Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Drink 3 quarts of water every day. Done
    Work on hamstring stretches, dang they are painful. Seems to be the tight hamstrings are tied to the knee pain, well some of it.
    Get 30 min walk in. Done
    Get 30 min in on bike will do this evening.
    Stay within Calorie allotment Staying on track

Over the weekend, boy got arm workout, we replaced all the windows in house, we had a number that were leaky both water and heat wise. So that meant all blinds, and curtains down. So washed the few valances we are keeping put back up. But we are keeping the wood blinds. And gee each one had 32 on them and I cleaned them with wood cleaner, all 128 wood slats both sides. Nice and clean now. But the underside of my upper arms oh boy were they complaining yesterday all day.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    To Do today:

clean bathroom
    water plants
    wash dishes
    take out garbage

get my starter seeds planted
    get 45 minutes minimum in on the elliptical
    look for practice routines I can do from Youtube

got everything done by the seeds started. Its been cold and rainy all day, and I didn't feel like going out to my shed to dig the supplies out. Besides, I've got tomato seeds on order, so might as well wait until they get here and do everything at once!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    For today:
    • continue to keep eating under control despite being surrounded by food all day
    • lots of walking, aiming for at least 18,000 steps
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited March 2020
    Been a little MIA, between stressing how to get people from all over the globe home from ships and worrying about own in-country situation I've been slacking on self-care. Trying to get back a sense of routine now so back to daily goals:

> Aim for 8000 steps
    > Do a strength training routine at home
    > Prepare basement for influx of stuff as OH moves in over the weekend.
    > Print some additional stuff from work to do at home
    > Complete food diary for binge-eating program for today and yesterday.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Tues 24th March
    > Aim for 8000 steps
    > Do a strength training routine at home
    > Prepare basement for influx of stuff as OH moves in over the weekend.
    > Print some additional stuff from work to do at home
    > Complete food diary for binge-eating program for today and yesterday

Done, done & done.

Weds 25th March
    > Next C25K Session
    > Aim for 8500 Steps
    > Complete Food Diary for BE Program
    > Complete reviews of last 2 weeks for BE Program & update thread in BE group
    > Clean Bathroom
    > Hoover Living Room
    > Attempt to find some sort of storage for OH massive collection of herbs & spices
    > Update rowing club on extended social distancing/isolation measures
  • tinkerbellang83

Weds 25th March
    > Next C25K Session
    > Aim for 8500 Steps
    > Complete reviews of last 2 weeks for BE Program & update thread in BE group
    > Clean Bathroom

> Hoover Living Room
    > Attempt to find some sort of storage for OH massive collection of herbs & spices
    > Update rowing club on extended social distancing/isolation measures

Thurs 26th March Goals/To Do List

> Lunchtime Walk
    > Next C25K Session
    > Aim for 8500 Steps
    > Do some yoga and meditation
    > Complete Calm Check In/Gratitude Check In
    > Hoover Living Room - C/O from yesterday.
    > Sort through stuff under TV to donate on Olio App
    > Do some laundry
    > Pickle some cucumber
    > Recycle Glass Bottles
    > Tidy up Kitchen Windowsil and water plants
  • tinkerbellang83

Thurs 26th March Goals/To Do List

> Lunchtime Walk
    > Next C25K Session
    > Aim for 8500 Steps
    > Do some yoga and meditation

> Complete Calm Check In/Gratitude Check In
    > Hoover Living Room - C/O from yesterday.
    > Sort through stuff under TV to donate on Olio App
    > Do some laundry

> Pickle some cucumber
    > Recycle Glass Bottles
    > Tidy up Kitchen Windowsil and water plants

Thursday was very productive. Friday I got around 21000 steps in as we got notice at around 8:30pm that we were going on lockdown at midnight, and plan for the weekend had been to finish moving OH's stuff in to my place as we are moving in together. Got everything moved with about 20 mins to spare and spent most of the weekend sorting that out, but also managed to get in some Yoga and Strength Training.

Monday 30th March Goals/To Do List
    > C25K
    > 10000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Hoover Kitchen, Hall & Bathroom
    > Freshen up bedding
    > Pick up some antihistamines & some fresh fruit
    > Wash grocery bags
    > Make some more surface cleaner
    > Finish current sewing project
  • bmeadows380
    Today's Goals:

get a 30 minute elliptical session in
    walk to bank and post office
    finish vacuuming the house
    get the day lily bulbs dug up and moved
    put the new bulbs in the ground
    fertilize the lawn
    get a body weight routine in (cut back some to try to avoid serious DOMS like last week)
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    My goal today is to stop treating the lockdown like a holiday just because I'm home, it does not give me the excuse to eat everything in sight and stop weighing and logging.
    I'm finding it difficult as I'm cooking for the family and we're all eating the same so I can't easily separate my food from theirs, so today I shall find a way of doing that and log everything.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    My goal today is to stop treating the lockdown like a holiday just because I'm home, it does not give me the excuse to eat everything in sight and stop weighing and logging.
    I'm finding it difficult as I'm cooking for the family and we're all eating the same so I can't easily separate my food from theirs, so today I shall find a way of doing that and log everything.

Can you just add different accompanients or maybe batch cook something for yourself and freeze it so you can just heat it up and eat at the same time?
  • tinkerbellang83

Monday 30th March Goals/To Do List
    > C25K
    > 10000 Steps
    > Yoga

> Freshen up bedding
    > Pick up some antihistamines & some fresh fruit

> Wash grocery bags
    > Make some more surface cleaner
    > Finish current sewing project

Didn't get as much as I wanted done yesterday so some will have to be deferred to Wednesday as I'm in the office today.

