Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Woohoo 🥳 Nic! Once I hit extra large I felt like a whole new world opened up. Game shirts, sales, choices….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,935 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    You're not getting an inspiring because the Canucks will post 4 shut outs in a row and win the series scoring 4 goals in total!🤔🤯

Fine. I relented and added the inspiring tag because yeah: xl is awesome!😘
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You're not getting an inspiring because the Canucks will post 4 shut outs in a row and win the series scoring 4 goals in total!

I confess to never having understood hockey. I had nephews who played in high school. The only professional hockey game I ever attended, the puck flew over the nets hitting a woman squarely on the forehead. It was a bloody mess with paramedics and ambulance. That was many many years ago. I hope the safety net situation has improved!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 4
    Options
    Sounds traumatic.... like baseball 🤣🤣🤪

Hope the lady was not affected long term! 🤯
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You're not getting an inspiring because the Canucks will post 4 shut outs in a row and win the series scoring 4 goals in total!🤔🤯

Fine. I relented and added the inspiring tag because yeah: xl is awesome!😘

The Oilers are gonna win, but looking forward to a good series :smiley:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    My most recent NSVs:

Being able to comfortably cross either ankle onto the opposite knee without pulling it and being able to sit like that for awhile if I choose to. Also, being able to maintain a squatted position for a more extended amount of time. I was a softball catcher for 10 years growing up, so that's a nice one.

Also, my bathing suit is too big, but that's okay, I only wear it in our pool and hot tub.

And I am moving a good bit more weight at rhe gym than when I started. Combination of things there really: getting stronger and gaining confidence in pushing myself harder.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    congratulations, Nic! So many good things going on. Well earned rewards.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 16
    Options
    Awesome sauce! You're raking in the bonus points! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Awesome sauce! You're raking in the bonus points! :wink:

Ready for the game tonight Pav? This series is giving me palpitations, lol
  • PAV8888
    edited May 16
    Options
    Grrrr. And to think I took back the mean comment I was going to make about the crappy colors of your avatar! 🤬

You're going down baby!

By the least shots fired and goals scored backup of the backup goalie backed offensive powerhouse in the playoffs!🤯🤯🤯🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    ……and outside of Canada and loyal Canadians, we know not whereof you speak.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I thought Nic was in the States Yooly--though she at least has the SEMBLANCE of good taste to pick a Canadian team to support... albeit the WRONG ONE, of course!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Of course, Nic is Canadian and her daughter is a hockey player so …. the sad truth in the states is that outside the northern states (bordering Canada) hockey doesn’t exist. Doesn’t make the nightly sports news, teams aren’t generally known. Might as well be cricket or rugby for all the notice the sport gets. You have to make an effort to follow hockey on cable.

Soccer was a lost sport here too. But with the popularity of women’s soccer stars and proximity to South America where soccer is king, it’s becoming more familiar. Austin actually has a pro soccer team.
    Otherwise it’s exclusively football, basketball, and baseball- pro and college.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Rest of the world football is going to catch on what with big name stars and all.... slowly.

Hockey is awesome you have to admit but more complicated to get to play!

No matter what there will always be more swimmers than scuba divers!🤔
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I am a Canadian, born and raised. Other than a year during the preschool years when we lived in Ontario because my dad was out of work and he went to work for his grandfather's bread company, I lived in and around Edmonton until I was 20 years and moved to the US marry my husband. The Oilers won 5 cups between my birth and my 10th summer, lol. I only vaguely remember the first two (I was 4 and 5 years old), but I most assuredly remember the last 3.

So, I am in the States, but maintain my Canadian citizenship and proud Edmonton (and hockey in general) fandom.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ah... that little cup run! I supposed it would have made an impression :wink:
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited May 18
    Options
    Is this ice hockey that we're talking about? Not proper hockey, as played in every English school since the dawn of time? 😉🧐🤓 Just checkin....
    zwvvvb8n2n79.png
    6bkgdiys48av.png
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Canada 🍁 it’s definitely ICE hockey not proper field hockey. Cause they love the cold 🥶 up there!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    We put ice in your hockey!😉
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Ice hockey is real hockey. The other sort is "field hockey".