WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I’m not a big snacker but my favorite healthy snack is probably a hard boiled egg sprinkled with pepper - sometimes the whole egg, sometimes just the egg whites, depends on my mood/how many calories I have
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    My daily goals

1. Calories < 1500
    2. 10,000 steps Calories
    3. 30 min exercise
    4. Log all food
    5. Meet fiber macro

My favorite healthy: veggies & hummus

Sally thanks for the meal prep links!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Welcome Jim! You are another inspiring story of weight loss. My daughter just had an ablation in August for SVT - her heart rate would jump into the 220's several times a day. So grateful for the ablation - it was very scary/disruptive while it was occurring! You must be feeling so much better now.[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Glad your daughter is feeling much better. Yeah, I had those days when my heart rate would go thru the roof and my wife had to take me to the ER. It's scary. I couldn't walk a half mile without feeling so tired and my heart beating a mile a minute. And I was on so many heart medications that made me feel sick as a dog every single day. But after the ablation, I feel so much better. I don't take any medication except OTC meds like allegra, magnesium, etc

Went to my Cardiologist today and my numbers are great. I do have a loop recorder implant in my chest that records ECG and cardiac arrhythmias that is transmitted to my Cardiologist, and so far so good.

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @slimn2016 Nancy, I am trying to drink more water and I know you are a rock star in this area! Do you add anything to your water? I am focused to drinking 96 oz a day right now. Many thanks friend!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @shbarbor 👍👍👍👍
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @shbarbor - I love hummus! I really prefer it with pita chips over veggies though which makes it less healthy. I could eat hummus all day, every day though!
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    My favorite healthy snack are Alyssa's Cookies. Gluten free, NON- GMO, no added sugar, high fiber and low net carbs. It's the last thing I eat, usually before 8pm with a cup of decaf coffee.

5owooybq1qeh.jpg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am Meg, 37, mom of 2, full-time teacher and wife of a farmer/volunteer firefighter.

I have had a long journey on mfp with lots of ups and downs but the most important part is that no one here has ever given up on me, and even when I mess up, I keep coming back!

I’ve lost and gained many times, never huge amounts but enough to not have a memory of a time that I was happy with my weight and feeling great. Lately, aside from my appearance and self-esteem, my weight is drastically impacting my quality of life. My hip and my foot hurt every time I get up from sitting or sleeping and lately the pain is pretty much constant. I know with absolute certainty that this is a weight problem for me.

I know what to do, I even know how to do it but I fall off the wagon over and over again.

My November goals are to:

Hit 12, 000 steps a day
    Jillian Michaels 3 times a week
    No eating past 8:00
    TRACK CALORIES EVERY DAY!!

Oh, I’m also a major tea drinker. I have more than 60 flavours of loose leaf teas and infusions. I may have a problem..... but I never add milk or sugar and I have an assortment that can satisfy whatever I may crave.

Tonight’s tea: apéro spritz. It’s dried orange, pineapple, beet, apple and a bunch of other fruits. Caffeine free :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    @slimn2016 Nancy, I am trying to drink more water and I know you are a rock star in this area! Do you add anything to your water? I am focused to drinking 96 oz a day right now. Many thanks friend!

Hi Sally👋😊 No... but I do drink decaf teas though and I add Stevia drops to them. I also drink SmartWater for the added electrolytes --I usually bring 2, 33.8 oz. bottles with me every day. It gets harder to drink the water when the Boston weather starts to cool down though. So hot teas become vital to my fluid intake, especially come winter.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy snack?

My go to is a protein shake. 👍👍👍
    09f7chd20lb9.jpeg

I like Quest Bars bc they are easy to grab and go/pack last minute, low cal, loaded with fiber, protein and the net carbs are low. I only can have the ones made with stevia though....some of their bars contain Sucralose/aspartame, which I avoid.
    a2mrck649wb4.png
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @slimn2016 Thanks! Love the new PP, gorgeous!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    November 🦃🦃🦃🦃💥💥💥🦃🦃🦃

Please let me know if you want to join our daily challenge for November. 🙌🙌🙌

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Let’s support each other.👏💃👏

I will send out our team results. 💫💫⭐️💫💫
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    11/1 Daily Results:
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations Yes ✅
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. Yes ✅
    3. Nothing after 8 PM No need to work on this!
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃Yes ✅
    5. 96 oz 💦 💧 💦 Yes ✅

Steps - 13,629
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    11/1 results

1. Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1810) ✔ 1620
    2. Get 5,000 steps a day✔6,682
    3. No eating out ❌ Sort of. I had the leftovers from Thursday's dinner for my lunch. Well within my calories, but I figured it sort of counted.
    4. Exercise bike for at least 20 minutes a day.✔
    5. No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) ❌ I was thirsty after running errands and there was still tea in my insulated cup and I drank it.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    1 Nov Results:

1. Stay under Calories and Carb Goal (1209/57 - wasn't hungry)
    2. Burn minimum 750 Cals Daily (998)
    3. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate (112 oz)
    4. Minimum 8000 Steps (9216)
    5. Nothing to eat after 8pm
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    November Goals:

1. Stay under Calories and Carbs 80%
    This will be tough. 4 Birthdays (Wife, youngest son, best friend, and Marine Corp Bday) and Thanksgiving.

2. Burn 5000 Calories per week
    Should be easy if the knees hold up.
    M-W-F: Pickleball and light cardio
    Tue - Thu: Weights and strength training
    Sat - Sun: Yardwork, golf (walk)

3. Retain/increase muscle mass
    Last time, I lost too much muscle mass. Can't afford to do that at my age.

4. Stretch before workouts, also cool down stretch. 45 mins minimum

5. Log everything every day. Stay hydrated.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven 🙌🙌👏🙌🙌 Awesome biking! 🚲
    @jcgator2016 👍👍👍 I am working on the hydration! My goal is 96oz, nice job 112!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @megnolia82 Love hearing about your teas! November is going to ROCK!!! Great goals! I am also working at nothing past 8PM. Let’s stay on the wagon together! 💃💃💃👍💃💃💃
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    My fellow Co-Caption Greg @Navydaddjtc and I would like to see who wants to join us in November Step 🦶 Challenge!!!

Starting tmo - November 3rd!

Please post your daily goal 🥅! If joining challenge, please post your steps on a daily basis. My goal for the month is 10k except for rest days and Greg is at 11k. 👍

8mnpamd5aoug.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.