• walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:245
    CW: 242.5

Feeling good about this loss and planning a walk for this afternoon. Trying to plan meals ahead as a way to stay on track and avoid snacking on less healthy foods.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    Sep Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 135.4 lbs
    CW: 136.0 lbs

So very happy about this despite the "gain" Yesterday I was 140.2, so I will definitely take this. And hopefully I can control myself this week and see 134 on the scale for the first time ever in my adult life, hopefully, I think I've been going through some self sabotage lately, I tend to do it when I get close to my goal and that is something I really need to work on.

You can do it!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sat 14 Sept

Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes

Comments - knew it was too good to be true - had a good week, kept control and did my exercise and then my daughter and family came over unplanned. Lovely to see them but boy oh boy did I blow it tonight! Crisps, chocolate and alcohol- feel so cross now I’ve eaten it 😖
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 14 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 10 mins on exercise bike - moderate pace
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

I think my Fitbit is on the fritz. It is posting exercise and calories burned when I did no such exercise. Yes, I walk at school, and to/from my car, and I do some yard work outside, but not as many calories as the fitbit says. It can't be accurate.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday (Sept 14)

Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no

Comments: although I was over my calory limit, I'm very-very proud of myself. Had unexpected guests today and had some sweet sparcling wine with them I ONLY ate carrots. Not any sausages nor cheese nor potato chips. Just plain carrots 😇🥕🥕🥕🐇 that's first one for me o:)
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Gadgetgirl259

September Week 2

PW: 164.2
    CW: 164.0
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In: Monday
    PW: 285.8
    CW: 286.2
    So sorry I’m late. Attending a funeral - tough week
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Weight training, Cleaning and repairing gutters, went for a long walk with my wife and Harley my dog down by the river had a great time.
    Made meals ready for the week and froze them. Tomorrow is a day off and to take it easy Hope everyone has a great weekend
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: yes
    ✅Exercise: 122 minutes running at 11 min/mile pace. 20 minutes warm up & cool down

Comments:

I'm so happy! My run went really great. I planned well in advance as far as my eating went, so although my calories were above what I have set in MFP (I don't have premium where you can set different calorie goals on different days), they were still within my planned limits for the day. When I do a big run like that, I NEED to eat back enough to help me recover or I will feel like crap for two days.

I started my morning with some keto coffee which never fails to give me adequate energy for a run. But I also did another experiment. I wanted to see what would happen if I ate peanut m&m's during my run. I don't eat a general low carb diet because I don't like carbs, I do it because I LOVE carbs and I want to learn how to control and use them to my personal benefit and pleasure. To give me strength instead of zapping it. To bring me joy and satisfaction instead of guilt. So last week when I did my run fasted, black coffee only, I was struggling from the first step. I was starving. I could feel it. This week, fueled by coffee with fat added, I started feeling really good...and I wasn't hungry at all. On my fasted run, about 50 minutes in is when I felt my body make a turn for the worse. I felt like my body was screaming for some kind of fuel at that moment, so I took a note of it. So yesterday at the 50 minute mark, even though my run was strong and I was feeling great, I put an m&m in my mouth. From that 50 minute mark the rest of my run would be primarily uphill. It tasted awesome and I loved being able to eat one of my favorite candies knowing I would be burning it off before my run even ended but also felt good knowing that I didn't NEED to eat it. So I ate one M&M every 10 minutes until my run was over. It was awesome. I really feel like it added something more to my run. Definitely something to look forward to! I brought 50 grams with me, but only ended up eating 22 grams (around 7 or 8 m&m's). Even though I burned off enough energy to eat all of them, I wasn't even tempted to, because they had a purpose, and they had served it. All of my long runs this year have been fueled by coffee plus fat. Some were good, some were a little harder. The BIGGEST difference between this run and all the others was my energy level AFTER the run. I felt GREAT. I STILL had tons of energy and felt like I could have easily ran another two miles at the same pace. Normally after a long run, I'm just dead. Even though this was my longest run so far this year, it was also my best one. So next week I will be bringing my m&m's and hoping for a similar result.
  • Ver9nika
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

✅Exercise: 122 minutes running at 11 min/mile pace. 20 minutes warm up & cool down

Comments:

I'm so happy! My run went really great. I planned well in advance as far as my eating went, so although my calories were above what I have set in MFP (I don't have premium where you can set different calorie goals on different days), they were still within my planned limits for the day. When I do a big run like that, I NEED to eat back enough to help me recover or I will feel like crap for two days.

