FITNESS WARRIORS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I think we were on another challenge together with RangerRick leading. Great group of peeps there too! Looking forward to supporting each other hear. I enjoy small groups๐Ÿ˜Š
    Tuffgirl19- Ashley

I love that challenge! It has kept me on track a few times. For anyone looking for something new I really recommend it. It is a month long so you would be coming in late, I think he allows it (?), if not I'll be sure to post the sign up when it's up for next month as well.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134776-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2019

and for daily weighers this challenge is about to start, I've been with them for 30 rounds once round 98 starts in a couple of days

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10774849/just-give-me-10-days-round-98#latest
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing! Love this! People are so good. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
  • shbarbor
    Options
    I think we were on another challenge together with RangerRick leading. Great group of peeps there too! Looking forward to supporting each other hear. I enjoy small groups๐Ÿ˜Š
    Tuffgirl19- Ashley

I love that challenge! It has kept me on track a few times. For anyone looking for something new I really recommend it. It is a month long so you would be coming in late, I think he allows it (?), if not I'll be sure to post the sign up when it's up for next month as well.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134776-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2019

and for daily weighers this challenge is about to start, I've been with them for 30 rounds once round 98 starts in a couple of days

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10774849/just-give-me-10-days-round-98#latest

Wow! This looks great! Thx for letting us know Kai!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc WTG on Workweek hustle challenge! Thx for the recipes ๐Ÿ˜
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options

I feel for you Nancy because I know you go hard every day. I hope you are doing post workout stretches and nutrition to speed your recovery. First thing I do when I get home from pickleball or a workout is fix a protein shake with at least 30 mg of protein (my first meal for the day), get down on the floor and do stretches and then the foam roller on my legs. Then I ice my knees or other aching joints for 30 mins. Also I eat a handful of walnuts (rich in omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation for quicker recovery). I know for me, this really helps.

Thank you Jim.... awesome advice!!

I usually do greek yogurt or a protein shake post workout... and every workout a stretch after...but I have been bad about foam rolling--I really dislike it...and know I need to do it.

I have a friend who runs and his knees/legs are so sore that he takes ice baths... OMG I couldn't do it. I do ice my shoulder though.

I did put walnuts on my greek yogurt parfait today though.

Hope your knees are feeling ok---you've been really working hard--WTG J!!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    stfmusc5plx0.jpeg

My biggest craving is chocolate/desserts--sugar! And basically I have none in the house right now and that is how I am fighting it off---but the holidays will come with lots of desserts and chocolate gifts.... I will try to have it but log every bite to stay on track.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    December 7:
    1. Eat 2-3 fruits per day โœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธ
    2. Eat 3-4 vegetables per day โœ”๏ธ
    3. Workout 20 minutes 5 out of 7 days per week โœ”๏ธ โœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธ
    4. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day โœ”๏ธ
    5. Get at least 5,000 steps per day โŒ
    6. No sugar consumed โŒ

I didn't exercise today. I had a ladies' brunch this morning and came home and napped for a long time. I needed it bad. I woke up and my knee was screaming so I'm resting it instead of walking. I may go to the gym tomorrow and get some swim/water aerobics time in. Thanks for the app suggestion, @Fitness327wk. I've downloaded it and will try it.

Blessings,
    Bonnie
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    7 Nov Recap

Logged all Foods
    Calories way under
    Exercise: Upper body weight lifting 30 mins, stretch/foam rolling 30 mins
    Water: 86 oz
    Steps: 5142

Resting knees, lazy day. Notorious for snacking on Saturdays watching college football, but haven't had the urge today. Just a protein shake and a sensible dinner, under 1000 cals for the day. Hope I don't go crazy tomorrow.

• getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Username: getfitgal123
    Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 151.2
    Today's Weight: 150.2
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I feel for you Nancy because I know you go hard every day. I hope you are doing post workout stretches and nutrition to speed your recovery. First thing I do when I get home from pickleball or a workout is fix a protein shake with at least 30 mg of protein (my first meal for the day), get down on the floor and do stretches and then the foam roller on my legs. Then I ice my knees or other aching joints for 30 mins. Also I eat a handful of walnuts (rich in omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation for quicker recovery). I know for me, this really helps.

Thank you Jim.... awesome advice!!

I usually do greek yogurt or a protein shake post workout... and every workout a stretch after...but I have been bad about foam rolling--I really dislike it...and know I need to do it.

I have a friend who runs and his knees/legs are so sore that he takes ice baths... OMG I couldn't do it. I do ice my shoulder though.

