Week 3
    Friday
    Pw 115.7
    Cw 118.3
    +2.6
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,092 Member
    Options
    OK. I've gained and I'm not surprised a bit. I haven't tracked my food and had no activity last week. I also had some sugar. I'm still sick, but I'm starting to track my food today. I'm still satisfied with my weight and I plan on staying here.
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Julie8468
    Week 3
    PW: 141.4
    Cw: 141.8
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food: on plan
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 10759

I am so glad it is friday. I just want to sleep. I went back to sleep this morning and now I am running late. Weight loss wise, i am doing well. The clothes that had gotten to tight, now fit nicely again.

@lennoncpa maintains are good. are you taking a 3 day weekend? where are you going? have fun. take a jacket lol

@sleepymom5 i am so glad you had a good day. we all need times when it just works and it is not a struggle. and really.... nobody thinks your ridiculous. yes it was in your head. you know that now. work on flipping the script. write the positive script down. read it many times a day. look in the mirror and say it out loud to yourself. it does really work. ohhh no, the knuckle buster got someone again. they should really outlaw that beast! that is what he said, the chiro guy. that after the initial plan of 3 x a week for 4 weeks. then we will reevaluate. so if it is going to help we should see some evidence of it by the 4th week. you surely couldn't prove it to me now. ughhh.

@carlsoda yes!!! yay you!! share your list please!! hey maybe we can do that in september. christmas in december. who do you want to be? i love that idea.

@nstephenson01 yayayayay. the scale is moving in the right direction. good job. and you know what nancy? we have all said that a million times. we are creatures of habit. it is hard to change. but the reason we are all still here is because the only way to fail is to quit! and nancy is not quitter!! yes. agreed about the chiro. i have been to them before as well. i haven't been able to find one that helps. we shall see.

@Mrsbell8well your right those foods are fun. but... i didn't even use it as fun. i used it to hide. working on it.

@ljdanny ohhh yeah. there you go, good job getting back on track after your vacation. good job Teach!!

@pacsnc6 you day sounds relaxing. how is your blind friend doing?

@amytriesww mini vacation. yes.. are you going somewhere? what is your food plan?

@Barbb1557 yeah i hope i get relief too. i am doubtful but hoping and praying for some help. what do you do for your anxiety? how do you calm yourself?

@hope002 good job sticking to your plan. wow and look at your activity for the day. super good job!!

@Moarrein ohhhh no. thats ok. maintenance is a learn process too.

@Julie8468 that is just a baby gain. what will you do this coming week to increase your momentum?

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday
    week 4?
    pw 164
    cw 164.2
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Friday WI

PW: 146.0
    CW: 147.0

(oops Dairy has snuck back into my diet and I can see it with some inflammation)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Morning All..

weight is up but I've been eating some protein bars with dairy and boy I can feel it. I was hoping since it was whey protein it wouldn't both me. Ummm nope. My eyes are so pokey, my sinus's feel awful and I'm sure I am retaining fluid since it doesn't agree with me. So that "experiment" was a total fail. I cannot have dairy period.

Yesterday's food, water and exercise were great and today is almost all planned out.

@cyndiesstuff - so far on my list (when it's Christmas I want to be):
    • 142 lbs
    • running 2 miles x 2 or 3 times a week, yoga 2 times a week
    • consistently eating healthy 90% of the time
    • continue with my daily plan and eating 2 to 2

It's fun to have a goal and a date and enough time to work on it!

Have a great day - back to work :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I was really proud of my self-control yesterday. Working hard to keep it up today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food: Good until evening....
    Water: way over 64
    Exercise: Just PT
    Steps: 5,516

Sometime during the summer last year I noticed I ate so much more than other people when we were at dinners. I was so embarrassed when I realized this. I did turn that around and don't feel that way anymore. I usually leave at least 1/4-1/2 of my dinner on my plate. Well, a similar thing happened last night. I actually did well all day until dinner time. We stayed at the beach until 7 and I hadn't eat since lunch. We hung out and just had cheese, crackers, dips and I just kept eating and eating. I even noticed I was doing it and tried to stop just to notice a little later I was doing it again. At first, I was hungry and I did stop when I noticed I was full. I felt the same way last night when I was driving home as I did the one night I realized how much more I ate then the people we went to dinner with. I was thinking about what I can do to change this behavior this morning. I think when there are snacks lying around I do this. When they are served on trays I can say no, or when they are on a table that I have to go up to it is easier to not do it. Last night we were all sitting around the table and I was actually right next to the table so I didn't have to even get up. Next time I can get up and move somewhere else. But other than that, I just don't know what to do. I tried to concentrate on our conversation, my husband and most of his family are so funny! I was really having fun but that was when I would drift back to eating. Ugh! It really would have been a successful day otherwise.

Weight only down a pound, it actually was down more but I am guessing the sodium and I did have two drinks yesterday too.

We are having guests this weekend until Tuesday. I don't think it will effect my routine too much. I know my nephew in law wants to make dinner one night to thank me. He is actually the chef at our bar. Otherwise, I will be able to check in at least daily. Hope everyone has a great day!

