Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    My goal is to make it thru another day...sometimes hour by hour....

Hopefully by now you've achieved that 4 times, so that's a great day!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My goal is to make it thru another day...sometimes hour by hour....

Hopefully by now you've achieved that 4 times, so that's a great day!

Yep, one more day in my journey to a healthy weight...some days are harder than others...every morning I pray I will eat right one more day!....and then the good days start adding up!....today was a good one!...I kept busy,nourished my body with healthy food and moved around more cleaning in the garage....you hang in there, too!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    To Do List for Thursday, May 21

Must Do List --
    Eat Mindfully & Drink 8 water & Log everything in MFP
    Do 15 minute Richard Simmons stretches
    Do 30 min chair yoga routine
    Dining Room -- declutter, vacuum, mop floor -- still decluttering
    Dining Room ceiling fan -- Glass Housing (Sec1, Sec2, Sec3), medallion, blades - blades in process

Need To Do --
    Clean cupboards above stove/ref -- Cup1, Cup2, Cup3
    Organize Closet -- just need to START!!

Like To Do --
    Get outside at least 15 minutes: yard work, run errands, etc
    .... bought a Trillium plant at Farmer's Market on May 2; still need to plant

All of the above is more of a wish list at this point. I live in Midland MI which if you haven't heard has been devastated by a 500 year catastrophic flood. We had over two days of extremely heavy rainfall. This on top of it already being flood season for us. We live downstream of 5 dams. The northern most dam was overflowing. The second also. The third and fourth breached entirely. The closest dam held but had full berm failure. This sent an unbelievable historic level of water onto us. My city evacuated more than 11,000 people safely. No reported deaths; minimal injuries thus far.

I went over two days with no sleep monitoring all the emergency sites, news reports, etc. to keep track of the flooding and evacuations. My brother was part of the first group evacuated and he moved to a daughter's home and they were evacuated about 3 hours later. They all moved to another daughter's house. I sent my granddaughter and her three dogs to her aunt's home about 30 miles east of us which would keep her out of harm's way. I had my car packed for my cat and I and in the driveway (in case of loss of power and garage not open). So, if it became necessary, I'd be ready to evacuate. I had a route planned with no bridges to ensure I'd not get stopped because of water over the road or bridges out. Luckily for me, the water crested at 35 feet (a 500 year historic record) so I did not need to evacuate. My water, power, and sewer are fine and fully functional. A true blessing!!

My brother estimates his home has at least 5 feet of water inside it. Governor Whitmer came to Midland yesterday, did an aerial tour of the devastation over many miles and several counties. Declared a State of Emergency. Graciously praised our Emergency teams for all their preplanning and for the ongoing evacuation efforts.

Now we are in a waiting game. Flood waters have to recede enough that damage assessments can be started. Then recede even more before homeowners can get in to assess their damages and start the recovery process. We're also praying that the dam closest to us, Sanford Dam, does not collapse. Recovery will be a very long process.

Please send your prayers to all those impacted by the dam failures and the resulting flooding in Gladwin County, Clare County, and Midland County. Thank you. <3
  • conniewilkins56
    Good thoughts sent your way...
  • conniewilkins56
    A goal without a plan is just a wish!.......I love this quote
  • cesse47
    edited May 2020
    To Do List for Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Must Do List --
    ON HOLD --- Dining Room -- declutter, vacuum, mop floor -- still decluttering
    Dining Room ceiling fan -- Glass Housing (Sec1, Sec2, Sec3), medallion, blades - blades in process

ON HOLD --- Need To Do --
    Like To Do --

#1 PRIORITY -- Do Laundry for Brother
    #2 PRIORITY -- Go to emergency distribution centers to pick up water, food, bedding, PPE, any cleaning supplies available, sanitizer spray for house walls etc, work gloves, 5 gal buckets, etc

The Plan: Do stretches. work in Dining Room do laundry. Do yoga. do laundry work in Dining Room. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Do 5 min walking program. work in Dining Room. Play on computer for a bit ... do 15 minute chore (DR - ceiling fan/light) ... repeat. do laundry

