PW: 206
    CW: 205.7

Steps Friday 10,230
    Steps Saturday: 13,788
    Steps Sunday: 1,222
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 Thanks so much! I wanted to add, I saw your before and after photos on another thread and recognized your name from our group. You look amazing! Job well done. I think others in the group would really appreciate if you posted your before and afters here. It is so inspiring. I didn't have the nerve to take before photos in sports bra, etc. I did finally have a lady at church take my fully dressed photo. And I started taking head shots. I carry so much weight in my face and am starting to see a difference there. Have a great day!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @pjshawley if it was the 5’6-5’7 thread things are not quite the same. I started at 242, lost to 173 then gained back to 232. I am starting over. I cleared my streak counter at 1001 days and deleted all of my old weigh ins.

Here is a before/ during/ restart pic

58tysjaqxyok.jpeg

It helps when your before pic is REALLY bad. My daughter had just graduated from basic training and was being flown to her first station in just a few hours. I had been crying all day!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I am such an idiot, and SO glad you posted your photos. I now realize that the lady I was looking at in the other thread was a woman who's photos you were commenting on, and not you. You are very pretty in all 3 photos, and I must say, except for the large numbers written over your head in the last photo, I would not have believed that was your weight.
    I also know how hard it is to maintain that weight loss. It seems like every decade I gain a bunch and lose a bunch. Now that I am 60, I am really going 'for keeps'.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    pjshawley wrote: »
    @Beka3695 I am such an idiot, and SO glad you posted your photos. I now realize that the lady I was looking at in the other thread was a woman who's photos you were commenting on, and not you. You are very pretty in all 3 photos, and I must say, except for the large numbers written over your head in the last photo, I would not have believed that was your weight.
    I also know how hard it is to maintain that weight loss. It seems like every decade I gain a bunch and lose a bunch. Now that I am 60, I am really going 'for keeps'.

I know what you mean! When I lost last time, my husband was working out of town and all I had to focus on we ME ME ME!!! I lost it very easily. Then he came home and was tired of dining out - so I cooked...and I ate! AND I ATE AND ATE!!! We have been having the "we are not spring chickens" discussions lately. We are both trying to get healthy. I felt like I was a slave to the counter. So I started over and it has been VERY refreshing. I feel like my head is in a better place than it has been in over a year.

I lost almost 70 lbs with this challenge before. I know I can do it again!!!! WE CAN ALL DO IT TOGETHER!

Oh, and I promise I'm not a hateful person. I just always have a RBF (resting b!+c# face) in all of my mirror selfies :D

Lastly... I think I will keep taking pics with my weight written on the mirror in dry erase. Great way to know what I am in the pic! Maybe i will smile or smirk next time :p
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I am another who has lost and gained a few times. The silver lining is that you know you can lose the weight, and how to, and every attempt you learn more about your body and weight loss and get a bit more skilled.

The biggest challenge is in learning how to maintain the loss, not regain, as that is the piece of the puzzle that I have not got right in the past. Not knowing that bit demoralised me, delayed me from getting started on losing the weight, as I was worried that it was doomed to go back on no matter what.

But this year was a wake up call, I figured it would take about a year to lose the weight, and that gave me a year to work out a maintenance plan, so I jumped in. And in learning about insulin’s effect and intermittent fasting, I am hopeful this new knowledge and technique will help me maintain once I get there.

Thanks for sharing your story Beka. It is easy for us to talk about our losses, much harder to face up to regain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    pjshawley wrote: »

I get what you are saying about every decade gaining and losing. I am like you, now that I am 55, I am not stopping until I am finished. Then it is for keeps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi all! Just me checking in. These check ins help me a lot. Today is my daughters 3rd wedding anniversary. All day I have been toying with the idea of trying on the dress I wore. I was about the same size at the wedding as when I started in February. Today has been good so far. I stuck to my calories yesterday but I didn’t get a swim in. I am logging my food for the next day before I go to bed the last few nights. Hoping that helps.

Yesterday’s steps: 8,399

@pjshawley congrats on your loss! I am so inspired by all your accomplishments.

@guitargirl55 tomorrow is a new day, you got this!

@Efsim way to go on the loss!

@Beka3695 you can do this again! Your attitude is amazing.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    August target 300,000, More cycling so less days for steps this month.