@hope002 I am glad to hear that IF is getting easier. I am afraid to try lol! It is nice to hear that you seem to be liking it. You are doing great and always seem to get awesome workouts in too! Great job!!
    @Moarrein I can't believe you are still sick. I wouldn't worry too much about exercise or weight and concentrate on getting better. Have you gone to the doctor? Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs!
    @Julie8468 That is nothing. Hope all is well. I know you are super busy!
    @cyndiesstuff Sometimes these things take time. Hopefully before the 4 weeks you will start seeing some improvement. Does stress add to your chronic pain? Even though some of your stress was good (new job, wedding, honeymoon and planning) It is stress. You have had a tough week and I am sure the pain adds to your fatigue. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend planned. It is a nice feeling for your clothes to fit as they should. You turned things around even with the struggles you have had.
    @pacsnc6 That is basically maintaining. No worries. Keep going forward!
    @carlsoda It is amazing how your body reacts to dairy. My brother is allergic to the whey protein and has to be super careful reading labels. You have been doing great so that gain must have been from the inflammation. I do love your goals. I need to sit down and seriously think about September and the fall.
    @GingerPwr Always happy to see a post from you! We miss you! Glad you are doing well!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Week 3
    PW: 202.2
    Cw: 201
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    mfld9g2auzkv.jpeg
    Last nights dinner with homemade pizza crust, white sauce, broccolini, shallots, garlic, yellow cherry tomatoes (featured produce), red onion and roasted pine nuts garnished with basil and lemon zest.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone & TGIF! I hope you are all doing well!

Sorry I have been MIA, just not feeling very motivated. I have been getting my workouts in, but my eating has been off. Sometimes I just need a break from calories counting & then I get back on track, that is what I am going through now. Just not into it! The last couple of days, I am feeling ready to get back to business. Time to reset, back to basics.

I will post my weigh-in tomorrow, not sure how I will do, but I will deal with it.

Have a great day & weekend! I have lots going on, all fun stuff! :)
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Friday check in

I spent 3.5 hours driving today. After my car leaked gas yesterday I was still a little nervous traveling 70 mph (the speed limit.) I did a great mom thing, I travelled to my sons apartment to let in Comcast. He writes for a fantasy football league and needed the connection in his new apartment. He is celebrating his 30th birthday.

I treated myself to half a Thai chicken salad at Panera, it was great and I made the healthy choice to get the apple instead of their yummy bread.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well That pizza looks delicious!
    @kirsten11872 I have noticed that you have been doing your workouts so that is good. Give yourself credit for that. As far as eating, maybe make one small change that won't be too hard. Maybe start back on IF or eat a meal that you would have when you were counting calories. You really were doing great before Vegas, you just need to get back to where you were. I know you can do this!
    @timibotkin Congratulations on getting under a big milestone!! Awesome loss my friend!!
    @Barbb1557 That was nice of you to travel to your son's apartment to let in the cable guy! You rock! Love that you were able to make healthy choices at panera too!
    @McKay85 Nice loss! Good luck on your workouts with the trainer!
  • sleepymom5
    edited August 2019
    Options
    d1jes4rzudwm.jpeg

Late weigh in
    @CassieGetsFit2013

Friday's weigh Ins still due
    @hope002

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @DananaNanas
    @kirsten11872
    @Zumba_Luvah

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @twyla77
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Weather is already changing. Getting darker in mornings, the air smells different too. Coming home last night I was shocked to see changing leaves already. It’s been a wonderful summer.
    We’re getting ready for long bike ride this morning, grocery shopping some house cleaning and maybe thrift store with mom.
    Hoping to spend the day at the lake tomorrow before season is over but forecast shows 72 degrees??? I used to go all the time before we got a pool. But I do miss swimming in the lake.
    Have a fun weekend everyone!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    The book I’m reading “Thrive” talks about the effects of stress on our body. Not enough sleep, worry, job, financial demands, relationships can all cause stress. Poor food choices also cause our bodies to work harder to sort and digest sodium, sugars, chemicals.
    Our brains begin to crave proper nutritients to function. We develop brain fog and confusion. In an attempt to rectify all this we crave sugar and carbs in an attempt to feed our brains. It sets up a spiral of overeating and compulsive eating.
    So the answer is to eliminate stress. Some of this feels out of our control but we do have control of what we put into our bodies. He claims 70% of the physical stress is from our food. Our digestive system working overtime to digest too much or poor nutrition options.
    I found it interesting.
    I have to say since I changed my eating habits back in October, I have lost quite a bit of weight, hit my goal, eliminated all medications, had a huge increase in energy, slept better than I have in years and received a promotion...lots of benefits to healthy eating vs dieting.
    My brain has been thinking of so many fun adventures since I quit focusing on dieting.
    Get to your goals ladies! It’s worth it. Do what you have to do. Eliminate foods, call a friend, set yourself up for success, be mindful of what you eat particularly before your weigh in date. Do what you have to do. The up and down in limbo land dieting is exhausting. It drains you to go month after month in the same up and down cycle.
    You can break free and hit your goal. You just have to want it bad enough. Get creative, figure it out and just do it!
This discussion has been closed.