So, in the week since the flood, I've gained 9 lbs. It is what it is. First, stress and anxiety eating while waiting to find out who was next in the evacuation, while worrying about my older brother and his family as they were evacuated early in the process. Then, the major flooding which became a 500-year event., Then the aftermath. Little sleep; lots and lots of grazing from morning to night. Then, the disbelief seeing Sanford completely underwater to the rooflines of all the buildings in town ... more eating. Finally, the cleanup begins ... muck boots, masks, gloves, ... more stress and anxiety eating. Those not affected brought food and drinks -- pizza, fried chicken & potato salad, mega meat subs, lasagna, pop -- several times throughout the days as cleanup occurred. Brother's house was under 5-7 feet of water which means everything had to go unless it could be put in a clothes or dish washer ... right down to the studs on the house. More food, pop, chips ... to keep energy levels high. So the house is now gutted. Heartbreaking to see all their antiques, treasured items mounded on the outlawn. Now, I've got about 20 garbage bags of laundry to do ... so that will keep me at home where I can better control my eating and drinking. Thank God!! So, now, start again!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    cesse47 wrote: »
    So, in the week since the flood, I've gained 9 lbs. It is what it is. First, stress and anxiety eating while waiting to find out who was next in the evacuation, while worrying about my older brother and his family as they were evacuated early in the process. Then, the major flooding which became a 500-year event., Then the aftermath. Little sleep; lots and lots of grazing from morning to night. Then, the disbelief seeing Sanford completely underwater to the rooflines of all the buildings in town ... more eating. Finally, the cleanup begins ... muck boots, masks, gloves, ... more stress and anxiety eating. Those not affected brought food and drinks -- pizza, fried chicken & potato salad, mega meat subs, lasagna, pop -- several times throughout the days as cleanup occurred. Brother's house was under 5-7 feet of water which means everything had to go unless it could be put in a clothes or dish washer ... right down to the studs on the house. More food, pop, chips ... to keep energy levels high. So the house is now gutted. Heartbreaking to see all their antiques, treasured items mounded on the outlawn. Now, I've got about 20 garbage bags of laundry to do ... so that will keep me at home where I can better control my eating and drinking. Thank God!! So, now, start again!!

Even with all the food you're describing, I'd be willing to bet you didn't eat 31500 calories over maintenance in a week and gain 9lbs of fat. A good portion of it is likely sodium, carb and stress related water retention.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Think I had a stomach bug over the weekend, so wasn't very productive over the last week or so, just did the bare minimum

Weds 27th

Fitness
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga/Foam Rollering

Wellbeing
    > Meditation
    > Gratitude Diary

Nutrition
    > 5 portions of fruit & veg
    > 3 portions of protein
    > Vitamins & Minerals
    > Stay Hydrated

Cleaning
    > Laundry
    > Clean dishwasher

Organising/Oddjobs
    > Update food planning
    > Update Olio listing
    > Grocery Shopping

Fun
    > Set up quiz
  • cesse47
    To Do List for Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Must Do List --

Like To Do --

#1 PRIORITY -- Do Laundry for Brother
    #2 PRIORITY -- Go to emergency distribution centers to pick up water, PPE, any cleaning supplies available, sanitizer spray for house walls, work gloves, 5 gal buckets, etc

The Plan: Do stretches. work in Dining Room do laundry. Do yoga. do laundry work in Dining Room. Go to distribution center. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Do 5 min walking program. work in Dining Room. Play on computer for a bit ... do 15 minute chore (DR - ceiling fan/light) ... repeat. do laundry
  • cesse47
    @tinkerbellang83 I hope you are right. I've worked so hard since lockdown started to establish new eating habits, drinking more water, etc in an effort to get a healthier lifestyle established ... while also losing weight. I was so excited when I hit the 20 lb loss mark. To have almost half of it back was so demoralizing. So, it is what it is and I'm ready to do what I need to do to get back to losing.