Jun '19 total 411,642 ~ average 13,721
    Jul '19 total 405,320 ~ average 13,075; Cycle 31.69 miles

01/08 - 12,286 (5.43); Cycle 4.54
    02/08 - 18,160 (8.89); Cycle 0.00
    03/08 - 21,100 (10.32); Cycle 9.46
    04/08 - 8,812 (4.16); Cycle 14.53
    05/08 - 16,983 (8.31); Cycle 0.00
    06/08 - 13,612 (6.65); Cycle 16.21
    07/08 - 17,801 (8.71); Cycle 11.85
    08/08 - 4,594 (2.25); Cycle 6.33
    09/08 - 8,063 (3.57); Cycle 8.49
    10/08 - 15,290 (6.76); Cycle 17.55
    11/08 - 14,222 (6.28); Cycle 5.48
    12/08 - 15,757 (6.96); Cycle 1.28

Aug TD total - 166,380
    Aug average - 13,865
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/12
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 did you try on the dress?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    MAJOR NSV!!!!!

I just looked at my Fitbit heart rate monitor.
    My resting heart rate has dropped 17 beats per minute from its all time highest.

My range has improved from Poor- Fair to Fair- Average. Hoping Average-Good is around the corner.

I am astonished at the heart rate drop!!!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I HAVE POSTED DAY 3 OF THE
    "DID YOU KNOW" SERIES
    9 Ways to Lose Weight That Have Nothing to Do With Diet or Exercise
    PLEASE POP OVER AND TAKE A PEAK

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 did you try on the dress?

Not yet but I think I will on the weekend.
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have not been successful in meeting goals for the past week...
    Steps:
    8/9 20,119
    8/10 8,257 (forgot the Fitbit on the charger and didn't get credit for most of the day😐)
    8/11 5,190
    8/12 10,984
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    No doing so great on my targets. Not managed any strength training this week. thrown a curveball last night and took a 9 hour round trip taking my son to Uni so exercise plan and meal plan for Thursday / Friday out. How are you dong @171lake ?

Not the best last week, but keeping goals in week 2 as well. I had too many outside activities last week.

1. Lose 4 lbs in August (3.5 lbs to go)
    2. Drink 72 oz a day (5 of 7 days)
    3. Exercise 60 minutes a day (3 of 7 days)
    4. Add strength training/body weight exercises (new goal is 3 barre classes a week)
    5. Limit drinking to less than 5 a week (10 last week, because of music festival)
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The last month or so has been a lot easier to make sure I am eating right and drinking right at work..however, effective tomorrow I will be training instead of just assisting with training until the 22nd then again in September :(

This will be the biggest challenge for me since I set my mind to doing better for my health.
    I drink less (can't be running to the restroom while trying to train) and don't have time to snack when I am training. It is typically harder for me to log daily (I forget as I don't enter it as I eat or drink).

My goals for the next 7 working days:
    Drink drink drink....Refill my bottles at least twice a day
    Still have my snack
    Make time to sit and eat lunch instead of eating it on the run
    No fast food!
    De-stress nightly
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Week 1 Step Challenge Results
    We walked a total of 685,022 steps
    Top Steppers
    @ngk2000 107,912 steps
    @kilobykilo 104,212 steps
    @boehle 88,979 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s weigh ins:
    @iamworthy14
    @CA_Underdog

Tuesday’s weigh ins:
    @ShowKitten
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Great day today. I got three 17- 20 minute walks in today. I didn’t get to the pool again. I have to go the next 3 days as I am getting my hair done Saturday and I am not putting my head in the water. Stayed within my calories, so no binges. I have decided Sunday that I will go over my calories a bit. We are celebrating my sons and granddaughters birthdays. We are having 2 cakes and a bbq. I am going to try and get 2 longer walks in that day to give me some extra exercise calories.

Yesterday’s steps: 10,374

@LovebyDraug69 love those goals! Maybe you you could have a small notebook to jot down what you eat at work and enter it in your diary when you get home.

@171lake glad you are going to continue with your goals with some updates. Barre classes sound interesting.

@ngk2000 set some new goals and keep working towards them

@Beka3695 that is awesome! Heart health is so important.
This discussion has been closed.