WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Although we are already three days into this chat...Welcome to new members!! You are definitely in the right place for motivation and support!!!

Brief intro about me....I'm Nikki, a bit over 45 years old. I live in Worthing, UK - which is on the south coast - with my husband. I'm a full time secondary school science teacher - hence no kids (as that would be like bringing my work home)!

I love going to body combat classes and enjoy swimming and walking. Since getting married I've enjoyed cooking, eating and drinking more than the occasional glass of wine! I'm realising that I am heavier than I want to be and could do with losing a little weight just to feel happier in my skin. I have good intentions, but get easily swayed by chocolate and anything sweet. I am very good at self sabotage My long term goal would be to lose 14lb, not much I know, but it is sooooo difficult!

Could I be included in this month's step challenge? My goal is 10,000 steps a day.

I won't sign up for the daily / weekly goals, as I never get around to logging in daily! However, my other goals are: to get over 7 hours sleep a night, drink more water and try to get below 140lb - I got there briefly last month....
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc πŸ’œπŸ˜”πŸ™βœοΈ my prayers to your brother, you and your entire family Greg... I am so sorry to hear this.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    DAILY GOALS: Sunday, 11/3

βœ… Logged food
    βœ… Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio (Zumba, Elliptical, Inclined Treadmill)
    βœ… Maintained IF schedule w/ No food after dinner
    βœ… Water: 215.6 oz.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    3 Nov Results:

Logged Food

Stayed way under calories, but over on carbs. My boys and their families come over every Sunday for dinner and the wife made Baked Ziti and meatballs. What am I going to do? Just eat salad? Did skip the garlic bread and key lime pie. Okay, I took a teaspoon bite of my grandson's pie.

Water: 136 oz

Steps: 9377

Calories Burned: 918. This is what I don't understand. I can play 90 mins of pickleball and burn 1000 cals (according to my Garmin). Yet I'm pushing a mower, hauling a heavy wheelbarrow and other yard work for 2.5 hours and only burn 900??

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Good golf day, I am in third place πŸ₯‰ place right now. πŸ’ƒβ›³οΈπŸ’ƒβ›³οΈ

@MadisonMolly2017 Great picture and goals!
    @shbarbor πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Great advice, the days I do Barre and no hiking really hurts achieving my step count.
    @confidentraven Fantastic job on achieving your goals. Rockstar! 🀩
    @jcgator2016 Beautiful picture! Gorgeous day!!
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Good golf day, I am in third place πŸ₯‰ place right now. πŸ’ƒβ›³οΈπŸ’ƒβ›³οΈ

@MadisonMolly2017 Great picture and goals!
    @shbarbor πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Great advice, the days I do Barre and no hiking really hurts achieving my step count.
    @confidentraven Fantastic job on achieving your goals. Rockstar! 🀩
    @jcgator2016 Beautiful picture! Gorgeous day!!

Way to go Sally! Good luck tomorrow!! Fairways and Greens!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc Yes, I would like to ask some questions to the professionals. πŸ‘πŸ‘

@Nikmar Posted steps for October. Yes added you for November. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

@jcgator2016 Thank you!! β›³οΈβ›³οΈπŸ’ƒβ›³οΈβ›³οΈ Great day for you! Fabulous.
    @slimn2016 Fantastic Nancy!! Happy Sunday. πŸ’
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Greg, sorry to hear about your brother and teammate. Prayers sent to you and your family.

My father served in the Marine Corps for 32 years. One tour in Korea and 3 in Vietnam. He was with the Air Wing, and was stationed in Chu Lai/ Da Nang.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    3 Nov Results:

Logged Food

Stayed way under calories, but over on carbs. My boys and their families come over every Sunday for dinner and the wife made Baked Ziti and meatballs. What am I going to do? Just eat salad? Did skip the garlic bread and key lime pie. Okay, I took a teaspoon bite of my grandson's pie.

Water: 136 oz

Steps: 9377

Calories Burned: 918. This is what I don't understand. I can play 90 mins of pickleball and burn 1000 cals (according to my Garmin). Yet I'm pushing a mower, hauling a heavy wheelbarrow and other yard work for 2.5 hours and only burn 900??

Kudos on skipping the garlic bread and it would be hard skipping out on wife’s ziti, however, you were still under! πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ Kick butt on water πŸ’¦ intake.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: Β»
    @ConfidentRaven I have been thinking about you this weekend! You do realize that your 20 minutes biking is likely not counting towards your steps but my elliptical, walking, & others running is! Not sure how to reconcile this but please hold your head high as you are exercising as much or more than I am (& others likely are)!!! And I’d love to hear any tips you have as you have been so successful with weight loss!! πŸ‘πŸ»

@shbarbor I hadn't thought of that. I usually take my watch off because I don't like how it logs the stationary bike so it doesn't log anything during that stretch. So thanks for the thought that if I could run for that time I'd probably rack up the steps.

