Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Replies

• Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    @emmyjaykay I'm very sad to hear about your friend's dog passing. Any time we lose an animal it's difficult, but the fact that you were watching him must have been very difficult. I hope your friend is close enough to you to not blame you for this, I can't imagine he would. Take care and stay close!
  • My boyfriend forgot my sons were coming to hang the mirror, and was awful all day. The boys were great, and we got the mirror hung, but the wall is irregular. (sigh) And I ate probably too much and didn't log it right (it was a local place's pizza, so I just guessed at how much, and probably went low). Forgot Girlfriend's food, drove back to the restaurant to get it, and when we got home they had given us the wrong order.

I'm going to have some hot tea and just breathe for a while. I might have a hot bath tonight. (Have to borrow Girlfriend's tub; we just have a shower upstairs.) And I may have to buy a new book.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My boyfriend forgot my sons were coming to hang the mirror, and was awful all day. The boys were great, and we got the mirror hung, but the wall is irregular. (sigh) And I ate probably too much and didn't log it right (it was a local place's pizza, so I just guessed at how much, and probably went low). Forgot Girlfriend's food, drove back to the restaurant to get it, and when we got home they had given us the wrong order.

I'm going to have some hot tea and just breathe for a while. I might have a hot bath tonight. (Have to borrow Girlfriend's tub; we just have a shower upstairs.) And I may have to buy a new book.

I think I would have a Beefeater Martini with a handful of big olives!....hugs
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    emmyjaykay wrote: »
    I had a really terrible weekend.
    I knew something was up with the dog right away and FaceTimed my friend to let him know. We kept talking and I sat next to the dog and my friend made a vet appointment for the early evening but it was too late to do anything. I sat next to his dog for two hours and told him he was a good boy while he slowly passed and it's something I'm having a really hard time getting over. His sister came and we took the dog to the vet to make sure but I've just kind of been in shock and empty since. Yoga has been feeling good but that's about the only thing that is right now.

How have you guys managed this journey paired with unexpected grief?

I'm so sorry you experienced such a sad time. Please take comfort in knowing your presence meant the dog did not have to pass alone. You gave love and comfort to him in his time of need. Bless you for staying with him so he knew he was loved.
  • My boyfriend forgot my sons were coming to hang the mirror, and was awful all day. The boys were great, and we got the mirror hung, but the wall is irregular. (sigh) And I ate probably too much and didn't log it right (it was a local place's pizza, so I just guessed at how much, and probably went low). Forgot Girlfriend's food, drove back to the restaurant to get it, and when we got home they had given us the wrong order.

I think I would have a Beefeater Martini with a handful of big olives!....hugs

I'm allergic to alcohol.

On the other hand, there is fudge in the fridge, 2 pieces are 80 calories, and the fudge was homemade with an extra-special ingredient stirred into the butter. That's pretty relaxing.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    *sigh*

Water weight strikes again. I'm up 3 1/2 lbs this morning from Tuesday's all time low of 224.8 lbs.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    @cesse47 you have my sympathies - I hate it when I want something but don't know what it is!

And I'd love to go back to bed right now - its pouring the rain which makes for very good napping weather.....
  • I have always told myself very sternly at that point that we are not going to eat our way through the kitchen looking for What I Want; unless I can come up with it, we're going to just do whatever we were doing, but I always tell myself that when I do figure it out, we'll discuss it.

Right now there are a few things that I'm just not cooking til I'm on maintenance. Cookies and brownies, for example. Or scones. But I do have sweet snacks and I can usually deal with a desire for sweets by eating a hundred calorie rice krispie treat, or eating a 60 calorie snack size candy bar.

If the desire to eat is really overwhelming and I had my calories today, then I do some mental probing around in case it's some other emotion showing up in a desire to eat. I used to eat frustration and anger and loneliness, so sometimes they still try that, and it takes some patient work to figure out that that's going on.

I get it though. I am dealing with a hormone fuelled drive to Eat All The Food Ever and I know that's just not possible, I've shrunk my stomach too much for that.
  • When you live by yourself you will find that your ability to do the right thing is easier. I'd rather live alone and fight the emotional eating than try to do it with people who aren't supportive of anything in my life. Know that you are in my thoughts, and I pray that you have things go the way you need them to.
  • conniewilkins56
    I sincerely hope that light switch comes on soon for you...you are making yourself so sick emotionally and physically....we have all struggled on this journey to being healthy...some days are harder than others....being overweight is hard, dieting is hard....choose your hard!....please please please get with this program...some days I get by hour by hour...I would love to tell you this is easy but it isn’t easy every day...you have to want it so bad that it becomes more important than anything else!...get thru one day and then another....
  • I broke the back of the cravings monster by being poor. Once we had bought food for the month, that was it. Period. It didn't matter how bad I wanted it, if I didn't have the ingredients to make it, I wasn't going to get it. And it wasn't anyone's fault, it just was.

And I discovered that cravings do go away when you say no. You still want, but in a more distant and sensible fashion. And you can say to yourself, "I can have that next time I go out to eat," or "I'll plan to have that next time I do a meal plan up." And that's okay. Then you go out to eat on Saturday and have a sensible portion and sometimes it....wasn't as good as you thought it would be. Well, that's something to remind yourself of next time you crave it.

With me, some of what I crave makes me sick. (IBS or fructose intolerance.) I've come to the realization, often while doubled over in pain, that nothing tastes good enough to have an IBS attack over it. And it's not fun to eat a sundae while feeling nauseous and headachy and generally sick. Much better to have a small and sensible dessert that isn't big enough to cause the intolerance.

Furthermore, sometimes I wind up saying to myself on Saturday morning, looking ahead to my day, "Oh, I have to go to Restaurant X tonight, they have onion rings and I've been craving them for two weeks," and then one of my partners says, "I really want to go for Mexican tonight," and instead of pushing back for the onion rings, I'm totally okay to hang that up and go have Mexican. Because apparently the craving wasn't all that.

And once you've done that a couple times, you can then say to yourself, with history on your side, "Two days from now I won't even remember that I wanted onion rings so bad, and when I do go to the diner, I may well get fries and not even remember that I wanted onion rings, so SHUT UP YOU LYING LIAR WHO LIES." (lol)
  • conniewilkins56
    I have had IBS and I agree it is awful....mine was brought on more by binging than a specific food except grease....omg I think of grease and my stomach still rolls!...many many, too many times I have eaten until I felt like I would explode....that extra food has to go somewhere because it can’t all turn into fat...a lot can but a good portion goes down the toilet...basically if you overeat like I did, you are throwing your money away!...
  • conniewilkins56
    What is IBS? And yes I've been on this journey for 4 years ...not to sound like *kitten* but I feel some assume this is my first time on this journey and that's not the case

It's been literally 4 years of mostly no success or worse stuff added

So y'all can understand where the frustration comes

Irritable Bowel Syndrome....the *kitten*!

Most of us have dieted most of our lives...gained and lost....you gotta WANT it bad....be willing to follow the plan!.....

Give yourself seven days....just do it!....seven days to see if you can stick it out...don’t worry about exercise....just eat what you are supposed to....count your calories,weigh your food and log it.....one week....then another and another....sometimes hour by hour....