I did put walnuts on my greek yogurt parfait today though.

Hope your knees are feeling ok---you've been really working hard--WTG J!!!

I hear ya.

At my age, foam rolling is a must so I make myself do it daily, sometimes twice. It's an integral tool for injury prevention, pulling muscles, increasing blood flow, decreasing soft tissue density and increasing flexibilty. I'm notorious for pulling calf/hamstrings, but haven't since I foam roll. Now, I did notice if I don't foam roll within an hour of a workout, my muscles cool off and it hurts to foam roll.

I love greek yogurt and eat it daily. But my new nutritionist says no dairy, take vitamin D3 supplemets, try it for two weeks and see if I don't feel better. Said it will improve my sinuses, weight and energy. So, I'll give it a try.

Yeah I did the ice baths, but I can't handle it. Two ice packs directly on my knees is enough.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Username: getfitgal123
    Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 151.2
    Today's Weight: 150.2

Nice loss! Posted! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    7 Nov Recap

Logged all Foods
    Calories way under
    Exercise: Upper body weight lifting 30 mins, stretch/foam rolling 30 mins
    Water: 86 oz
    Steps: 5142

Resting knees, lazy day. Notorious for snacking on Saturdays watching college football, but haven't had the urge today. Just a protein shake and a sensible dinner, under 1000 cals for the day. Hope I don't go crazy tomorrow.

Love college football ๐Ÿˆ What a weekend! Goes by way to fast! Steps posted. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’ƒ
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Fitness Warriors ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„
    December๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Team Daily Challenge: You set your goals for the week starting on Sunday (keep the same goals all month if you want) with the exception of the new month starting tmo. Next, you post to the team your results from prior day! Letโ€™s support each other.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘

I am changing my goals tmo!

Champs! Awesome job team! Rocking it! Dec 6 Results!! ๐Ÿ“ฃ ๐Ÿ“ฃ ๐Ÿ“ฃ

@confidentraven 100.00%
    @jcgator2016 100.00%
    @slimn2016 100%
    @gadgetgirl259 100.00%
    @BonnieHosk85 100%
    @tuffgirl19 100%
    @Christy03 100%
    @fitness327wk 100%
    @shbarbor 50%
    @madisonmolly2017 80.00%
    @Tami_H 43.00%

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ
    Daily Total: 88%
    MTD Total: 96%

Slaying it!! โ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธโ˜๏ธ

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited December 2019
    Options
    DAILY GOALS: Saturday, 12/7

โœ… Logged food
    โœ… Stayed under calories
    โœ… Daily Exercise Goal: Lateral trainer, Matrix Bike & Inclined Treadmill
    โœ… Maintained IF schedule: 5:2
    โœ… Water: 191.6 oz.

๐Ÿ‘ฃSTEPS: 13,352

๐Ÿ—ฃComments/Goals: Gym time with my oldest son todayโ€ฆ I love it when he comes along with me. :) My quads and glutes still super sore today, but I was able to get in some decent cardio. Strength training & Zumba in the morning...light food day tomorrow... going to try for an alternating day fasting schedule next week.

PS: On Friday I got cleared by physical therapy.๐Ÿ™Œ..no surgery for my shoulder๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ but I still cannot lift weights over head and probably will no longer be able to do to push ups, wide rows...etc. I've made peace with it. โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ There is more than one way to be fit--- there are options and it's about finding the options that work for you for your well-being and your abilities.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    STEP GOAL
    12/07 - 10,001
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Dec 6
    Week 1 Goals:
    -25+g fiber daily โœ”๏ธ 26
    -2 fruits daily โœ”๏ธ
    -120oz+ ๐Ÿ’ฆ daily โœ”๏ธ
    -Log at least 40 min exercise dailyโœ”๏ธ
    -Strength training 5/7 days โœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธโœ”๏ธ full body
    -7500 stepsโœ”๏ธ 9221
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    rrkmm3cddv27.png

Woo hoo!! Go Greg!!๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Group Challenge is up for Week 2...go and check it out...there will be a new posting each day this week, so jump in, get active, build your candy cane AND keep humming the tune!

Jessica
    Capt., Team TrimStones
  • shbarbor
    Options
    My daily goals 12/7
    1. Calories < 1500 โŒ
    2. 10,000 steps โŒ
    3. 30 min exercise โœ… 60 min paddle board
    4. Log all food โœ…

STEPS 12/7 6285
This discussion has been closed.