As for tips, I would have to say find what works for you whether that's low carb, low fat, or just eating sensibly, log honestly or at least be honest with yourself, and weigh your food. I have changed eating plans a few plans to fit my life or higher activity or cravings so don't be afraid to toss out or change anything that doesn't work for you. Don't be afraid to eat at or close to maintenance calories on special occasions. I find that if I pre plan those days to be at or a little under maintenance that I don't tend to binge. Sure I lose a little less, but at least I usually don't end up gaining either. Last don't be afraid to ask for help or advice about your food plan, I have a few times and several teammates have given me great pointers throughout the year.

I love this and so true! It nice being able to help and ask each other what helps. Ty Kai for advice when I have asked you!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @jcgator2016 - I LOVE baked ziti! I make it only long runs days because that’s the only time it fits in my calories! Good for you on passing up the garlic bread (another one of my favorites)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @RubyRed427 Thinking of you! Wishing you a great week. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    November πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Please let me know if you want to join our daily challenge for November. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘

Champs
    ! Go team! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
    Nov 2 Results!! πŸ“£ πŸ“£ πŸ“£
    @confidentraven 100%
    @kdv12 100%
    @jcgator2016 100%
    @madisonmolly2017 100%
    @slimn2016 100%
    @fitness327wk 100%
    @navydaddjc 67%
    @shbarbor 60%

πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’œπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
    Daily Total: 91%
    MTD Total: 83%
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— November 4 πŸ¦ƒπŸ™ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ™Œ

Wishing everyone a great start to the week!

Self-Care: Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself!

https://greatist.com/happiness/ways-to-practice-self-care#1

Stress less

By now, we all know that stress is really bad for our health. Research suggests that stress may be contagious, and the more stressed we think we are, the worse it might be for our heart health
    Trusted Source
    . But between work, relationships, family, and whatever else life throws at us, it’s difficult not to succumb to it. Use these strategies, which range from drinking tea to practicing progressive relaxation, to keep the stress monster at bay.

a4hzjsumpcmd.jpeg

Be mindful
    Focusing on the presentβ€”without judging how we feel and what we thinkβ€”can be both a liberating and healthy practice. Studies show that getting in-tune with ourselves through mindfulness slashes stress and depression, helps us see ourselves in a truer light, and may even help keep our minds from wandering.

November!!! Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈWarriors on a mission!

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒ πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Rubyred427
    Weigh in Sunday
    Previous 164.5
    Current 164.7
    Thanks for your kind words ! <3
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily Goals 11/3
    Exercise for 30 Min βœ… 3 mile run + 30 min Pilates
    Step Goal (10K) βœ… 14903 (thank you 3 mile run!)
    No Eating Out βœ… And I planned out my meals/went grocery shopping for the next 3 days so I shouldn’t be tempted

Daily Step Goal (10,000)
    11/1 - 6,179 πŸ˜•
    11/2 - 10,863 πŸ™‚
    11/3 - 14,903 πŸ˜ƒ

I have a much easier time meeting my step goal on the weekends (especially on a run day) the week days are where I struggle!

I’m also thinking I need to up my calorie goal. I’m aiming to lose 1.25 lbs a week but the past 2 have lost 2 lbs each week. Not complaining but I don’t want to burn out or be eating too little. I always feel a little anxious about upping my calorie goal though.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Rubyred427
    Weigh in Sunday
    Previous 164.5
    Current 164.7
    Thanks for your kind words ! <3

Easy! You help others everyday! You are a wonderful person and thankful for YOU! We are a team!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I’m stepping this month, for sure! Fitbit isn’t cooperating with my phone at the moment.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Daily Goals 11/3
    Exercise for 30 Min βœ… 3 mile run + 30 min Pilates
    Step Goal (10K) βœ… 14903 (thank you 3 mile run!)
    No Eating Out βœ… And I planned out my meals/went grocery shopping for the next 3 days so I shouldn’t be tempted

Daily Step Goal (10,000)
    11/1 - 6,179 πŸ˜•
    11/2 - 10,863 πŸ™‚
    11/3 - 14,903 πŸ˜ƒ

I have a much easier time meeting my step goal on the weekends (especially on a run day) the week days are where I struggle!

I’m also thinking I need to up my calorie goal. I’m aiming to lose 1.25 lbs a week but the past 2 have lost 2 lbs each week. Not complaining but I don’t want to burn out or be eating too little. I always feel a little anxious about upping my calorie goal though.

Fab on your goals!! Daily lifestyle not a diet! Totally get it.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

Sunday, 11/3

πŸ‘£STEPS: 19,075
    emr74zeozefm.png
This discussion has been closed.