Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    sandkp wrote: »
    Been a rough day here but I said I would log even if its no's so here is my first strike out. No tracking (except in my head .. just not time to sit and find matching entrys with everything pulling me today) definitely not under... bad food for quick to go meals and stress has me grab bad stuff.. why didnt those teens eat the cookies??? And no exercise as I was either running a kiddo to doctor, talking to a kiddo at work that was not feeling good, running for easy on the stomach food for when said kiddo got home, talking to third kiddo who had a day similar in craptastic design to mine, or talking to dad about his health and my siblings kiddo who is in a whirlwind of chaos. At least I had a good visit with my mom yesterday after not being able to visit alot and while she doesnt remember much and usually had no idea or concept of time, she knew I had been away a while and for that second that she stated she missed seeing me it felt like old times...

So... here is to tossing this day into the past and finding a way to make tomorrow better...

@sandkp, I am so sorry you had one of those days! Family definitely comes first, and it sounds like each and every one of them needed moments of your time. It was definitely an aberration, so take heart in knowing you can most likely regroup today! Kudos on coming here to post, not just the good, but the bad as well!!

Oh, and don't you just hate it when you buy something you think your kids will eat, and they don't, so you do?!! It happens more than I'd like to admit...but they are not overweight, not at all, so why should I punish them with not having treats they might like in the house? It is definitely MY problem, and one I need to solve sooner rather than later!!

Thanks! Today was better. Possibly mindset possibly the day... but I'm taking it either way. I know my stress has been up and it seems to shoot my weight up.. along with my BP. While I'm not going to let it defeat me, this may be a mentally hard month to get through. (And snack for my kids are tough but the party snacks for a group of teen boys was my downfall yesterday) 😭
  • sandkp
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Been a rough day here but I said I would log even if its no's so here is my first strike out. No tracking (except in my head .. just not time to sit and find matching entrys with everything pulling me today) definitely not under... bad food for quick to go meals and stress has me grab bad stuff.. why didnt those teens eat the cookies??? And no exercise as I was either running a kiddo to doctor, talking to a kiddo at work that was not feeling good, running for easy on the stomach food for when said kiddo got home, talking to third kiddo who had a day similar in craptastic design to mine, or talking to dad about his health and my siblings kiddo who is in a whirlwind of chaos. At least I had a good visit with my mom yesterday after not being able to visit alot and while she doesnt remember much and usually had no idea or concept of time, she knew I had been away a while and for that second that she stated she missed seeing me it felt like old times...

So... here is to tossing this day into the past and finding a way to make tomorrow better...

Just look at each day as a new beginning. Yesterday may not have went as planned, but you did keep track of yourself in the back of your mind. Today is a new day, and you can push forward to reach the goals you didn't reach yesterday. You can do this!

I almost broke down and made cookies(oatmeal chocolate chip) to take to my boyfriend this evening, because he isn't watching what he eats like I am. I would have eaten half of them! So, I bought him a box of donuts, because those are far less tempting for me, and he's a donut freak :wink:

Thanks! Today was better...and good for you for not baking the cookies! Although sweets in general just gravitate to my hand and then my mouth way too easily!
  • sandkp
    Options
    7/3
    Mini challenge
    Tracked .. yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: yes

So a little better than yesterday! 😀
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    7/3
    Exercised: Upper fix and cardio fix
    Tracked: yes
    Under yes
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, walked to the Rugby game instead of driving
    Steps - 7,884

Saturday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym and Saturday shop and mooch
    Steps - 6.580

Sunday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes, even with homemade chicken satay!! :)
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym and total house blitz
    Steps - 10,950

Monday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories- yes
    Exercise - 1hr yoga, walk and home workout
    Steps - 15,006

Tuesday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, walk and home workout
    Steps - 16.099

Wednesday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - gym and home workout
    Steps - 16,355
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Tracking: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes - 45 mins mixed jogging/ walking + walked dog
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Tuesday, 7/2/19

Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - changed it up and did stationary bike at the gym. I was shocked at the difference in calories burned according to MFP, but not happy it didn’t count toward the step challenge :D

Sunday - no
    Monday - YES
    Tuesday - YES

I used to do the arc trainer at the gym because it was a big calorie burner for me, but have just been sticking to the elliptical because I get more steps on it (I'm silly)🤣 I will occasionally use the stationary bike that my boyfriend has(and never uses) but I find that the calorie burn isn't as rewarding for me 😞 What does matter, though, is that you are being active and working hard towards your goals! Steps don't matter, as much, but our challenges are fun! Keep up the amazing work, you've started off with a great week!

