Options

Replies

• Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weight in day!
    Pw: 137.8
    Cw: 138.8

Not great, I know where I’m going wrong. Lots of drama at home and stress at work. Not sticking to plan or going to gym. Plus more medical exams which made me anxious. Ever feel like someone else is at the wheel? Felt that way this way all week! Plus I know we are at our best and worst at home, but why are spouses “ok” with being their worst at home? Husband is (apparently) so stressed at work that he comes home a disaster, upset about everything, criticizes the kids and me, can’t talk to him. I feel really bad right now, I just counted on in life when it all goes bad, the home life will carry us through. I worry about the kids being “evaluated “ by their father for his own problems. I know I may be just venting, but I am caught up in it all and know I need to calm down and figure things out. Thank you all so much for listening!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I am not going to repost the weights tonight since I did them earlier today. I will check in with you all tomorrow!

@Cafelelia What a nice neighborhood you live in! I am sure that running will go back to being enjoyable again for you. Look how far you have come! Thank you for what you said about my hip on my post Friday. It is nice to hear from someone who has gone through something similar and is doing much better. And also doesn't have liver trouble Lol! I couldn't do anything if I didn't take the ibuprofen so thanks for being supportive.
    @eyesopennow That's ok, just be sure to get it in before 11:59pm Saturday.
    @mrsbell8well Your hair looks so cute! I love it! Sounds like you have a perfect weekend planned! Enjoy!
    @carlsoda Yes, stress and being out of your usual routine can do that. Hopefully you can focus and get back on track this weekend!
    @Julie8468 Oh no Julie, you have a lot going on. Just stop and breathe. You know what you need to do. A lot of us stress and emotional eat. You need to get yourself back on track. Make a 24 hour plan, just what you are going to do for one day. Schedule what you are going to eat and when you are going to the gym. Pay attention to when you are eating and make sure you are really hungry and you aren't emotionally eating. Just focus that you are going to do it for 1 day, you can do anything for one day right? Then do another plan for the following day, tweak what was on the first plan, what worked, what didn't and go from there. I usually do my plan the night before. There is nothing you can do about your husband's mood but you can change how you react to it. Don't let his crappy day ruin yours. If you can't talk to him about it, try to make a plan what you are going to do when he starts. Maybe that would be a good time to go to the gym or maybe take the kids for a walk. Make it clear that it is not ok for him to talk to you all like that and you are going to go take a walk or go out so he can get himself together. Hopefully it is just a stressful project that will be over soon and when he is a little more receptive have a talk with him. Hugs my friend. You can vent here anytime.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Friday
    Food -2 to +2
    Water 56 oz
    Exercise 30 minute weeding garden
    Steps 13961

hmmm... yesterday was a long day at work. nothing to do all day. this is going to be ending soon. you would think the boss would have gotten the ball rolling on finding my replacement but he has not. shouldn't surprise me none. maybe he expects me to do it! not gonna! lol. i am working on getting my name changed everywhere it needs to be changed. i am old fashioned and i took his last name. this morning, i have already cleaned the kitchen and at 11:45 i have to be at the diagnostic center for a drug screening for the new position (im not worried LOL). then when they seen im clean, we will discuss transition. i watered and weeded last night. so i am off for the day. lets make it the best saturday yet!!

@sleepymom5 yea, dont you worry about that small gain for the month. you just work on getting a new plan made for your recovery. that is what you need to start thinking of. what you can do to further you to your goal and to fix not worsen your hip. spend some time googling free exercise videos on utube that are easy on the hip, like chair exercises with hip stretches, chair cardio, upper body cardio. get searching for your new path. is it fair, NO. but it still is so you have have to figure it out.

@Cafelelia maintains are good! and your right recovery is work. but think of the end goal. how wonderful it will be to run again with out pain. and you need to also remember where you started and how far you have come. you are really showing yourself that you are going to take care of you!! wonderful self care. and well, i knew i did, but it wasn't formalized yet. it was told to me by the financial advisor (my new boss) but the final word has to come from home office. so i got the actual offer letter and i had to sign for acceptance. so now it formal!!

@eyesopennow how are you doing with your new way of eating? are you still working the sitting at the table? how's the family?

