Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    benbowers wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm Ben and from the UK.

My goal is to lose weight so I can enjoy my long distance running again.

I have a marathon planned for the end of October so hoping to lose a good amount of weight by then, but happy with any loss.

Currently I weigh 206lbs.

My diet is all over the place, with a busy job, two young children and another on the way, life is pretty hectic!

Welcome Ben to Team Slimsons, we all have hectic lives but I am ROOTING for you to meet the goals you set for yourself so you will complete your marathon.👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ellylh1827 wrote: »
    Morning from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'm Eleanor I'm 45 and been overweight all my adult life.

Various reasons why but more important is the why I've now decided enough is enough.

There has been a mental shift and I know I can get it off, there's a surity if that makes sense.

I've lost 2stone 9lbs so far.

Back at the gym and going for a 3 mile walk every evening round our local loch. Plus rehearsals have started back so I'm dancing 2 1/2 - 3 hrs a night twice a week. I'm in panto and determined im not being fat on stage this year....for the 12th year running.

I've just climbed a Graham and climbing a munro next week.

I love walking and hill walking but I need to be fitter so I can climb all the munroes I want to.

Good luck everyone.....let's smash this❤❤

Welcome Eleanor to Team Slimsons, all I can say is WOW! You're already smashing your goals so I know you'll definitely be a great addition to this group especially with an attitude and motivation like yours. ROOTING FOR YOUR SUCCESS!!👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 17168

GOALS
    I know that I am supposed to track so why don't I do it!

Lol we all get side track, I know it's an excuse but I've been there so just say "I'll do better tomorrow" before you know it you'll be tracking even when you don't want to.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Hi Slimsons 👋🏻

I’m Avril, 29 from the UK and I’ve been on the team for around 5 or 6 months. I started out weighing 184lbs in February this year, when I was 3 months postpartum. I have lost almost 44lbs in 6 months and I’d like to lose another 6lbs which would take me to my goal of 134lbs. MFP has been a great help and I don’t think I could have lost the weight without using the app. Everyone on The Slimsons has been very supportive which I appreciate; we’re a great team!

🌟Goals for September🌟

Lose 6lbs to reach my ultimate GW
    Walk more
    Stop eating chocolate completely (once I start, I can’t seem to stop)
    No more eating leftovers
    Do my Daily Post every single day and participate more in the group
    Track daily, and stay within my calorie allowance (No more excuses!)

I won’t allow myself to go back to the way I was before. I want to be fit and healthy not only for me, but for my baby son too.
    a3bumypu94el.jpeg

Welcome back Avril and what an inspiring testimonial to your strength since February. So proud of your success on your journey and I'm sure you'll continue to smash your goals.🎉🎉🎉😍😍😍😍👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Looking forward to continuing my weight-loss journey and the support from this group and the challenge itself. Good luck to all and be healthy!.

Welcome back to the team and I'm sure you'll continue to accomplish your goals. YOU GOT THIS! 👍🏾👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Hi All!

I’m Beth and I’ve been on the Slimsons since January. I’ve taken off July and August with my kiddos home for the summer. They started back this week and that means I start back too!

I put on about 7 lbs, I could have done far worse so I’m not unhappy. Hopefully some of that will fall off quickly.

I’m still about 40 lbs down since January. Still taking Taekwondo which I started the end of April. Now I just need to get my mind back to where it was in the beginning of the year!

Best wishes to all!!

Hey Beth Welcome back! I am sure now that the kiddos are back in school with your determination you'll have no trouble getting back on track. Glad to see you still keeping up with the Taekwondo.👍🏾👍🏾😍😍
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Hi team. My name is Vicky, and I joined this team in Jan. Such a really wonderful group of supportive people.
    A little about me. I’m (almost) 45 married with two teenage (almost adult) boys. My favorite form of exercise is to jog/run. And I have been struggling a lot. These past few months. But it’s sept 1st and I’m ready to get back at it

Welcome back Vicky, it's good to see you'll also getting back on track. I'm sure you will accomplish your goals you set for yourself this month.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    sdpfzv9h7gtk.jpeg
    jbrcf9ejitqe.jpeg
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Hi team!

I participated in spring and missed you ever since!

Ashley @AB0215, whose input to this group cannot be measured nor appreciated enough!

Gloria, @gjaholy33 whose motivational posts had saved me many days from diet-cheating

Also hi to everyone else I've "met" here previously and hopefully see you again: @batgirl140 @CINDYKNC1963 @gemwolf110 @vicky2767 @IanMoone30 @digger61 etc etc etc

Also big Hello to new teammates! <3

My cw is 242lbs. I don't have the goal weight, every lbs gone makes me happy. I try to follow food plan (calory restrictions)

Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes + watermelon
    Exercise: chores around the house

Comments: lovely day. Actually for the 1st time in my life I had tears in my eyes as I was sooo thankful for the life I have <3

Welcome back we miss you. All we can do is take one day at a time and hope for the best. ROOTING FOR YOU AND YOUR GOALS THAT YOU SET FOR YOUR JOURNEY! 😍👍🏾
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 188.4
    CW: 185.1

Wheeeee....I finally broke through that plateau I was going through in August. For about 4 weeks I was between 187 and 189. I think going back to my 10,000 steps a day helped.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes UNDER ( but the weight was up!)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 11404

GOALS:
    I paid attention to tracking!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS IT'S DAY 2!