@cmhubbard92 thank you so much for your support. I agree with the fact that at least I’m doing something. I have some hip pain occasionally that stops me from walking, but I find that the bike doesn’t impact it as much.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yea
    Wednesday yes
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, 7/3/19

Under: yes (surprisingly) husband cooked dinner which means its never low calorie but yummy :)
    Exercise: yes - 35 mins treadmill and 60 min “Groove” group fitness at the gym. It’s a dance class and my friend asked me to go with her. It was fun but I’m sure I looked ridiculous because I cannot dance at all.

Sunday - no
    Monday - YES
    Tuesday - YES
    Wednesday - YES
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY!

Starting Weight 6/27/19: 170.8
    Week 1 Weight 7/4/19: 169.2
    Gain/Loss: -1.0
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    July 4
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 183
    Current- 183
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!

Starting July Weight: 167 lbs
    This week’s weight: 165.6 lbs

This is a good start to the month! Pleased to see this... but I know that the number goes down when I reduce my calories and exercise more.

Hope everyone enjoys Independence Day, if youre based in the US!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh in

last week 126.8
    today 127.2

Not as bad as it could be. Last weekend I spent 4 days at the cottage, which involves lots of good food which makes it very tough to eat right.

Good call on not making those cookies @cmhubbard92 !
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    2.6 mile hike on lunch break
    Step: 12339
    Water: 88oz
    Back still small amount of pain getting better everyday
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 7/2/19

Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - changed it up and did stationary bike at the gym. I was shocked at the difference in calories burned according to MFP, but not happy it didn’t count toward the step challenge :D

Sunday - no
    Monday - YES
    Tuesday - YES

I used to do the arc trainer at the gym because it was a big calorie burner for me, but have just been sticking to the elliptical because I get more steps on it (I'm silly)🤣 I will occasionally use the stationary bike that my boyfriend has(and never uses) but I find that the calorie burn isn't as rewarding for me 😞 What does matter, though, is that you are being active and working hard towards your goals! Steps don't matter, as much, but our challenges are fun! Keep up the amazing work, you've started off with a great week!

@cmhubbard92 thank you so much for your support. I agree with the fact that at least I’m doing something. I have some hip pain occasionally that stops me from walking, but I find that the bike doesn’t impact it as much.

@pkg1998 you are welcome! It is definitely good to have an alternative 😊 I'm glad you have something that works for you and keeps you motivated!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Thursday weigh in

last week 126.8
    today 127.2

Not as bad as it could be. Last weekend I spent 4 days at the cottage, which involves lots of good food which makes it very tough to eat right.

Good call on not making those cookies @cmhubbard92 !

@cossmoss You're so close to goal, fluctuations are going to happen a lot, and you expected this! Today, I kind of wish I had those cookies, Haha!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    The Friday weigh-in crew does not contain any new members, so I will not list everyone.....you know who you are!!!

However, we are missing a number of weigh-ins from earlier in the week:

Sunday: @CaroDav73, @Jl20alon2564

Monday: @danielletoynton9

Tuesday: @eatingfoodles

Wednesday: @24blfn, @DreamAchiever33, @Optimus_Prim

Thursday: @enyagoboom, @sandkp
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I have been really busy guys, and tomorrow doesn't look any better. I'll come on when I can...
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been really sick today! Have a major migraine and I'm not feeling good at all! So today is my off day! I just don't feeling up to doing anything.

I hope everyone is having a very good day on this 4th of July Independence Day in the U.S.

I have been doing really good this first week of the challenge! Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and be right back at it.
  • SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    7/4
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - walking
This discussion has been closed.