@Mrsbell8well Hey sass a frass!! cute cute cute hair! love it. it is totally you. sounds like your july is going to be jam packed with living life! you have truly developed a life you can live with. i am super proud of you. i am going to catch up with you, i have not given up. thanks for always being there for me. from one addict to another, you know my struggle first hand. i really appreciate that you come here and share all. my higher power put us on the same path for a reason. you, my wonder twin, prove that it can be done. thanks!

@carlsoda you are right stress gain. but don't let that derail you. we are headed into a new month with new possibilities. start thinking about your plan. what does your monthly circle look like. rework the 4 circles to match where you are and lets kick july in the butt!!

@Julie8468 that is a stress gain too i bet. sometimes we are given storms in our lives to protect us from the sun. i know that sounds crazy and i know it won't really help but in all of this you need to remember that you just need to show up everyday and do the best you can. storms in our lives are important. they help you grow and learn. i know they are scary. but you all will get thru this and it will be what it will be on the other side whether you worry or not. worrying does not fix anything. many times in life the only thing that will fix it is going thru it. and you know... if it feels like someone else is at the wheel... someone is. Let your higher power take over and just show up and do what you can. try some guided meditation for anxiety, stress management, relaxation. google it. look some up on utube. i like jason stephenson and micheal sealy. but there are many choices. learn to decompress yourself. it is beautiful self care.

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    jhx6z08zzbf8.jpg

Team business Ahead!!

here is the link to the july challenge. tomorrow morning that is where we will all be responding. make sure to star it to make it your favorites. go there and introduce yourself. we have two new members so make sure to welcome them.

They are: @McKay85 and @Barbb1557

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751851/weight-no-more-team-chat-july-2019#latest
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    1ldco4g0ji3b.jpg

Life is too short.. So you say, "I am just going to eat this even though I know I shouldn’t.” We need to remind ourselves. So instead say, “Actually, life is too short to be spent overweight, unhappy, and unhealthy. If I want to feel great and really live my life the way I want to, then I need to do what I can to maintain a healthy weight." Words are powerful. Be good to yourself this weekend!!

bxmxd6sirrbx.png

What will your positive words for the week end be? Please share all weekend. Lets go into July with a positive frame of mind.

Today, is going to be the best day yet. I have my plan and it is good. I am willing to follow that plan and be successful.

what are your positive words?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday

Went to bed early last night and work up at 7:15 feeling refreshed - my gosh I needed it.

So biggest issue all week is the DC manager didn’t want to follow instructions and actually started to reach out to my customer trying to change how we ship our first order. Sorry I am your customer and don’t you dare reach out to MY customer. we have about 200 orders going out, thousands of cases but unfortunately each case needs a special shipping label before being palletized. I was so annoyed as I had the instructions from director of logistics for this unnamed HUGE company and the stupid DC manager still didn’t want to do it. Then there were about 100 orders hung up in EDI (order comes electronically from their system into ours) so that had to be worked out. And our poor customer service rep - she is good but struggles with new processes so I spent a day helping her then I got behind on my work. Anyhoo...last week is done and it can only get better. Right???

So I do have plans for July (and this weekend too)

Weekend - detox off sugar and meal prep and work on setting up my new journal

July - my oldest daughter and I are doing Whole30 again. She is pregnant with baby #4 and is struggling with sugar, it makes her feel physically awful so I am joining her. I just remember how wonderful I felt by week 3 and I want that feeling again. I am also going to work on yoga and flexibility this month. I am tired of feel stiff when I first wake up. I am going to fight aging as much as I can!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: Friday
    Food: good
    Water: good
    Exercise & steps: Hiked up to this reservoir 11 miles RT; 29,045 steps. Not much snow in the mountains. My goal before winter settles in is for 10-15 mile hikes to be the norm rather than the exception. But that’s been my goal the last few years and it hasn’t happened LOL

a486ldfh71tv.jpeg

Love, love, love the new do @Mrsbell8well. I don’t have a recipe for the enchiladas. Sorry, I just throw in what I have on hand. Oh, but I do roast the butternut squash beforehand... I think it gives the enchilada filling a nice texture. I had some leftover enchilada filling so last night I stuffed portobellos with it. Delish!!

