TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello TBBT! I am Christine, 27 years old from Connecticut! I started my journey(again) in November last year and I have been with TBBT since February. I have lost almost fifty pounds since last November, and aim to lose at least fifty more.

I am currently the captain of TBBT, with @Coral333 joining me as co-captain. Feel free to send me a friend request, that way you can send me a message if you have a question of any kind!

I am a proud dog mommy to a six month old puppy(we're not 100% on his breed quite yet) and a ten year old labradoodle. I am big into football and am *sorry* a diehard New England Patriots fan. I also enjoy hiking(if I ever get the chance!), traveling and taking long walks with the dogs(and my boyfriend whenever he feels like it!)

In addition to being the team's captain, I have started a team water, step, food and exercise challenge. You are allowed to pick and choose which challenges to participate in, if any interest you! @brandi_84 is also running our mini-challenge, and will post some info when she has the chance!

Food Challenge
    Pre-plan your food for four days, stay on that plan for at least 3 days. Must account for all snacks, drinks, meals to consider yourself on plan for that day!

Exercise Challenge
    Exercise for 30 minutes 3x this week. Must be continuous 30 minutes workout. Includes intentional cardio(running, walking, biking, rowing, etc), strength, yoga/flexibility. Does not include things like house cleaning or yardwork.

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). Our step challenge runs Monday-Sunday and is still a new thing for our group! You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet for the challenges!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY OF THESE CHALLENGES, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET!!!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone and welcome to December’s thread! As @cmhubbard92 said, I stepped up as co-captain at the end of November and looking forward to supporting everyone throughout December 🥰

I’m also 27 and down 40lbs since having my little girl in September 2018. This group has been a real source of motivation over the last few months and I can’t wait to keep up the losing streak into 2020!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT. The December Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, November 30, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, November 30!!
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Lorna. I'm 39 and I'm from Scotland. I lost over 10lbs earlier in the year with mfp, most of which has returned (unsurprisingly). This time, I'm really going for it. I joined a gym last week and I'm going to do one yoga session and three strength/cardio sessions per week. I'd really like to lose 30lbs in total. 20lbs would be nice. I'd like to try and lose 5lbs during the December challenge. I admit it's going to be hard as I love chocolate and there's a box of the stuff sitting on my fridge just waiting for the festive season.

Away from weightloss/fitness, I'm a tv addict and pretty arty. I work for a charity supporting people. If you'd like a new friend, just send me a request :)
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pickle107 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Lorna. I'm 39 and I'm from Scotland. I lost over 10lbs earlier in the year with mfp, most of which has returned (unsurprisingly). This time, I'm really going for it. I joined a gym last week and I'm going to do one yoga session and three strength/cardio sessions per week. I'd really like to lose 30lbs in total. 20lbs would be nice. I'd like to try and lose 5lbs during the December challenge. I admit it's going to be hard as I love chocolate and there's a box of the stuff sitting on my fridge just waiting for the festive season.

Away from weightloss/fitness, I'm a tv addict and pretty arty. I work for a charity supporting people. If you'd like a new friend, just send me a request :)

Hi Lorna!
    Lovely to see a fellow Scot here. Great to have you one the team! 🥳
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello TBBT!

I am back after a very long time away from this site. I lost about 25lbs back in 2018. Then, I got cocky and stopped doing all of the things that were moving me towards my goal. It took me gaining it all back for me to come back to my senses. And so, here I am again :smile:

I had joined this challenge back in 2018 and I'm really glad to be back. Coincidentally enough, I was part of TBBT back then as well. I enjoy the simplicity of The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge. It offers to me some motivation and accountability.

I'm looking forward to offering my support where I can and accepting support as it's offered.

