Replies

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 13017 steps
    Comments: Not sure if it is waiting for grandbaby to arrive and being on alert to watch older grandchild, change in eating after traveling or a real illness but my stomach was upset last night which does curb one's appetite!

Wow! Waiting for a new baby could give anyone a nervous stomach. Congratulations! Is the baby here?? o:)
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    eromligyppah
    Weekly Weigh-in
    October Week 4

PW - 206
    CW - 206
    Didn't gain or lose so that's good. Hurt my foot last weekend stepping in a hole in the yard, and that messed up my training a bit. Gotta let it heal for the race. Then some rest then time to kick butt again.

I used to twist my ankle all the time back in high school. My basketball coach used to say, "You can play with pain, but not an injury.". Take care not to make it worse.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post - Thursday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise Does cooking for four hours count?

Tomorrow, my 5 sisters, 4 nieces, and one great niece are going to a lake cabin for our annual sister's weekend. We've been doing this for seven years now, except for one year when my one sister was going through cancer treatment. It's something we all look forward to. Only problem...there's always soooo much food and goodies. I'm packing my own so hopefully I can avoid the temptation. Either way, we will have a great time.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Question of the Week:

Another 2 parter:
    What was the reason you started losing weight and has that reason changed since you've started?
  • AB0215
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes,. 52 mins weight training, 30 mins walking, 30 mins elliptical, 10 mins stair climber

Comments: Day 4 was a successful day. Hoping tomorrow goes smoothly.
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Daily post Thursday
    Track ✅
    Calories over
    Exercise none

It’s days like this that I generally would just say screw it and not track but I forced myself even though I was over on calories. It’s a start!
  • 143tobe
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Daily post Thursday
    Track ✅
    Calories over
    Exercise none

It’s days like this that I generally would just say screw it and not track but I forced myself even though I was over on calories. It’s a start!

Tracking on these days can hurt a little but it's so important that we do it. I hate seeing my calories go into the red, but I realize that I'm less likely to overeat the next day when I do. It's one day, they will happen. The thing that will make the difference in the long run is that our "green" days outweigh our "red" days. Just tracking alone really is a great start! Well done!
  • 143tobe
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Daily Post - Thursday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise Does cooking for four hours count?

Tomorrow, my 5 sisters, 4 nieces, and one great niece are going to a lake cabin for our annual sister's weekend. We've been doing this for seven years now, except for one year when my one sister was going through cancer treatment. It's something we all look forward to. Only problem...there's always soooo much food and goodies. I'm packing my own so hopefully I can avoid the temptation. Either way, we will have a great time.

This sounds like sooo much fun! Of course sticking to our diet plan is always the goal, and we can't overeat or overdue EVERY holiday or special occasion, but I've found that setting limits that are just outside of my diet plan has worked for me on days or occasions like this. For example, a 2 day weekend? I would pack my food as you have planned, and stick to it, but I might set some kind of goal like, the first day I will not stray, but the second day I will allow myself to go over by 600 calories and eat outside my diet plan. That's just an example, but I realize that although I do want to do all I have to to reach my goal weights, I also want to be able to enjoy these moments to the fullest, and yes, sometimes that includes eating something that I know will not benefit my weight loss. We are all so different when it comes to what works for us personally, but over these many years that it's taken me to reach my goals, I've come to realize that when thinking for the long term...learning to incorporate "treat" days or moments, is what will make my diet changes sustainable for me in the long term. I'm not telling you to "cheat", I'm just saying that it's a great feeling setting a limit outside of your limit prior, and then being able to enjoy a treat 100% guilt free. Since I've eliminated guilt and shame from my diet, it's been sooo much better.

Your sister must be young! She's doing better now? Cancer sucks.
  • 143tobe
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

Another 2 parter:
    What was the reason you started losing weight and has that reason changed since you've started?