Today is Farmer’s market then grocery store. Going to spend some time thinking about my July plan. I’ve been dipping my toe in the 160’s for too long... need to get in and stay there.

Feeling a little sluggish this morning so gotta get moving. Wishing everyone a nice weekend!

• eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Week 4 for FRIDAY (sorry)
    PW 239.0
    CW 239.4
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day Saturday
    Previous weight:160.0
    Current weight:163.0
    +3
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Daily check in Friday
    Food logged and on track
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise nothing-cleaning and a bunch of short walks with Daisy
    Steps 6,074

I am done with my cleaning! I am excited because now I can focus on me. I will still have guests come and go but for the most part my days can be planned around my eating plan and exercise. I almost have a week of good days behind me so I am feeling optimistic. I also have my food plan for most of the coming week done. Exercise depends on the weather. The only thing that I really can't do is walk. I have to do short and slow walks. Last night was the first good nights sleep I have had in a few days. Daisy is feeling better I guess. She was put on an antibiotic so she has a full day in her. I felt so bad for her.

I heard back from my doctor with the results from the MRI. I have a Gluteus Medius tear but it doesn’t require surgery. THANK GOODNESS!! I have to go to PT for 4-6 weeks. If I don’t see a noticeable improvement, then I have to go to a sports medicine guy who can do something with injections. I hope PT is the answer. At least I know what it is now and have a plan for treatment.

As for July...I am going to think. I am excited as I feel like I have a free month to concentrate on me. I know for sure I do want to add more fruit and veggies into my diet and add more strength training than just my PT.

@cyndiesstuff What a surprise that your boss hasn't put any effort into your replacement. Lol! Not your problem! Wait until he sees how much you take care of so he can do the little he does. Seems like you are on a good path right now and doing well. Hugs!
    @carlsoda Wow! It has to be better next week, couldn't get much worse! Lol! So you are doing whole 30 again! Impressive and so nice to do with your daughter! Congrats on the new little one to be! How exciting! Hope you have a nice, relaxing and stress free weekend!
    @nstephenson01 What a beautiful part of the country you live in! Love the picture! How often do you plan to do those hikes? Your hikes just amaze me. Enjoy your weekend!
    @eyesopennow No worries about the late weigh ins. That is basically maintaining. Don't let it derail you if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. I was thinking about you the other day when I was listening to one of my podcasts. It is hard to walk and exercise after work for just the reason that you didn't that one day. You are already exhausted. I am sure your time is limited on the weekdays so that is probably the only time you can do it. Why don't you start off slowly. Either just start with 20 min per night, maybe even before dinner or why don't you start off with every other day or twice on weekdays and both days on the weekend? I think you get my drift. Just get into the routine of doing it and make it simple so you can do it. Anything is better than nothing. If you already figured it out and are doing well...never mind, carry on!
    @kirsten11872 Hope everything is going ok. If you are not on track, don't let this derail you further. You know what you have to do and you kick butt when you do it. This is a hard time with the kids being out of school and getting into a new routine. New day, new week, new month-clean slate. Let us know if you need anything.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Oh my lots of good posts to catch up on here. Thanks for the hair compliments. I even have strangers fussing over my new do. A jehovah witness just now knocked on my door and oooohhh and ahhhhed over my hair lol. So happy.
    This morning I ran a little over 46 minutes. One of my worst runs ever. And it was hot. I turned it into a mental challenge and kept going. Even finished by running up a hill on the end. Yes I am strong and tough. Did my yoga and a bath. Now I can play. Going to reorganize all my clothes for Summer. And spend time in the pool.
    @cyndiesstuff I know you can do it twin girl! I always keep you in my heart and send you lots of love.
    @sleepymom5 glad there is an answer and you can focus on you for July.
    @nstephenson01 I am tempted to fly to Montana and hike that mountain with you.
    @julie8468 let it all out girl. Some of us probably share too much but it has been my salvation to find like minded individuals that support me here without judgement. My sharing has kept me from feeling isolated and turning to food. My heart truly goes out to you. I agree 100% with everything Pam said @sleepymom5. I would have said the same thing. Good words from Cyndie too. You got this. We always have options. I’m praying for you and your family. I feel compassion for your husband too. I’m sure this is uncomfortable for him as well.
    @eyesopennow I worry about you Mike. I feel like your still struggling to find what works for you. My biggest concern is your health. Your wife needs you. Might want to look into plant based as an option or something drastic to start seeing results. I have been with you on this journey for almost a year. I know how much it means to you. Good luck.