Tuesday 31st March Goals/To Do List
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Meditation
    > Laundry
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

Can you just add different accompanients or maybe batch cook something for yourself and freeze it so you can just heat it up and eat at the same time?

My freezer is packed so I can't get anything else in it - it's actually not a bad thing as they are having to eat more fresh veg and we're all eating less processed foods. It's a mental barrier - I have to guess so I'm just not bothering, and because we're all like caged animals comfort eating/drinking has started.
    However, I acknowledge these are just excuses and now we know this is likely to go on for some time I'm uping my game to combat it. I'll log best estimates, ensure I get some exercise and hide the chocolate and vodka!
  • bmeadows380
    Today's Goals:

get a 30 minute elliptical session in
    walk to bank and post office
    finish vacuuming the house
    get the day lily bulbs dug up and moved
    put the new bulbs in the ground
    fertilize the lawn
    get a body weight routine in (cut back some to try to avoid serious DOMS like last week)

I didn't get the bulbs in the ground yesterday, but its supposed to be pretty this weekend. And instead of a body weight routine, I did aerobics. But over all, not too bad a day

TODAY'S GOALS

-get a 30 minute elliptical session in
    - do an aerobics session at lunch time
    - stick to my deficit
    - try not to over-caffeinated today so I can actually sleep tonight.......

I drank almost a whole gallon of tea and coffee yesterday, and paid for it when I tried to sleep last night. Between the caffeine overload and the leg muscles that were a little restless, I had a time and half falling asleep last night. I know it was close to 2 am, and my alarm went off at 5:15 :frowning: A short power nap might be in my future today.

That's one benefit to working at home; if I find I need a power nap, I can just lay down on the bed behind me and take it without feeling guilty then just take the extra time to the end of the day. There isn't that need to wear a front in front of co-workers!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Just rejoined MFP on Sunday after getting on the scales to discover I was back over 300 lbs. DarnIt!! So, I'm back ... and, hopefully, will stick with it so I can get to a healthier weight. Luckily at my physical in January, everything checked out in good order; absolutely no issues except for being obese. So, back again!!
    My larder is stocked with about 3 weeks of supplies (chosen by my granddaughter, bless her heart) due to the pandemic. I did go out very briefly to get fresh veggies and fruit. Now it's a matter of using what I have - making sure to log everything - and replacing with my choices as needed.
    I'm 72 and obese so I've been self-isolating for the past couple of weeks or so. I've also started back on the beginner's walk from Leslie Sansone but can barely get thru 5 minutes before I'm winded and my legs feel like jelly ... so baby steps there as well. Right now I'm shooting for at least 2 5 min sessions a day; then Sunday I'll increase to 8-10 min, maybe try for 3 a day.
    Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • bmeadows380

TODAY'S GOALS

-get a 30 minute elliptical session in
    - do an aerobics session at lunch time
    - stick to my deficit
    - try not to over-caffeinated today so I can actually sleep tonight.......

so far so good on the caffeine part; we'll see when I hit the hay in a bit. I had wanted to get in an upper body resistance workout this evening, but by the time I got back home from a grocery run and pharmacy run on the other end of the county, then came home and got dishes done, egg rolls wrapped, and a few other odds and ends, I don't have the time. So that will be on tomorrow's goal list!

• tinkerbellang83

Didn't get as much as I wanted done yesterday so some will have to be deferred to Wednesday as I'm in the office today.

Tuesday 31st March Goals/To Do List
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Meditation
    > Laundry

Wednesday 1st April Goals/To Do List
    > C25K Session (Week 2, Day 1)
    >10000 Steps
    > Strength Training (maybe)
    > Yoga
    > Meditation
    > Take glass to recycling bins
    > Drop work post off to P.O.
    > Pick up some change bags from bank

• bmeadows380
    TO DO
    2 elliptical sessions
    fold and put away my clothes
    aerobics video
    upper body routine
  • Jackie9003
    Yesterday I managed to log everything and so far so good today too.
    @bmeadows380 I need to put away my clothes too, I ironed them on Sunday and left them in the bedroom so now each night I go to bed they're taunting me so thanks for the reminder :D
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    To Do List for April 1, 2020
    Must Do List --
    Log everything in MFP
    Drink at least 6 water
    Do at least 2 sets of 5 minute walk

Need To Do --
    Put away clothes
    Start to declutter closet
    Run errands: deposit cks, pay Home Depot, get fresh fruit & veg
    Call Sis & Bro about funeral home bill

Like To Do --
    Work in yard doing cleanup for a bit
    Box up DGD's stuff in Living Room

Well, I looked at my lists above and realize it's all doable ... if I'd just get busy. Soooooo, why is it what I really want to do is go take a nap? LOL Have been getting a lot of headaches this past month and, usually, I only get 3-4 a year and they are usually allergy related. I don't sleep well to begin with and these headaches have interfered with that. So I had my DGD (darling granddaughter) buy me some Tylenol PM hoping it would help with the headache and help me sleep. No headache this morning, Thank You Jesus!! but, still didn't sleep well. Basically slept in 2 hour chunks. Hopefully, tonight will be better.
    Ok, heading in to put away my laundered clothes. Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • tinkerbellang83

Wednesday 1st April Goals/To Do List
    > C25K Session (Week 2, Day 1)
    >10000 Steps

> Strength Training (maybe)
    > Yoga
    > Meditation
    > Take glass to recycling bins
    > Drop work post off to P.O.
    > Pick up some change bags from bank

Wasn't feeling great Thursday & Friday so just focused on getting outside for some fresh air and doing the minimum necessary outside of work/housework.

Saturday 4th April Goals/To Do List

> 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Strength Training
    > Laundry
    > Hoovering
    > Meditation
    > Ecobricking and/or Tshirt Bag sewing