Hope you're feeling better today!! 👋
  • cesse47
    To Do List for Thursday, May 28, 2020

Must Do List --

Like To Do --

#1 PRIORITY -- Do Laundry for Brother (have approx 6 loads to go)
    #2 PRIORITY -- Go to emergency distribution centers to pick up Food, Water, PPE, any cleaning supplies available, sanitizer spray for house walls, work gloves, 5 gal buckets, etc

The Plan: Do Laundry ... Go to Distribution Center. Do stretches. work in Dining Room. Do yoga. work in Dining Room. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Do 5 min walking program. work in Dining Room. Play on computer for a bit ... do 15 minute chore (DR - ceiling fan/light) ... repeat.

I'm getting exercise hauling those heavy bags of wet muddy laundry downstairs and going up and down stairs to do laundry. My calves are sure aching today!! I can't do a lot of the physical stuff out at Brother's house so doing the laundry and running errands is my way of contributing to helping him.

And, amid all of this tragedy is an abundance of grace --- the outpouring of community involvement is astounding ... the overabundance of food, water, supplies and the volunteeers manning our emergency distribution centers is phenomenal ... all of the various work crews organized by United Way, local churches, local businesses, crews from other parts of the state, and crews coming in from other states (from churches, firefighters, Samaritan's Purse, etc).

Another blessing (strange tho it is) is the Pandemic since a large number of people have not been able to go back to work. Instead, they are eager TO DO!! Some wearing masks, some not. Doesn't seem to matter to most ... just ready to get the job done.

So grateful to so many; feeling blessed. Have a good day everyone!! <3
  • cesse47
    To Do List for Saturday, May 30, 2020

Must Do List --

Eat Mindfully & Drink 8+ water & Log everything in MFP
    Do 4 5-minute walks (Step challenge for Fat2Fit group)

Task List ---

Like To Do --

Have finished laundry for my brother and his wife. She is a quilter and the majority was quilts; some clothing. Each load had to be put thru spin cycle first to remove as much river water and silt as possible. Then washed in clear water with 2nd rinse. Then, washed with soap with 2nd rinse. Then, washed again with soap with 2nd rinse. Finally, with the quilts, put thru a final spin cycle. WHEW!! Was really happy that everything cleaned up really well and that the river silt smell was finally gone!

I'm also done doing the supply runs. One of his grandkids is home now for the summer so he is going to pickup that duty.

The June Challenge in my Fat2Fit group is a Step Challenge. My Team Leader says 5 minutes = 500 steps. If I do 4 chunks a day of 5 min each, I'll get in 2000 steps. If I do 2000 steps / day for 5 days, I'll have the 10,000 steps in ... days 6 & 7 will be a bonus. So, I've joined the June step challenge! Hopefully, this will help me get away from emotional and stress eating because of the flood ... and, back to my healthy living plan. The 2nd June Challenge is Jumping Rope ... don't think I'll be participating in that one ... it's just too uncomfortable jumping when you're at my weight. Am really going to push on the Step Challenge though; I really do want to increase my ability to walk comfortable for longer periods of time.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!! <3

• cesse47
    To Do List for Sunday, May 31, 2020

Pretty much ditto to Saturday.
  • cesse47
    To Do List for Monday, June 1, 2020

Must Do List --

Task List ---

Like To Do --

It's JUNE!! The first day. Need to reconnect to the idea that being in the kitchen does not mean getting something to eat. Need to STOP grazing my way through the kitchen. Want to get back to the habit of not eating after 7 pm; that only water is allowed after 7 pm.

Darn it! had this whole post almost done and lost it so am having to redo it. The first effort was brilliant!

OK, I'm done. MAIN GOAL for today ... find things to keep busy so I don't get into bored eating, emotional eating, whatever eating.

