WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Hello Team--My name is Amy. This is my first month with Workout Warriors. I am excited to be here. This past March I joined a MFP weight loss team challenge and lost 40 pounds. With that said I have been stalled the past couple of months bouncing back and forth 5 pounds either direction. Sooooo, I thought I needed a change of scenery maybe try a different challenge group. Fitness327wk and Slimn2016 were both on my previous team. I always enjoyed their comments and support, so I followed them over here to stay motivated. I have 20 pounds to go before I start maintenance.

Some of my goals:

3 lb weight loss for November
    Drink 100 oz of water daily
    90 minutes of exercise daily
    11,000 steps daily

Let's go Workout Warriors!!!

So glad to be back on the same team again! Yea, looking forward to achieving our goals together!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

My name is Kai and I'm a homeschooling mom of three teenagers. I have been overweight for most of my life and after having trouble getting out of bed in December I finally decided to get serious about losing weight. I've tried many diets in the past, but all of them failed, usually within the first month. Before joining MFP the most I ever lost was maybe 15 pounds and my longest diet lasted maybe two months. When I started MFP I was at my highest weight ever 382 pounds and I walked a meger 500 steps a day. I am now closing in on 100 pounds lost for this year, and I get in a sad, but for me respectable 4000 steps a day minimum, many days though see me at between 6 and 8k.

My goals for this month

-Push the speed on my exercise bike and work toward getting to moderate effort for 40 solid minutes. I can hit 40 minutes on light, and 25 at moderate right now.

-Lose at least 5 pounds, but I'm hopeful of 8

Kai - you are a true inspiration! I am blessed to have you as a teammate. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’œπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
    Incredible loss.
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,

I'm Sue, Mom to two daughters, one in college and one in high school. This is my second month on the team. I am a former runner who had to stop running due to an injury (tears in gluteus medius/minimus that resulted in hip pain). I joined MFP several years ago and tracked my weight and haphazardly tracked calories but mostly just during the day. Needless to say, THAT wasn't effective. After watching the "weight report" tracking line in MFP increase over time for several years and becoming less happy with how I felt and looked, I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself over the loss of running and worked hard on the elliptical and bike (30-60 min/day) and REALLY tracked for a few weeks and finally dropped 2 pounds. In addition, my legs felt good/firm like they used to when I was running! Then I found this group, joined, and just love the accountability, inspiration and tips. I would be thrilled if I could lose 3 pounds in November. Other goals are to exercise 30 min/day (ideally on the elliptical or rower for more calorie burn - along with strength training - but walking is fine too) and work hard to stay at my calorie goal. Another goal is to complete a 30 minute yoga session that focuses on my hip/lower back at least once each week - this really seems to help my hip. Gosh I sound like an old lady going on about my hip! Looking forward to doing this together and inspiring/encouraging each other. A huge thank you to @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk for leading us!!!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Hi all...my name is Nancy. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜Š

I've been fortunate to be with the Workout Warriors on and off for the year! πŸ’ͺ🏻❀️ I lost 90 lbs in 2015 on MFP.... and although I am currently up in pounds (8-10), I have overall been able to keep my weight within a healthy range for my height/BMI. This team has been vital to my journey---I am grateful to the team and especially our leaders, Greg & Sally--THANK YOU!πŸ’œπŸ™

My goals this November:

1.) Continue to increase my strength training routine around the healing of my shoulder injury
    2.) Get back down to my base goal weight (-8lbs.), I'd like to lose 3 lbs this month.
    3.) Celebrate my son's bday, my bday & Thanksgiving without a gainπŸ™…πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ (it's a tough month at our house with cakeπŸŽ‚---yikes!!!---my weakness).
    4.) 150+oz. water a day
    5.) Cardio daily (1+ hours)
    6.) keep carbs low

Wishing you all a successful November---WE GOT THIS!!!

πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜…βœ¨GO WARRIORS!!!πŸ™ŒπŸ’«πŸŽ‰
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Little intro about myself. My name is Jim, just turned 63, and reside in Charleston, SC. Recently retired in 2017. Married to my college sweetheart of 38 years, we have two grown boys who are married and one precious 3 year old grandson. And a fat yellow Lab that hates walking and swimming.

My weightloss journey started right here on MFP June 2018. In 5 months I lost 53 lbs and really didn't know what the heck I was doing. Along the way, I learned as I went from great people on here like Nancy and others which I will always be forever grateful.

Nov 2018, after a heavy weightlifting session, I couldn't get my heart rate below 150 which continued to climb. 4 hours later, I checked in to the ER where I was diagnosed with Atrial Flutter. After three days in the hospital with heavy meds, they finally managed to somewhat control it, but was never regular. July 2019, I had a successful ablation precedure, and was recently cleared to workout as hard as I want and to resume my normal activities.

So here I am, excited and ready to put in the work.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @shbarbor Thanks πŸ™ Awesome Sue! Looking forward to an awesome November πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
    @SLIMn2016 Thank you! You are an inspiration Nancy. πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ‘
    @jcgator2016 Nice to meet you Jim. πŸ‘ Thanks for sharing and welcome to the team!

πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸŽƒ
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    November πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Please let me know if you want to join our daily challenge for November. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘

I will send out our team results. πŸ’«πŸ’«β­οΈπŸ’«πŸ’«

My November Daily Goals:
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations
    2. Watch sodium πŸ§‚ and sugar intake! Stay within my macros.
    3. Nothing after 8 PM
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
    5. 96 oz πŸ’¦ πŸ’§ πŸ’¦

https://possibilitychange.com/the-power-of-sharing-your-goals/
    The Power of Sharing Your Goals
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

November 1 ~ Tips

The holidays are approaching and we are only 28 days from Thanksgiving! Let’s achieve our goals now, stay accountable and be in a better position from the inside out before January 1st.

Start November strong πŸ’ͺ
    - Give away the Halloween πŸŽƒ candy!
    - Start tracking your food if you are not doing so.
    - Start planning and/or prepping your food. Healthy Snacks. 🍎

What is your favorite healthy snack?

Food prep ideas:

https://www.asweetpeachef.com/meal-prep-for-weight-loss/

https://mealpreponfleek.com/meal-prep-101-for-beginners/

https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/my-weekly-meal-prep-routine/

November here we come!!! Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈWarriors on a mission!

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒ πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    I love this from my inspirational rockstar pal Kai @ConfidentRaven. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’—.

Kai:
    No excuses November: List an excuse(s) you use to not exercise/eat right/etc and develop a plan to make that excuse vanish.

Sally:
    My excuse I will start next week. I messed up. I heard a recent thing from an article I posted how to keep focused over the weekend. So you had a flat tire, you don’t go and slash all the other three tires.

Gives me to think of developing that action plan when I have excuses. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
  • shbarbor
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Little intro about myself. My name is Jim, just turned 63, and reside in Charleston, SC. Recently retired in 2017. Married to my college sweetheart of 38 years, we have two grown boys who are married and one precious 3 year old grandson. And a fat yellow Lab that hates walking and swimming.

My weightloss journey started right here on MFP June 2018. In 5 months I lost 53 lbs and really didn't know what the heck I was doing. Along the way, I learned as I went from great people on here like Nancy and others which I will always be forever grateful.

Nov 2018, after a heavy weightlifting session, I couldn't get my heart rate below 150 which continued to climb. 4 hours later, I checked in to the ER where I was diagnosed with Atrial Flutter. After three days in the hospital with heavy meds, they finally managed to somewhat control it, but was never regular. July 2019, I had a successful ablation precedure, and was recently cleared to workout as hard as I want and to resume my normal activities.

So here I am, excited and ready to put in the work.

Welcome Jim! You are another inspiring story of weight loss. My daughter just had an ablation in August for SVT - her heart rate would jump into the 220's several times a day. So grateful for the ablation - it was very scary/disruptive while it was occurring! You must be feeling so much better now.
  • shbarbor
    Options
    No excuse November: My most used excuse is regarding exercise...I'm too tired today, don't have time, whatever. I hear myself start thinking it. So I have to answer myself "OK, well just get dressed and do a lighter/shorter workout." Of course once I start going, it feels good so I usually end up doing the original workout plan. This always makes me laugh at myself. I just have to get through those few moments of indecision.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No excuse November: My biggest excuse is I'm tired and just don't feel like cooking dinner. This usually happens on grocery day and it's 50/50 if I stay within calorie goals. Even when I do I fight a bounce up from sodium/very high carbs/etc. Even worse is that I don't always even enjoy whatever we ordered and sit there thinking I could have made something better.This month I'm going to try to pre make a few dinners that will be easy to heat up and changing my grocery shopping time and/or day.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Since it’s the first of November I figured I’d post my daily goals today:

1. Workout 30 minutes every day
    2. Reach 10,000 per day (this ones hard for me!)
    3. No Eating Out (also hard for me but I haven’t had fast food once in the past 2 weeks so I’m getting better!)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    November πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Please let me know if you want to join our daily challenge for November. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Team Daily Challenge:
    You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘

We are creating a champion circle this month! πŸ† πŸ† πŸ† I will send out weekly results to the team of those who post 5+ days. Holidays are coming and having each other’s support will help us through! πŸ¦ƒ πŸŽ… πŸŽ„
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy snack?

My go to is a protein shake. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

09f7chd20lb9.jpeg
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Since it’s the first of November I figured I’d post my daily goals today:

1. Workout 30 minutes every day
    2. Reach 10,000 per day (this ones hard for me!)
    3. No Eating Out (also hard for me but I haven’t had fast food once in the past 2 weeks so I’m getting better!)

πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'll get in on the daily challenge:

1. Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1810)
    2. Get 5,000 steps a day
    3. No eating out
    4. Exercise bike for at least 20 minutes a day.
    5. No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @confidentraven πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’“πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • carolynsivik
    carolynsivik Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snack is raw almonds.
This discussion has been closed.