After I had my kids I just gained so much fat that doing anything was hard. I felt like all my organs were just drowning in it. Even though I was always moderately overweight my whole life, I was active and my heart felt like it was in decent shape. When I reached my high point, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at any moment. Then my brother-in-law who is only three years older than me had a heart attack. It was the wake up call that I needed and it was after this that I finally make the decision and took the steps that I needed in order to lose weight. It's taken me (7?) years to get to this point that I am now, but in the beginning I did lose about 28 lbs that took me out of the "heart attack" zone (from 218-190) and I've never gone over that.

Now...since finally reaching my initial goal weight, my reason for continuing to lose weight is that I realize how much better I feel physically with each pound lost. I wake up feeling light, it's just so much easier to move throughout the day, a lot of the daily pain I had is gone. And although this might sound crazy to some, my running is so much more enjoyable and I'm able to perform better than I ever though I could. Not going to lie, looking in the mirror (while clothed, lol) feels pretty awesome too. I have a new confidence in my body that I never had before. All these feelings and reasons...have all been worth it. Will have been worth it.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, fasted.
    Exercise: Yes 60 mins weight training, 1 hour walking/yard work.

Comments: Day 3 was good. Weird sometimes when I do something extreme that I have doubts about sticking to and it works but yet I can't stick to something simple like limiting my daily calories..which should in theory be easier....but for me it's not. Which is really why I say this a lot, diet is no one size fits all solution, you really have to find what works for you and stick with it.

That is so true!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 11546 steps
    Comments: Went to a school football game with family and had fun
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Daily post Thursday
    Track:yes
    Carbs: on track
    Exercise: no
  • satchel2008
    One thing that sucks about being sick.. I have 0 sense of taste or smell...🙄
  • satchel2008
    Question of the Week:

Another 2 parter:

I started loosing weight because I wanted to look better. It's still a big reason why I want to loose weight but it's no longer the only reason. I want to feel good! Not just feel good with my appearance but to feel energetic and healthy to build my confidence to prove to myself I can do anything I set my mind to! To be able to walk into a room of people and be comfortable in my own skin and not scared of judgment! I'm doing it because I live myself enough to know I'm worth the effort!
  • satchel2008
    So far keto has been pretty good. There have been a few weird side affects but I know it's just my body adjusting to this new way of eating. For the last couple of days I have had a serious sweet tooth which is weird I've always been more of a salty and savory eater but since all sugar has been cut from my diet I just be having some withdrawal lol so far I'm in a pretty positive state of mind and I haven't really felt at all like I'm restricted food wise ( besides the candy bar sugar craving I keep getting lol) excited to see what the next few weeks bring!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Daily check in thur oct 24
    Tracked started to
    Calories ?
    Exercise yes
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Ver9nika
    October Week 4
    PW: 235.9
    CW: 235.9
  • AB0215
    So far keto has been pretty good. There have been a few weird side affects but I know it's just my body adjusting to this new way of eating. For the last couple of days I have had a serious sweet tooth which is weird I've always been more of a salty and savory eater but since all sugar has been cut from my diet I just be having some withdrawal lol so far I'm in a pretty positive state of mind and I haven't really felt at all like I'm restricted food wise ( besides the candy bar sugar craving I keep getting lol) excited to see what the next few weeks bring!

@satchel2008 Withdrawal is weird and something you never think about in that frame of mind even if you weren't a huge fan of sweets to begin with.

I never felt like I was restricted with keto, I love fats and protein so letting go of some of the carbier veggies was not at all a struggle.

Glad to hear it's going mostly smoothly. :smile:
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    I’m going camping this weekend so I was hoping I could do my weigh in today

Vicky2767
    Sat
    Oct week 3
    PW 180.9
    CW 179.4
  • 143tobe
    edited October 2019
    Daily Post Friday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - Arms, abs, running,
    Comments:

My weigh in is tomorrow. I'm nervous. The lunch I ate at work today had hidden pears in it and I just really have no idea how much sugar they put in their curry. Plus, I ate a lot of salt tonight. Ran on the treadmill to get a little sweat going before bed, but then I drank a bunch of water. My weigh is yesterday was good. Hoping it shows up again. :#
This discussion has been closed.