SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    kdv12 wrote: Β»
    Username:kdv12

Weigh in Day: Monday
    11/4/19
    Previous Weight: 211.9
    Today's Weight: 206.7

WooHoo!!!!! Having my mind renewed and no late nights snacking really helped.

Last year I had been doing really well on my diet, until after Halloween when I went and bought clearance candy and then I didn't quit eating. Stayed away this year. Not going to let holiday eating be excuses anymore!

Awesome! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    1. Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1810) βœ” 1658

2. Get 5,000 steps a dayβœ” 7,321

3. No eating out βœ”

4. Exercise bike for at least 20 minutes a day.βœ” 20 minutes

5. No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) βœ”

Fabulous! πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    So FedEx just delivered my new pickleball shoes. They were supposed to be Navy, instead New Balance sent me Lime Green. Never owned anything lime green. Is it too flashy for an old dude like me? Will I get laughed at? I'm very conservative. But they do feel nice.

o86urgacxqop.jpg

• SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @steplaj Morning! I posted your weight as your starting weight for the month.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    No excuse November my biggest excuse is I just cant. But I can, so I will.

Yes you can! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ™Œ
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Username: Shortgirlrunning
    Weigh-In Day: Monday (11/4)
    Previous Weight: 153
    Today’s Weight: 150.5

A good chunk of that is losing the bloat from TOM. Happy to see the drop though because the bloating was really frustrating me!

Nice loss! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ™ŒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ Posted.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @Nikmar I added you to the step challenge @10K. πŸ‘
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    kdv12 wrote: Β»
    Username:kdv12

Weigh in Day: Monday
    11/4/19
    Previous Weight: 211.9
    Today's Weight: 206.7

WooHoo!!!!! Having my mind renewed and no late nights snacking really helped.

Last year I had been doing really well on my diet, until after Halloween when I went and bought clearance candy and then I didn't quit eating. Stayed away this year. Not going to let holiday eating be excuses anymore!

WOW!! Way To Go!!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @jcgator2016 GO for it! I like the lime green, fun! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    1. Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1810) βœ” 1658

2. Get 5,000 steps a dayβœ” 7,321

3. No eating out βœ”

4. Exercise bike for at least 20 minutes a day.βœ” 20 minutes

5. No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) βœ”

I gave up caffeine last Nov when I was diagnosed with Atrial Flutter. I would drink two cups every morning and one in the afternoon. For years, I only slept 4-4.5 hours every night. Now I'm up to almost 6 hours per night. Not sure if caffeine had anything to do with my sleep, but I don;t miss it.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    @jcgator2016 GO for it! I like the lime green, fun! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

I dunno Sally. But dang they feel good on my feet. It has a built in boot that fits snugly and feels very supportive. It's that color....
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— November 5 πŸ¦ƒπŸ™ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ™Œ

From Shape Magazine.
    Silence Your Inner Critic

We have a bad habit of using self-criticism as an inspirational tool, especially when it comes to weight-loss motivation, but not only does it not encourage, it could actually sabotage your efforts, says Vanessa Scotto, a life coach specializing in behavioral changes. "When we kick into self-critical mode, we are actually engaging the portion of our brain that's linked into our fight-flight survival reflex," she says. This increases our cortisol secretion (the "stress hormone") which in turn causes cravings for fatty and sweet foods.

Next time you find yourself in critique mode, place your hand on your heart. Just holding it there and taking a few deep breaths can help change your physiological state, silence the negativity, and allow you to look in the mirror and have a fresh experience, she says.

Today, I will work on silence my inner critic. πŸ’—πŸ’—. We can be so hard on ourselves.

Have a fantastic Monday team! ⛳️

November!!! Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈWarriors on a mission!

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒ πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Warriors

Just a quick intro (very quick) for the new members on the team... My name is Steve (aka Steplaj) and I am a 54y Warrior from Massachusetts. I have been with the challenge for a long time now and am a group Moderator (though I have pulled back a bit) and former owner of the challenge. I was a captain for the Workout Warriors since the team first started and was the one who first brought Greg over back when he was a team member like all of you... (Boy do I know talent when I see it).

I recently pulled back quite a bit when real life began to make it harder and harder to commit the time necessary to keep the group running. I am currently battling a knee injury (torn meniscus) and it is slow going. I also have some personal stuff going on, so I decided to pull back and let Greg do more. Now, much like myself, Greg has climbed from member to owner in the same manner I did when Mari's life got to involved and she stepped down.

I am very much a warrior and am here for all of you when I can. Greg has been a great friend and has done a fantastic job taking over the reins for me, so I know you are all in great hands. I will do my best to stay active and supportive to all my friends and workout family in here. I look forward to getting to know each of our newer members. Good Luck, enjoy - talk again soon!

Steve
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    So FedEx just delivered my new pickleball shoes. They were supposed to be Navy, instead New Balance sent me Lime Green. Never owned anything lime green. Is it too flashy for an old dude like me? Will I get laughed at? I'm very conservative. But they do feel nice.

o86urgacxqop.jpg

I like them but I love bright colors! But if you aren't comfortable, maybe they can quickly ship another color that you like better while you work on returning these? They are certainly not Navy!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options

o86urgacxqop.jpg

I like the color, maybe a bit feminine, but still sharp... I say, if you like the color and they are comfortable - go for it! If not, or unsure, return to go for what you originally ordered.

Just a side note - this is of course one of the reasons I don't like buying from the internet... I like to see, feel, try the things I am buying! I hope the company has a good return policy...

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @jcgator2016 - I like them! I wouldn’t think you’d get laughed at. I’ve seen way crazier/flashier colors in running shoes.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if anyone else here listens to podcasts but I was recommended We Only Look Thin in a Facebook group I’m in and I think it’s really great! It’s hosted by a married couple who each lost 100+ pounds and it’s has lots of great advice and just good discussions about the struggles that come with weight loss.
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if anyone else here listens to podcasts but I was recommended We Only Look Thin in a Facebook group I’m in and I think it’s really great! It’s hosted by a married couple who each lost 100+ pounds and it’s has lots of great advice and just good discussions about the struggles that come with weight loss.

Thank you! I love podcasts and subscribe to more than I can fit in lol. I'll add that one to my list. I listen to one called "Primal Potential" by Elizabeth Benton - she also lost over 100 lbs and is very inspirational, although lately I've listened a bit less for some reason. Something fresh sounds good!

For anyone that wants to listen but doesn't know how to get started, go to the app store (Apple) or googleplay store (Android) and download a podcast app (there are several) onto your phone. Then search for the podcast you want. You can download individual episodes by date, or subscribe and get them automatically as they are available when on wifi. They are free! Some have ads while you're listening, some don't. You can search for popular podcasts to get started if you don't have a specific one in mind.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Podcasts I recommend:
    Half Size Me
    Phit & Phat (some coarse language but she is one wise lady!)

I listen to them in my walks if I’m struggling. They always help!
This discussion has been closed.