I started my morning with some keto coffee which never fails to give me adequate energy for a run. But I also did another experiment. I wanted to see what would happen if I ate peanut m&m's during my run. I don't eat a general low carb diet because I don't like carbs, I do it because I LOVE carbs and I want to learn how to control and use them to my personal benefit and pleasure. To give me strength instead of zapping it. To bring me joy and satisfaction instead of guilt. So last week when I did my run fasted, black coffee only, I was struggling from the first step. I was starving. I could feel it. This week, fueled by coffee with fat added, I started feeling really good...and I wasn't hungry at all. On my fasted run, about 50 minutes in is when I felt my body make a turn for the worse. I felt like my body was screaming for some kind of fuel at that moment, so I took a note of it. So yesterday at the 50 minute mark, even though my run was strong and I was feeling great, I put an m&m in my mouth. From that 50 minute mark the rest of my run would be primarily uphill. It tasted awesome and I loved being able to eat one of my favorite candies knowing I would be burning it off before my run even ended but also felt good knowing that I didn't NEED to eat it. So I ate one M&M every 10 minutes until my run was over. It was awesome. I really feel like it added something more to my run. Definitely something to look forward to! I brought 50 grams with me, but only ended up eating 22 grams (around 7 or 8 m&m's). Even though I burned off enough energy to eat all of them, I wasn't even tempted to, because they had a purpose, and they had served it. All of my long runs this year have been fueled by coffee plus fat. Some were good, some were a little harder. The BIGGEST difference between this run and all the others was my energy level AFTER the run. I felt GREAT. I STILL had tons of energy and felt like I could have easily ran another two miles at the same pace. Normally after a long run, I'm just dead. Even though this was my longest run so far this year, it was also my best one. So next week I will be bringing my m&m's and hoping for a similar result.

Super well done! 🏅
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in

Username: Kin59vara
    Week: September week 3
    Weigh-in day: SUNDAY
    PW =164.8
    CW= 164.9
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 13240
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Sunday, 15 September

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 2hrs was walking & 10 minutes on exercise bike - moderate pace
    💬Comments: Today I bought a big tub of whey protein powder (Belgian chocolate flavour). I haven’t been getting enough protein in my diet and I’ve been feeling hungry and snacking on unhealthy stuff. I’ve only had one shake so far but I’m not feeling hungry and I don’t feel like snacking. I’m hoping that drinking a couple of shakes each day will help me feel fuller.
    r45vspgexyvw.jpeg
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Small gains the last 2 days. Waiting for the drop again. Maybe not enough fiber.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    Sep Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 135.4 lbs
    CW: 136.0 lbs

So very happy about this despite the "gain" Yesterday I was 140.2, so I will definitely take this. And hopefully I can control myself this week and see 134 on the scale for the first time ever in my adult life, hopefully, I think I've been going through some self sabotage lately, I tend to do it when I get close to my goal and that is something I really need to work on.

You got this
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    walk4today wrote: »
    Username: walk4today
    September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:245
    CW: 242.5

Feeling good about this loss and planning a walk for this afternoon. Trying to plan meals ahead as a way to stay on track and avoid snacking on less healthy foods.
    Nice loss
    Gadgetgirl259

September Week 2

PW: 164.2
    CW: 164.0
    Nice
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In: Monday
    PW: 285.8
    CW: 286.2
    So sorry I’m late. Attending a funeral - tough week
    Sorry for your loss.
    143tobe wrote: »

Comments:

Well done
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 14th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,550 steps

Daily Post: September 15th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Rest day

I was going to go for a walk outside but it was just too hot. I am really ready for fall.

• Ver9nika
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday (Sept 15)

Track: no
    Calories: yes, should be
    Exercise: no

Comments: had guests, ate healthy
This discussion has been closed.