I have been shopping online again. But I have been returning a lot too. I have been ordering tons of bras. I just ordered 6 more this morning. I am determined to find the best bra and the best fit. I ordered from Lively this morning. Size adjustment to 36DDD. I will see how that goes.

My positive words were all used up on my run. “You got this Angelina...you can do it”!!!

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 4
    Pw- 197
    Cw- 197

Stayed the same even though its TOM time.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,079 Member
    Options
    Today I have started painting the nursery. My son offered to help as he was on his way out the door. I didn't expect him too none of the boys here paint. Today is the trim, it's taking forever because we have to move furniture around and still get rid of our office things. I decided for July I'm going to take baby steps and then I won't overwhelm myself. I am going to put the food scale on the counter instead of in the cabinet. I am going to aim for working out and logging food 5 days a week. Prepare my food for the day the night before so I'm not so rushed in the morning and grabbing anything. hopefully this will help me
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda good luck with the sugar detox. I gave up sweets in November and haven’t gone back. Made it through all the holidays and everything! I don’t even crave it anymore which is a big deal!! I’m one of those addictive personality types that can’t do certain things in moderation. Sweets goes into that category!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I did NOTHING today. Not on purpose. I planned to get a bike ride in and possibly kayak but started looking into this tear. I got mixed messages on activity. Most places said to rest until PT. I forgot to ask the ortho doctor when I talked to him. Before we knew what it was he said no restrictions unless it was something that was giving me pain. My daughter's friend is a PT so I asked her what she thought. She said as long as I don't have pain I am fine. The bike doesn't cause pain and the kayak I was more worried about the way I am sitting. By the time I heard back from her, I had already decided that it would probably be a good day to rest. So I got my nails done and sat on the deck and read. It was hot but beautiful out. Now I am tired, not sure why, I did nothing all day and finally had a good nights rest with Daisy last night Lol!
    Hope everyone has a good night!

@mrsbell8well You certainly do "got this"! I am not surprised it was a little tougher today, it was so hot and humid out! I am sure getting into the pool felt great! When you are where you want to be as far as size, maybe you should get professionally measured for a bra. Maybe buy one or two where you get measured(or none) and get what you want online.
    @Zumba_Luvah That is good! I am sure if it wasn't the TOM you would have lost.
    @ljdanny I need more details! Lol! What color? So you are not going to use as an office at all anymore? What about furniture? What happened with the shower? Lol! Doesn't look like I will be having grandchildren any time soon so I am living through you! I love that you are taking baby steps. I think small, doable steps all add up. Keep building on that. I need to start using the food scale too. I was doing good and got away from it.
    @Lennoncpa You really made me think...I never thought of myself as having an addictive personality but maybe I do. There are some things that I have to totally avoid because I can't do them in moderation. Something for me to think about AND to maybe take into account with certain things.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    pfiwdyd2ts1l.jpeg
    Last Call for week 4 weights
    Post by 11:59 EST
    @hope002
    @DananaNanas

Sunday's weigh ins
    Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @bmaison2014
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77

Monday's Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
    @McKay85
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday
    Food -2 to +2
    Water 48 oz
    Exercise 30 minute walk
    Steps 10403

morning. coffee is hot. i did good yesterday. laundry is done, meal plan for the week is made, did my drug screening, gave my mom a hair cut and created the Team Weight No More's challenge for the group (with the help of @sleepymom5). it is time to go to the July thread. but i want to talk to you all first. i know it is summer and we are all busy. I am busy too. but life is busy all the time. having no time is not an excuse to not work the plan. i have said it before. it's like brushing your teeth. you would not NOT brush your teeth. why? it is mandatory self care. so is this new life style we are creating. so take some time to work your plan every day in July. i post challenges because i truly believe that if you do them it will help you develop a healthy habit of self care. it really saddens me when no one participates.

ev1cdre9ftqh.jpg

So lets "Get jiggy with it in July"

To the July thread-
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751851/weight-no-more-team-chat-july-2019#latest
This discussion has been closed.