@CindyJNC1963.
    @satchel2008.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @satchel2008. - 2.07%
    2nd - @Dustyspal. - 1.28%
    3rd - @o0kody0o. - 1.07%

And again to @satchel2008 for taking 2nd overall!!!!
    uohume43ad88.gif
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Mowed the yard (1/4 acre) by push mower.

Better today. It's supposed to be 80 so my plan is to run AND ride today. I'm working on being conscious of if I'm eating because I'm hungry or am I bored or stressed. It's definitely a challenge.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Saturday:

Better today. It's supposed to be 80 so my plan is to run AND ride today. I'm working on being conscious of if I'm eating because I'm hungry or am I bored or stressed. It's definitely a challenge.
    It’s so great you are trying to me more mindful of that. I think I am going to copy you and try that too. Good luck.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Saturday:

It’s so great you are trying to me more mindful of that. I think I am going to copy you and try that too. Good luck.

Thank you! My husband mentioned when I'm in deep thought, I tend to eat mindlessly. I am considering changing jobs and it's stressful.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    *October Week 4**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@Dustyspal.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @satchel2008.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @satchel2008. - 2.07%
    2nd - @Dustyspal. - 1.28%
    3rd - @o0kody0o. - 1.07%

And again to @satchel2008 for taking 2nd overall!!!!
    uohume43ad88.gif

This makes me so motivated! Thanks to everyone who has been such an inspiration and support!! I'm excited to see this through to my goal!😊
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Track:yes
    Carbs: on track
    Exercise: no
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Sunday, 27 October

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking (a little over 2.5 miles)
    💬Comments: I still have a cold and I can’t enjoy my food at all because I can barely taste it 😞 Looking forward to my weigh-in later 😊
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes, mostly
    Exercise: 60 mins walking, 30 mins elliptical, 15 mins stair climber, 15 mins stationary bike

Comments: Meal prepped and put some extras in the freezer for later. Did really well and originally I set my calorie goal lower today so if I had a moment of weakness during meal planning (which I didn't) I had room, so I decided to eat a small treat. So all in all, it was a good day and I stuck to the plan.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Sunday
    Track: Yes👍
    Calories: Under by 300🙌
    Exercise: 2.5 mile walk with the hubs. 💋

I am really going to focus on food this week. I need to be cognizant of when I eat and why and make sure I am drinking water every meal and get that water where it is supposed to be.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔ under, but more than I nd planned. Did a little snacking today. Last day at the cabin and I picked a little Halloween candy 🍬
    Exercise ✔ walked and jogged 4 3/4 miles, but lost my driver's license along the way. 😡
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Monday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

Paxton Reese has arrived 7lbs, 10 ounces, 20 inches, Mother and baby well although baby's sugar was high. It was also interesting that Paxton was delivered by the mother of a good friend of my daughter.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@AB0215.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Kin59vara.
    @TwistedSassette.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @jeapri17.
    @o0kody0o.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @mrsjas2000.
    @cydneebauman.
    @Dustyspal.
    @nebslp.
    @skrowe88.
    @eromligyppah.
    @Gadgetgirl259.
    @LadyRN76.
    @Batgirl140.
    @erinmorgan.
    @LiveLaughLove1969.
    @satchel2008.
    @Ver9nika.
    @143tobe.
    @Digger61.
    @vicky2767.
    @walk4today.

This is the last week of the October Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the November Challenge.

The November challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Slimsons (November) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770044/team-the-slimsons-november#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

As the month draws to a close, did you have any NSVs?
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: October, week 4
    👣PW: 139.3
    👣CW: 138
  • AB0215
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »

@o0kody0o Great job, I know it's been a struggle lately, hopefully this little bit of momentum helps keep you on track.
  • o0kody0o
    Options

@o0kody0o Great job, I know it's been a struggle lately, hopefully this little bit of momentum helps keep you on track.

@AB0215 Thank you Ashley 😊 Yeah, I’m happy with that little loss and it definitely will help keep me on track. I need to keep reminding myself that I started out at 184lbs in February and I’m now 138lbs, which is quite an achievement I suppose. I started the month at 138lbs and I’ve ended the month at the same weight. That’s a bit disappointing but I haven’t gained, and I won’t give up. We’ve just got to keep pushing forward ☺️

Question of the Week:

As the month draws to a close, did you have any NSVs?

Yes! Prior to the beginning of my weight loss, I wore a size UK 14/16 in jeans. I picked up a second hand pair of jeans a few days ago in a size UK 8 and they fit me 🎉 I’ll admit that they are slightly tight but I can zip and button them, and that is an awesome feeling!

• AB0215
    Options

@AB0215 Thank you Ashley 😊 Yeah, I’m happy with that little loss and it definitely will help keep me on track. I need to keep reminding myself that I started out at 184lbs in February and I’m now 138lbs, which is quite an achievement I suppose. I started the month at 138lbs and I’ve ended the month at the same weight. That’s a bit disappointing but I haven’t gained, and I won’t give up. We’ve just got to keep pushing forward ☺️
    @o0kody0o Over the course of my journey, there have been several months that I haven't lost anything, several. And sometimes I've gone out of my way to look for a new thing to do to get my body out of the routine, and there were sometimes that I realized later that I was just mentally not ready to keep going and I had to realize that's okay and I have to be okay with that. I think it's important--for sure-- to realize that you have made incredible progress and look great, so it's okay if it's slower now. You will get there, we all will, but giving up isn't going to speed that up.

I'm glad that you've realized those things that really took me soooo long to realize, so much longer than I'd like to admit. I went through so many rough months not losing and not realizing that I have made so much progress and that I have a lot to be happy and proud about, but I just didn't see it, so I'm really happy to hear that you have seen it.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

@o0kody0o Over the course of my journey, there have been several months that I haven't lost anything, several. And sometimes I've gone out of my way to look for a new thing to do to get my body out of the routine, and there were sometimes that I realized later that I was just mentally not ready to keep going and I had to realize that's okay and I have to be okay with that. I think it's important--for sure-- to realize that you have made incredible progress and look great, so it's okay if it's slower now. You will get there, we all will, but giving up isn't going to speed that up.

I'm glad that you've realized those things that really took me soooo long to realize, so much longer than I'd like to admit. I went through so many rough months not losing and not realizing that I have made so much progress and that I have a lot to be happy and proud about, but I just didn't see it, so I'm really happy to hear that you have seen it.

Excellent way to put it. I am going through that right now too. I don't feel like I'm mentally ready to push hard towards my goals right now, but I'm hanging in there. I know I'm not a big participant in this group right now but I feel like it helps keep me from getting way off track again. I still have no desire to ever go back to eating fast food, ice cream and candies again....and maybe that is my big NSV for the month.

• CindyJNC1963
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

October: Week #4

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 182.5
    CW: 182.2

Blerghhh...I was a pound lighter yesterday. Of course I also overrate a bit yesterday too...not a pounds worth I don't think...hahaha.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: October 26th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,668 steps

Daily Post: October 27th

Calories under goal: No, overdid it by about 200 calories
    Exercise: 8,200 steps

Sunday is usually my rest day but I had too many "rest days" last week so I got up and got a 2 mile walk in early in the morning. I finally decided to try Skinny Pop popcorn. Of course it isn't as good as regular popcorn, but for only 100 calories it is decent.
This discussion has been closed.