunch so I had to work to get my 10K steps in today. I am now 0.2 lbs away from being halfway to my goal. Today is also my 7 month anniversary of starting my healthy lifestyle.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in May 9

Exercise: Yes. 45 min of Taekwondo. Rough! Lots of legs work. Balancing and hopping on one leg. Hope it gets easier as the weight goes down!
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday

Track: No
    Calories: Probably over
    Exercise: No
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Morning team 👋🏻

Just thought I’d share my NSV for today. I started out with the following measurements:

23 February 2019

Chest: 41in
    Waist: 36.5in
    Hips: 45.5in
    Thighs: 25in

Current measurements

Chest: 39in (2 inch loss)
    Waist: 32in (4.5 inch loss)
    Hips: 42in (3.5 inch loss)
    Thighs: 24in (1 inch loss)

Also, when I first started out in February this year, my body fat percentage was at 34% but is now at 31% which is good! I just need to keep going 💪

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, May 8
    Tracked: No
    Calories: Honestly, no idea.
    Exercise: Yes, cleaning.

Another long day. I think once school is over, I will be able to make some changes. Right now I get up at 6:30am to start getting people up and take my oldest to school. I don't have to be at work until 9a. So, if I continue getting up at the normal time, I can do my walks in the morning, come home, shower, and then head out.

I agree with @o0kody0o and @AB0215. Right now I should probably focus on my food. Then once school is out, add the walking/exercise component. @CindyJNC1963, I appreciate the encouragement.

Prior, I did intermittent fasting. I have been trying this time as well, but am finding it super hard. Almost like I am famished all the time. I know it's all in my head, but for some reason this go around, I can't find that groove. Perhaps I should go back to eating 3 meals a day, just less calories each meal. I really liked IF, but if it's not working, I don't want to keep torturing myself.

Anywho, have a wonderful day people. Sorry my posts are a day behind, lol. I am just so worn out when I get home. May you accomplish all your goals today my friends!

When I first started my new way of eating I just focus on my food and made a plan to eat my last meal at 6pm and then I made an herbal ice tea to keep beside me for when those cravings start after 6pm and that's what help me to unconsciously start fasting.

So you need to find what works for you and then go with that. I find being in sync with yourself during any new Lifestyle change makes it easier. Wishing you the best 💪🏽👌🏾👍🏾😍
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    jmitts2 wrote: »
    Daily post for Wednesday

Track - Yes
    Calories - Under
    Exercise - 30 mins eliptical

Back to working out. It feels good. I stared at a bag of chips in the pantry last night for longer than I would like to admit at 930pm last night. I held out and went to bed without them. No snack food regrets for me on Wednesday!

Awesome that's the way to do it
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh In
    Username: tinak33
    May Week 2
    Previous Weight: 153.2
    Current Weight: 151.3

Ok, so I know I have a loss from last week... but its funny because yesterday morning I was 150.1. And then Mexican food plus cookies happened. :D:D

I love that it's a loss, but still I was SOOOO CLOSE to the 140s!!!
    I really should just stop having a date night on Wednesdays.... lol

You'll get there. You're enjoying yourself as you're losing so don't beat yourself up but stay positive and before you know it the scale will be at 145lbs.😍😍😍👌🏾👌🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    Daily Post: For Wednesday May 8

⚡Track: Yes ( including the piece of baskin robbins ice cream cake for my husbands birthday. I ate 49 grams
    ⚡Calories: Over
    ⚡Exercise: ( I practiced my Turbo kick routine in the morning, did 22 min of cardio at lunch and then did my 60 min fitness class in the evening. So I don't feel bad about the extra carbs I did have)
    Haven't lost much this week so far. But happy to maintain despite my period slowing things down. Hopefully I've lost since inches despite the scale. The pants Im trying to fit into have moved up my thighs and may soon slip over my hips :)

Nice I love when I lose inches
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: May 9th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,350 steps

I went out for lunch so I had to work to get my 10K steps in today. I am now 0.2 lbs away from being halfway to my goal. Today is also my 7 month anniversary of starting my healthy lifestyle.

Congrats on your 7 month anniversary you're soooooo close👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾💪🏽💪🏽🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Morning team 👋🏻

Just thought I’d share my NSV for today. I started out with the following measurements:

23 February 2019

Chest: 41in
    Waist: 36.5in
    Hips: 45.5in
    Thighs: 25in

Current measurements

Chest: 39in (2 inch loss)
    Waist: 32in (4.5 inch loss)
    Hips: 42in (3.5 inch loss)
    Thighs: 24in (1 inch loss)

Also, when I first started out in February this year, my body fat percentage was at 34% but is now at 31% which is good! I just need to keep going 💪

Awesome job you're killing it🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Gjaholy33 Thursday Daily Post

Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: May Week 2
    PW: 472
    CW: 467.9
    Goals/comments Did okay this week slow and steady. Still wish for 3lbs more but happy I didn't gain. My medical doctor is still in shock how much I lost since I was there last month 25lb lost in a month she said is a lot. I told her when most of your days is under 800 cal it's not that unbelievable plus I've been delivered from that gluttony spirit which she didn't understand but I do that's all that matter. I serve an awesome God and all I do each morning is put my trust in Him and I know I'll get through the day okay, which has led to my new found success.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Track yes
    Calories yes wayyyyy under
    Exercise yes 25 minutes walking
    Water 100oz sooooo not good
    Goals/comments
    Even in my pain I still went and visit 2 food pantries one of them have fresh spinach, red potatoes and kale.

The spinach and kale will be good for my protein shakes as I had to result to using broccoli this week in my shake but it's not bad, actually.

They tried giving me other products but anything not conducive to my lifestyle change I was not willing to take like jelly OMG that'll definitely bring on those sugar cravings (not saying I'll never eat it again but not right now) oh and I got to big bags of walnuts (you know how expensive walnuts are right)

So today was a good day besides the pain, I just don't understand what's going on with my right side can't even hold my phone we'll see what happens at PT today.

STILL STAYING POSITIVE REGARDLESS
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33 Thursday Daily Post

Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: May Week 2
    PW: 472
    CW: 467.9
    Goals/comments Did okay this week slow and steady. Still wish for 3lbs more but happy I didn't gain. My medical doctor is still in shock how much I lost since I was there last month 25lb lost in a month she said is a lot. I told her when most of your days is under 800 cal it's not that unbelievable plus I've been delivered from that gluttony spirit which she didn't understand but I do that's all that matter. I serve an awesome God and all I do each morning is put my trust in Him and I know I'll get through the day okay, which has led to my new found success.

You’re doing amazing Gloria. I love reading your posts as they are always so positive. Keep up the great work!

• Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 5/9 (Thursday)

Exercise: Walking and running on the treadmill total of 6.6 miles.
    Steps: 13, 234
  • BougeeBrat
    Options
    @digger61 Thank you. My weight seems to be stuck and I think it is due to my energy level. My trainer has adjusted my eating plan to see if that helps. Some days I want to eat and some days I have no interest In food at all. Yesterday all I wanted was fruit or anything cold (frozen fruit). Hopefully this will pass quickley ans i can get back on track.
  • BougeeBrat
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If anyone is using the Fitbit app please add me. Username is the same .
This discussion has been closed.