MOTIVATION TIP FOR TODAY: WATER💧

As you know I am very on top of drinking water. It took a long time for me to remember to get my daily dose in but as I gave been struggling for many years and still struggling to get down to the 300s I know in order to meet my goals, drinking water makes a big difference on this journey. So no matter what your journey is try to set a goal of drinking at least one glass of water every hour. In nothing else try to drink a glass or two as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep.

je91i3h44tm9.jpg

Have a blessed and productive day! ❤❤

-Glorious Gloria

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes a little over 1000 but still under my goal
    Exercise no
    Goals/comments
    So I've been so frustrated lately but glad I did not overeat. So I was supposed to start swimming this week and low and behold Friday I find out on the way to my dentist appt that the Elevator will be down for a week so now I'm confined to my house so squats it will be on my Total Fit Gym I just only can do 5 minutes which estimate to 100 squats so a little frustrated as working out in the pool I would be able to burn more calories and workout longer. But still staying positive that I have other options 👍🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 188.4
    CW: 185.1

Wheeeee....I finally broke through that plateau I was going through in August. For about 4 weeks I was between 187 and 189. I think going back to my 10,000 steps a day helped.

l250wdc4qacs.png

So proud of you!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes UNDER ( but the weight was up!)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 11404

GOALS:
    I paid attention to tracking!

m2a3bimd1vv6.png
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tennisquilter
    Sept week 1 weigh in
    PW 252
    CW 245
    Total 34 pounds
    Even though last week the scale said 252, this is not a one week loss! For all of August I was stuck on 252, I started the month convinced it would be a week or two at most before I was in the 240s and for me that was a big psychological deal. Instead the scale didnt budge and I had to convince myself to keep going even though my brain was saying what’s the use. I would come here and read of the struggles and victories of my teammates and decide, just for another day I can do this. Sundays I would have trouble getting to sleep dreading the Monday weigh in. But yesterday, I wore a dress and I knew that no matter what the scales said I was getting fitter. So thank all of you who have been willing to share your journeys!
    The first of Oct, we are going to a concert and my goal is to attend the concert wearing a tunic that my husband bought for me last year which did not fit.
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday, sept 1
    Tracking yes
    Nutrition yes. Lots of veggies and fruit
    Exercise day of rest
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I was a member of team Slimsons a while back, but honestly, no idea when or how long ago that was. About 4 months ago I reached my long time goal weight of 143 lbs and had maintained it for the most part (plus or minus a few). If this photo goes through, you will see my weight graph starting from 2012. At my highest weight I was 218 lbs (early-mid30's). I felt awful, I could feel the fat squeezing my internal organs, I felt so strained to exercise or even walk. My whole teen and younger adult life my "set point" was around 165. Although heavy, I was always very active and felt like I was in good physical condition. (I'm 5'4") The weight gain happened when I moved to Germany and started having kids at about age 30. I was very depressed and I never felt comfortable in my surroundings, so I rarely left the house. I was less than sedentary, I was a slug. Well, my brother in-law who was only 3 years older than me had a heart attack and that was the wake-up-call I needed. After that I became active in MFP and although it's taken me what, 6-7 years? I finally reached my goal. I felt GREAT.

What I want now is to lose an additional 10 lbs from that 143 weight, be 133. Except right now I am not only in a rut, I am once again falling back into some kind of emotional depression. If I go based on my graph, I am due to gain several pounds before dropping again. And I can already see it happening. When I am really motivated, I can diet so "good", but when I'm at a point where I feel like something is bringing me down, I find comfort in food. Eating lots and lots of food.

So this is why I'm here. Joining this challenge. I hope to avoid another weight gain and get on top of it for another weight loss before that happens. I am SO happy to be on team The Slimsons again. The two team captains are SO motivating, inspiring and encouraging.

Just gotta put this out there... When I weighed in on Saturday for this challenge, I was 145.6 (I think). That was already me coming off of two bad high carb days. Sunday (yesterday) should have set me back to a lower weight this morning (I do not do strict keto, but do low carb), but instead I had another setback at a family BBQ (which actually wasn't too bad) but the real setback came due to an argument (a disappointment really) that I had with my husband on the long drive home. It left me feeling gutted and of course, being a carbohydrate addict, I tried to fill up that void with all kinds of carbs. So today, the scale went up to 147.6.

SO. When I joined this challenge on Saturday, it was not my intention to be a Debbie Downer! I was actually feeling very happy, motivated and ready to go! And I promise I will not always be a D.D., but just had to get this all off my chest since it's still kind of literally weighing me down right now. I am actually training for a half marathon on October 3rd and have actually been killing it lately in the running department. I look forward to sharing more of that journey later, as well as how I've managed to lose the weight that I have. I think I've shared enough for now :D

I did read every comment written in here up until now and I am so happy to meet (or be reacquainted to) you all!

hjri3mn3th41.png
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @Handlesgone only one cupcake? Good for you. I would have a hard time stopping once I start.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS IT'S DAY 2!

MOTIVATION TIP FOR TODAY: WATER💧

As you know I am very on top of drinking water. It took a long time for me to remember to get my daily dose in but as I gave been struggling for many years and still struggling to get down to the 300s I know in order to meet my goals, drinking water makes a big difference on this journey. So no matter what your journey is try to set a goal of drinking at least one glass of water every hour. In nothing else try to drink a glass or two as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep.

je91i3h44tm9.jpg

Have a blessed and productive day! ❤❤

-Glorious Gloria

Thank you for this!! I am going to set my Fitbit notifications to remind me to drink water every hour! Hopefully my bladder can handle the 3 hours and 45 minutes in class before I get my lunch break!😲
This discussion has been closed.