Have a great day Y'all. 👋
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    It's V-Day (vacation day!) lol

I need to get a cardio video in because I won't be getting them the rest of the week, then try to get an elliptical session in, wash my dishes, clean out the cat pans, pack the last few things into the truck, call my cousin who is going to house sit, drop my oldest cat off at the vet to board for the week (with his age, he could pass any time, and I don't want to put that stress on anyone who is watching my cats - it would devastate my cousin if he passed away on her), and make sure I text the phone number for the park and our cabin number to my brother and my pastor so someone knows how to reach us if necessary - there won't be cell coverage, though there are places in the park that has wifi. (This is WV so cell coverage is spotty anyway away from the main highways, and I'll be in the national forest here near the Greenbank Observatory which has a 30 miles radio frequency black out zone around it to keep interference away from the big telescope).
  • cesse47
    It's V-Day (vacation day!) lol

I need to get a cardio video in because I won't be getting them the rest of the week, then try to get an elliptical session in, wash my dishes, clean out the cat pans, pack the last few things into the truck, call my cousin who is going to house sit, drop my oldest cat off at the vet to board for the week (with his age, he could pass any time, and I don't want to put that stress on anyone who is watching my cats - it would devastate my cousin if he passed away on her), and make sure I text the phone number for the park and our cabin number to my brother and my pastor so someone knows how to reach us if necessary - there won't be cell coverage, though there are places in the park that has wifi. (This is WV so cell coverage is spotty anyway away from the main highways, and I'll be in the national forest here near the Greenbank Observatory which has a 30 miles radio frequency black out zone around it to keep interference away from the big telescope).

Sounds like a very busy day! Have a great vacation! :)
  • cesse47
    To Do List for Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Must Do List --

Task List ---

Like To Do --
    Need to do several things outside: plant trillium; trim forsythia; trim lilac; put support fence around peony; trim rose bush; weed West side of house; weed East side of house; weed North side of house.

Today is trash day so need to get bins to curb. Have several errands today. I'd like to go to home/garden section to get a support fence for my peonies. Almost double height of previous years and the buds are enormous. When it flowers the weight will pull the stems over without support.

Governor has lifted most restrictions so I'm free to leave as I choose ... but think I'll still stick close to home most of the time since I do fall into the "vulnerable" category. I am looking forward to having one meal out at a restaurant soon.

Should be a beautiful day; looking forward to opening windows again. Have a great day! 👋
  • tinkerbellang83
    Wrote a To-Do list Friday and then accidentally browsed to another site before posting, so I kinda gave up on a list for the weekend. Got a bit of a heatwave going on this Bank Holiday so just enjoyed a bit of walking and some sun.

Tuesday 2nd June To Do List

Fitness
    > 5000 Steps
    > Yoga

Nutrition
    > 5 portions Fruit & Veg
    > 3 portions Protein
    > Stay hydrated

Wellbeing
    > Meditate
    > Gratitude Diary

Cleaning
    > Laundry
    > Tidy kitchen table/worktops

Oddjobs/Other
    > Zoom meeting for Rowing Committee

• cesse47
    To Do List for Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Must Do List --

Task List ---

Like To Do --
    Need to do several things outside: plant trillium; trim forsythia; trim lilac; put support fence around peony; trim rose bush; weed West side of house; weed East side of house; weed North side of house.

Went to Ace Hardware yesterday and got a tomato cage to use as support for peonies. They cut each of the three rings so I can spread it open. Hoping to install it this morning. I think I'd like to get 3 more; two for other peony bushes that are smaller and will fit within the circles of the cage and the other for my newly sprouted hibiscus. Then I want to go to the Farmer's Market to get some fresh Lake Perch and asparagus ... YUMMM!!

Should be a beautiful day. Have a great day! 👋
  • tinkerbellang83
    Wrote a To-Do list Friday and then accidentally browsed to another site before posting, so I kinda gave up on a list for the weekend. Got a bit of a heatwave going on this Bank Holiday so just enjoyed a bit of walking and some sun.

Tuesday 2nd June To Do List

Fitness
    > 5000 Steps
    > Yoga

Nutrition
    > 5 portions Fruit & Veg
    > 3 portions Protein
    > Stay hydrated

Wellbeing
    > Meditate
    > Gratitude Diary

Cleaning