Let's go!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Hi!....My name is Connie...I am 68 years old and I live in Florida...I am retired....my husband and I owned and operated grocery stores in Florida for 40 years...I have struggled with excess weight for many years and I have lost weight and gained it back more than once....I joined MFP on May 28, 2019 and I have lost 51 pounds...I am very motivated to lose weight and keep it off this time...I am starting to exercise and making an effort to just move around more...I am making this way of eating a normal part of my life...I want to be successful and I want to help others along the way!...can’t wait to begin this challenge and learn more about all of my team mates...good luck everyone....let’s all work together !
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Pickle107 wrote: »

@Pickle107 Welcome Lorna! Very excited to have you on board with us! I have to agree that this month will most likely be a challenge for me also, as I love holiday baking(and lots and lots of chocolate).
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hello TBBT!

I am back after a very long time away from this site. I lost about 25lbs back in 2018. Then, I got cocky and stopped doing all of the things that were moving me towards my goal. It took me gaining it all back for me to come back to my senses. And so, here I am again :smile:

I had joined this challenge back in 2018 and I'm really glad to be back. Coincidentally enough, I was part of TBBT back then as well. I enjoy the simplicity of The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge. It offers to me some motivation and accountability.

I'm looking forward to offering my support where I can and accepting support as it's offered.

Let's go!

@primekayprime welcome to TBBT, again! I think many of us have been in your position, and there is no shame in starting again!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hi!....My name is Connie...I am 68 years old and I live in Florida...I am retired....my husband and I owned and operated grocery stores in Florida for 40 years...I have struggled with excess weight for many years and I have lost weight and gained it back more than once....I joined MFP on May 28, 2019 and I have lost 51 pounds...I am very motivated to lose weight and keep it off this time...I am starting to exercise and making an effort to just move around more...I am making this way of eating a normal part of my life...I want to be successful and I want to help others along the way!...can’t wait to begin this challenge and learn more about all of my team mates...good luck everyone....let’s all work together !

@conniewilkins56 welcome Connie! Very impressive loss so far! I am hoping TBBT is helpful for you to be able to reach your goals! :) looking forward to getting to know you, and getting this weight off for good! :)
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello Big Butts !!!, 😁😁
    You can probably guess my name from my username 🤣🤣, 32 from New Jersey. Recently married(well 1 year ago, but feels like just yesterday lol) and I am very familiar with the weight loss journey ( somehow also a beginner as I can't seem to just get it done completely).

From childhood I was always the "chubby" one in my family and that has lingered with me for my 32 years of life lol. When I started optometry school I actually started to workout and eat smaller portions and lost 50lb in one year. It felt so good and one of my proudest accomplishments. Kept it off for about 4 years. At my highest I was 244... at my lowest 182. I've always dreamt of 170 lbs, but have yet to see it. After a few years between dating and just life..I jumped back up to the low 200s. Before my wedding I did weight watchers and got down to about 188. As you might expect, between living together, work, stress and some health conditions Ive jumped back to 212!!!! 😵

We are currently renovating our kitchen so I can't cook at home and although my mom and my parents in law live relatively close.. only about 15 minute drives..Ive been eating out a lot and making terrible choices. Luckily it should be done sometime this month.

I really need to be better with planning and logging. I tend to "forget" and always choose the worst option. Hoping the accountability here will be my key to success 😊😊

Happy Thanksgiving!
    We got this!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am so ready to get started...I want to finish the year lighter!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Is this where you check in?
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    Is this where you check in?

Im wondering the same thing lol
    I posted a while ago, but nothing... maybe because they are still in the November chat?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I looked at another team and they are posting on here so I guess we can lol
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    User name: conniewilkins56
    Week #1 ( Dec. 1 )
    Weigh in day : Sunday
    PW: 299
    CW: 304
    +5 lbs

Ugh!...I will get it down this week...too much Thanksgiving!...good luck everyone....I am in it to win it!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Sorry, last Sunday was 298 lbs...up 6 lbs....should I repost the entire thing.
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    Sorry, last Sunday was 298 lbs...up 6 lbs....should I repost the entire thing.

Not sure if we are posting weight again as today is the first day....? Maybe it depends on your weigh in day.. mine is Saturday is yours Sunday?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I get weighed a lot so I made this my new weigh in day....I think you are supposed to put last weeks weight in...I looked at other teams postings
This discussion has been closed.