Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good work. I’m especially impressed with your dedication toward your goal.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Wow @Dante_80 that is such an achievement! You've literally lost a whole adult's weight! What a gift to give your back, knees, ankles and feet! You must be feeling amazing! I hope you feel justifiably proud of your commitment and effort.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I feel fine, suffering from a mild case of body dysmorphia but this goes with the territory. I'll survive that!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    I feel like to dancing to celebrate with you, Dante! Wow. What an achievement, what an inspiration.

I wonder if we will ever truly see what our bodies really look like? Maybe? Hopefully? Eventually?

Enjoy your half-the-man I used to be period...it won't be long before you are almost one-third-the-man you used to be.

Thanks for sharing.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    Way to go @Dante_80
    Your news perked up my day! YES👍What a gift! 🎁

Don't worry about your brain catching up. It will do so a year or two later! In the meanwhile enjoy wondering if your second leg will fit in the tiny pants you're holding in front of you❣️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So yesterday was cookie decorating day. After sampling the cookies yesterday while baking, licking frosting today and of course, several cookies eaten for quality control - I’m down two pounds this morning. Go figure 🤔!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

HW (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    SW (Oct 30 2021): 258.6 lbs
    Goal around 145 lbs

LW 12/18/21: 244.8 lbs
    CW 12/19/21: 243.8 lbs
    Loss = 1 lb

This Time Loss = 14.8 lbs
    Overall Loss = 33 lbs

Overweight BMI (202.2 lbs) lose 41.6 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169.3 lbs) lose 74.5 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 98.8 lbs

Yesterday was my birthday, when I weighed yesterday I was up 2oz from the day before. I thought oh well, I knew the loss was going to stall/slow some soon. Today, I weighed and I lost a pound from yesterday. I think that is a win for sure.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Definitely a win over the holidays! Happy birthday 🎁🎂🎉
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Well happy birthday to all of our mid+ December birthday kidos @AlexandraFindsHerself1971, @Americanbabydoll, and @PAV8888
  • Yoolypr
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Happy Birthday PAV! 🎂🎉. All you kiddies are growing up.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,628 Member
    Options
    Wow - all you December babies. This is some tricky month re controlled eating for you all.

Hope your day was beautiful yesterday, @Americanbabydoll, glad you received a lower scale number as a belated gift!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

HW (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    SW (Oct 30 2021): 258.6 lbs
    Goal around 145 lbs

LW 12/19/21: 243.8 lbs
    CW 12/20/21: 242.4 lbs
    Loss = 1.4 lb

This Time Loss = 16.2 lbs
    Overall Loss = 34.4 lbs

Overweight BMI (202.2 lbs) lose 40.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169.3 lbs) lose 73.1 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 97.4 lbs
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good on you! Losing weight over feasting season. 🎉
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Good on you! Losing weight over feasting season. 🎉

I admit that I was the grinch who cancelled the holidays except for three meal / feasts: one each for birthday, Christmas and New Year's back in 2014.

poor mom was only "allowed" to make stuffed cabbage leaves (with meat, rice and bacon inside) and... bacon outside once. The turkey... did not come with the two meat, rice, nuts, dried fruit and grand marnier stuffing... I actually don't quite recall whether we made one?

Had a steak restaurant birthday meal, a single large plate for Christmas dinner more heavy on the turkey and carrots and less on the mashed potatoes. Both were around 2K for the meal I would assume--MFP has now erased the old data so I can't double check my (very) fallible memory--and a galla buffet for New Year's which would have been in the 4-6K range and which was the only day where I had a visible weight up-tick. And I only "remember" all this because I recently looked at my weight trend back then.

The big one at the time was that I didn't let the usual cookies and chocolates into the house and / or immediately re-gifted any that came in. That plus running 1000 Cal deficits only resulted in slow down of loss (if that) as opposed to any upticks at the time. But I also note that I did have the "reserves" at the time tot made the 1000 Cal deficits a very reasonable rate of loss.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday you lovely December babies!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was diagnosed with OCD - I'm sure none of you have noticed! :p:p:p

Losing control is a big red flag for me, so I started planning what I'd eat for Christmas all the way back in early November.

Over two weeks ago I finalised the menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner for each day from 23rd to 31st December.

Good job my husband loves me! :p

Then I created a MFP recipe for every single dish (both the ones I'm likely to choose and the ones I probably won't choose - just in case....)

Last week, I logged my main meal choices for all 9 days into my MFP diary. I logged everything I was likely to eat - I didn't omit a single condiment, lick, taste or sip. Then I logged some booze - making a guess at what I was likely to drink from lunchtime to bedtime. Finally I logged a modest amount of 'treats' - mince pies, panettone, few squares of chocolate, few toffees, few cubes of turkish delight, a palmful of peanuts, some parmesan shortbreads etc. etc.

While all of these are guesses, and the reality will differ from my planning, I hope I'm not a million miles away. I've added in 1000 calories a day as a contingency, and when my Christmas-run-up deficit is factored in, and my likely TDEE, I reckon I'll be over-maintenance by about 5,700 calories in total for the period 18th - 31st December (so about 1.7 lbs of genuine weight gain).

My plan is to review my MFP diary every day, and correct the draft entries with my actual intake. I don't intend to be grinchy and have my jeweller's scales beside my plate, but I DO intend to discreetly weigh, measure, and pre-portion a few things for myself while people are occupied elsewhere.

This level of planning stops my hamsters from going into a tailspin...

But what's the betting I come here on 1st January and bemoan that my plan went completely up the swanny and that I've gained 10lbs....
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I do not want to know what I have most likely already gained this month…..eating healthy again is going to be a treat!…..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I admit Alexandra that out of all the reasons for a 10lb gain.. your reasons seem less unreasonable than most!!