WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    My fellow Co-Caption Greg @Navydaddjtc and I would like to see who wants to join us in November Step 🦢 Challenge!!!

Starting tmo - November 3rd!

Please post your daily goal πŸ₯…! ....

I'm in!! 10k a day for me!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    November Goals:
    Stay under Calories and Carbs 80% This will be tough. 4 Birthdays (Wife, youngest son, best friend, and Marine Corp Bday) and Thanksgiving....

OMG I thought my November was tough with 2 bdays and turkey day.... but we can do thisπŸ€—.. strategizing the month's eats will be tricky though for sure.... bc we GOTTA eat a 'lil cake....

πŸ€”...cake is life...πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™†πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜†
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! I feel like I really let myself and this team down. I considered quitting because I’ve gained 10 pounds Over the last six months, but I won’t quit I’ll keep
    Trying and come here for support daily. Xoxoxo

@RUBYRED427... THANKS FOR NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL.... JULIE YOU GOT THIS .. YOU HAVE A DEMANDING CAREER AS A TEACHER I GET IT MARCIE IS A TEACHER ALSO (4TH GRADE) AND SHE IS ON THE JOB ABOUT 10 HRS A DAY AND IS EXHAUSTED WHEN SHE GETS HOME.
    NO WORRIES JULIE WE GOT YOU AND ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU AND HELP YOU GET OVER THAT HUMP... WHAT EVER YOU NEED JUST LET US KNOW AND BING BANG BOOM IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!
    GREG
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! I feel like I really let myself and this team down. I considered quitting because I’ve gained 10 pounds Over the last six months, but I won’t quit I’ll keep

Hi friend! I am thankful you decided that you will not quit! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ We are here for you! Don’t be to hard on yourself. I am looking forward to seeing your smiley beautiful face around here! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’œπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

Gains come with the journey Julie.... I am in the same situation... so glad you are with us--I know it's a struggle, especially the closer you are to your goal. The last 10 lbs has been an ongoing war for me the last 3 years😣.... but not giving up is an instant WINπŸ™Œ

πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ🏻 Keep goingπŸ™ŒπŸŽΆ
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNING
    tedfjbw5dl9t.png

I HAVE CAUGHT WITH ALL OF YOUR POSTS SINCE THIS MONTH'S CHAT ROOM OPENED.
    GOOD THING ARE HAPPENING HERE ON THE TEAM AND I AM PLEASED AS PUNCH TO BE A PART OF EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOUR JOURNEYS.

NOW I HAVE SOME HOUSE CLEANING STUFF TO TAKE OF FOR OUR TEAM

1) WEIGH IN'S SHOULD BE POSTED ON YOUR DAY OF CHOICE OR THE NEXT DAY.... IF THAT IS NOT CASE AND YOU DON'T POST AT ALL BY SATURDAY AT 0000 HRS (MIDNIGHT) YOU WILL BE MARKED AS A NWI,<<<<NON WEIGH IN 2 OF THOSE YOUR DROPPED FROM THE TEAM FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE... YOU CAN RE-REGISTER FOR THE NEXT MONTH

2) IF YOU POST YOUR WEIGHT BUT IT'S A LATE (24 HRS PAST YOUR WEIGH IN DAY) YOU WILL BE MARKED A LWI<<<<LATE WEIGH IN... 2 OF THOSE GETS YOU 1 NWI.

3) IF YOU NEED TO STEP AWAY FROM THE TEAM FOR BREAK, BUT WANT TO RETURN WE CAN PUT YOU ON THE SUPPORT TEAM AND THAT WAY WHEN YOUR READY TO RETURN WE CAN PUT YOU BACK INTO THE TEAM NO FUSS NO MUSS.

4) IF YOUR WEIGH IN DAY IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU THEN BY ALL MEANS CHANGE IT. JUST LET SALLY AKA @Fitness327wk OR I KNOW AND WE WILL HANDLE IT

OKAY THAT'S IT NOW LET'S DOWN TO LOSING SOME PHAT GAINING MUSCLE TONE AND EATING HEALTHY!!!!
    GREG

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Workout Warriors πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚
    NOV 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ§¨πŸ§¨πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Thanksgiving Month! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

November 2 ~ Tips

Why we are here team! I am thankful for this team of support! You all rock!

From Mayo Clinic:

https://diet.mayoclinic.org/diet/motivate/social-support-for-weight-loss?xid=nl_MayoClinicDiet_20151021

Social support: A necessity for weight loss
    Finding support for your weight-loss efforts can mean the difference between success and failure.

To build and maintain your support network:
    * Stay in touch. When we overeat, it's easy to feel ashamed and isolate ourselves. But support can be crucial in getting us back on track. So answer those phone calls, emails and texts, even when you're feeling down.
    * Recognize the importance of give and take. Express your appreciation for support and be ready to return the favor and help others achieve their wellness goals.
    * Learn who is best in what role. Maybe you thought your best friend would be a good person to vent to, but your friend is going through a tough time. That friend may make a better walking partner instead. Be open to learning who can support you in what manner: emotional, practical or inspiration.
    * Find a partner. Find a co-worker to walk with or a friend with whom to plan or cook healthy meals.
    * Join in. Take part in neighborhood events, community organizations, local exercise classes or active family get-togethers

November here we come!!! Workout πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈWarriors on a mission!

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸƒ πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§¨
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 Daily Goals
    1. Workout 30 Minutes βœ… Did 30 minutes lower body and 10 minute abs
    2. Reach 10,000 steps ❌ lol, no, not even close. I think I was around 6,000. This one is hard for me especially when it’s cold!
    3. No Eating Out βœ… Made jambalaya in the slow cooker yesterday, yum πŸ˜‹
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Options
    @Fitness327wk - I’ll join the step goals challenge, it’s one of my daily goals anyway. Goal is 10,000
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!
    I was just added!
    My name’s Maddie, and I’m delighted to be here!

I’d love to join the Daily Challenge & the Steps Chalkenge!

Daily Challenge Goals (with my affirmation after it.)

1. Net Carbs under 142g per day (Moderate Carbs) until I’m consistently at 155lbs or below for an entire week. (I’m in maintenance, shaving off the 2-5 lbs I let creep on over 6 months of figuring out maintenance.)

πŸ’•My appetite disappears when I choose to eat this way. Why not make it easy on myself?!

2. Macros/micros within my targets.
    πŸ’• I am a healthy eater by choice.

3. Perform my pre-art ritual each day before noon.

πŸ’• I am a practicing artist; creativity is my joyful life-enhancer.

4. Practice Gratefulness throughout the day.

πŸ’• Life & health are awesome; I won’t take them for granted!

5. Say positive things to myself about my body & face at least 3X a day.

πŸ’• I am a lively, beautiful woman!

Step Challenge:
    Steps > 7,500 daily except rest days;
    Weekly Avg > 8,000
    30 mins of exercise (even mild) daily
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I’m in for the step challenge for November!

Steps
    10/30: 13,963
    10/31: 17,385
    11/01: 27,809

My goal for November is to end the month at the same weight I started the month. Judging by how my first couple of days in Italy have gone that might be difficult! We’ve had some really good food and wine so far and I have 2 more weeks here. I’m enjoying every bit of it though!

My posting might be sporadic the next couple of weeks but I will be back full time for the second half of November!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Options
    @runarml - You’re in Italy?! I’m so jealous! I feel like I’d be happy not to gain 10 lbs in Italy lol
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    runarml wrote: Β»
    I’m in for the step challenge for November!

Steps
    10/30: 13,963
    10/31: 17,385
    11/01: 27,809

My goal for November is to end the month at the same weight I started the month. Judging by how my first couple of days in Italy have gone that might be difficult! We’ve had some really good food and wine so far and I have 2 more weeks here. I’m enjoying every bit of it though!

My posting might be sporadic the next couple of weeks but I will be back full time for the second half of November!

@RUNARML...STEPS POSTED...NO WORRIES I GOT WEIGH IN AS EX FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS... GO TO TUSCANY AND SAY HI TO STING FOR ME WILL YA. HAVE A GREAT TIME
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    UP FOR TOMORROWS KICK OFF WEIGH IN
    8yodrb3ejq9v.png
    @Gutcutter500
    @RubyRed427
    @WishfulThinning18
    HERE WE GO FOLKS LET'S GET TO IT
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    BE BACK LATER ON HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    November Goals:
    Stay under Calories and Carbs 80% This will be tough. 4 Birthdays (Wife, youngest son, best friend, and Marine Corp Bday) and Thanksgiving....

OMG I thought my November was tough with 2 bdays and turkey day.... but we can do thisπŸ€—.. strategizing the month's eats will be tricky though for sure.... bc we GOTTA eat a 'lil cake....

πŸ€”...cake is life...πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™†πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜†

Well let me know what the strategy is, because I have no clue. It's a given...I'm gonna eat cake, even if I have to starve myself for a week. The funny thing is my son, best friend and Marine Corp birthday all fall on the same day, November 10. Aye Caramba!

• Shortgirlrunning
    Options
    Daily Step Goal:
    11/1: 6,170 :/ Not a great day. I do usually get more but my dog was not feeling well and a lot of my steps come from her walks, pup is all better today though so hopefully I'll at least be closer to 10,000 by the end of today!
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    November πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

Please let me know if you want to join our daily challenge for November. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ‘

I will send out our team results. πŸ’«πŸ’«β­οΈπŸ’«πŸ’«

Count me in!!! Will post for yesterday soon.
  • shbarbor
    Options

Welcome Jim! You are another inspiring story of weight loss. My daughter just had an ablation in August for SVT - her heart rate would jump into the 220's several times a day. So grateful for the ablation - it was very scary/disruptive while it was occurring! You must be feeling so much better now.[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Glad your daughter is feeling much better. Yeah, I had those days when my heart rate would go thru the roof and my wife had to take me to the ER. It's scary. I couldn't walk a half mile without feeling so tired and my heart beating a mile a minute. And I was on so many heart medications that made me feel sick as a dog every single day. But after the ablation, I feel so much better. I don't take any medication except OTC meds like allegra, magnesium, etc

Went to my Cardiologist today and my numbers are great. I do have a loop recorder implant in my chest that records ECG and cardiac arrhythmias that is transmitted to my Cardiologist, and so far so good.

[/quote]

I am so glad you're feeling better. Yes, the meds are awful. My daughter tried to take them but was miserable & since hers stopped within about 10 minutes the doc OK'd skipping them. Great that your data looks good! Hopefully that means it worked for good!!!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    My daily goals 11/1
    1. Calories < 1500 βœ…
    2. 10,000 steps ❌ 6789
    3. 30 min exercise ❌
    5. Log all food βœ…
    6. Meet fiber macro βœ…
This discussion has been closed.