FITNESS WARRIORS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    When I select camera rather than image it shows up this way. That is why I select image. 👏🌟👏
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    @christys03 great job on goals!

@Navydaddjtc FANTASTIC on the 5 lb loss! That’s great! 👏🌼🏅
  • shbarbor
    Options
    Dec 6th
    Daily Goals:
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations ✅
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. ✅
    3. Nothing after 8 PM ✅ Yes
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃 Posted 16,528
    5. 96 oz 💦 💧 💦 yes ✅

Killing the goals Sally! Awesome steppin’ 👠
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunset @shbarbor !

My daughter had some friends sleep over last night and they made cookies and they are so tempting me right now! I have such a hard time resisting cookies. One of the reasons I am holding off baking anything until closer to Christmas this year.

We also have our neighborhood Christmas party tonight so I’m sure I will eat and drink too much. Planning to sip on club soda in between drinks so we’ll see how that works out.
  • shbarbor
    Options
    6eu5gl2f1lwa.jpeg
    shbarbor wrote: »
    I need to learn how to post pics 😩

Sue are you posting from your phone? If so, what I do is it the image and select from my photo library. 👍

Thank you Sally! Yes I am. I used the wrong button then - the one to the left of that one! Thanks so much - now I will know for next time! You’re the best ❤️
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @runarml Oh cookies are a weakness for me too! Good luck with the party tonight! You have a good plan.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Weigh in:
    PW: 223.9
    CW: 224

My actual weight last Saturday was 224.9. Not sure how I got confused but it's all good. Hoping for a 3-pound loss for the next three weeks, but realizing it is probably not going to happen. I'll do my best to get there, though, so I can meet my 50-pound weight loss goal for 2019.

This is not helping! I really need to figure out what's going on because this lack of sleep is causing my anxiety levels to rise. The gym is helping, but I need my 8 hours!! :smirk:
    uvwzc8l3jdch.jpg

Happy Saturday!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    stfmusc5plx0.jpeg

Anything crunchy for me! Corn chips, crispy cookies!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I tend to get a little loose on the weekends which has been hurting my weight loss. Come Monday I'm playing catch up from gaining a pound or two. I have to quit doing that, especially with the colder months ahead where I tend to get less active, like yardwork and other outdoor chores I do on weekends.

My cravings are pasta, pizza, cookies and cakes. Crunchy Cheetos and Doritos.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Check in for 12/6

Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1740) ✔ 1674

Get 5,000 steps a day✔ 11,404

No eating out ✔

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. ✔ 39 minute walk and 20 minutes on the exercise bike

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) ✔
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Weigh in:
    PW: 223.9
    CW: 224

My actual weight last Saturday was 224.9. Not sure how I got confused but it's all good. Hoping for a 3-pound loss for the next three weeks, but realizing it is probably not going to happen. I'll do my best to get there, though, so I can meet my 50-pound weight loss goal for 2019.

This is not helping! I really need to figure out what's going on because this lack of sleep is causing my anxiety levels to rise. The gym is helping, but I need my 8 hours!! :smirk:
    uvwzc8l3jdch.jpg

Happy Saturday!

Sleep as you know is important. 😊 Great job on setting your goals for 2019, very impressive!!

Sometimes when I am stressed or having issues sleeping I use an app called Insight Timer which leads you through breathing exercises, etc. Free app and its helped me.

Weight posted. Have an awesome Saturday!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OKAY I HAVE 2 RECIPES MAKE OVER FOR YA
    CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH ZOODLES AND LASAGNA WITH TURKEY MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES

Zucchini Noodle Chicken Alfredo
    Ingredients
    For 2 servings

• 3 zucchinis, ends trimmed
    • 2 tablespoons butter, OR OLIVE OIL
    • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
    • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • ¾ cup CREAM OR1/2&1/2 ( I USE 1%MILK AND IT'S JUST FINE)
    • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
    • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for serving
    PREPARATION
    1. Using a spiralizer, mandoline, or vegetable peeler, turn the zucchini into thin noodles. Microwave the noodles for 1-2 minutes, and then drain any liquid.
    2. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic and cook until the garlic is beginning to brown and chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
    3. Add the cream, Parmesan, and parsley to the pan, stirring until evenly combined. Bring to a boil, and then stir until the sauce has reduced by about half, 3-5 minutes. Put the chicken back in the sauce and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
    4. Bring to a boil, and then stir until the sauce has reduced by about half. Remove from heat.
    5. Toss the zucchini noodles in with the chicken mixture and stir until the noodles are coated evenly. Serve with more Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
    6. ENJOY

I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT THE NUTRITIONAL INFO AS OF YET. I AM STILL WORKING OUT THE KINKS. I HAVE DECIDED IF I WANT TO THICKEN IT WITH A SLURRY OF JUST (1TO1 OF CORN STARCH AND COLD WATER....1TBS).
    i WOULD ONLY DO THIS AS THE MILK AND THE OLIVE OIL DON'T HAVE THE FAT IN THEM AS WOULD THE CREAM AND BUTTER.
    THIS IS A RECIPE FROM ONE MY GO TO COOKING AND RECIPE SITE....TASTY.COM
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Team! Holidays can be stressful as well all know. Here is an article I was reading for great storage ideas. Less mess less stress!

https://www.hgtv.com/design/rooms/kitchens/20-smart-kitchen-storage-ideas-pictures
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    LASAGNA WITH TURKEY MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ZUCCHINI
    THIS RECIPE COMPARED TO ALL OF THE OTHERS THAT I TRIED HAD THE BEST RESULT OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR… NOW MOST RECIPES ARE BASED ON 4-5 IN SQUARE… I CUT MINE IN HALF 2-3 INCH SQUARE…

Ingredients
    • 1 pound bulk Turkey Italian sausage (recipe to follow)
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
    • 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
    • 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
    • 2 teaspoons sugar
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1 large egg
    • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
    • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
    • 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
    • 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
    Directions
    • In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, basil, oregano and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another large skillet, cook the zucchini in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
    • Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the zucchini, half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce. Layer with remaining noodles, zucchini and ricotta mixture. Top with 2 cups meat sauce.
    • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining meat sauce or save for another use.
    Nutrition Facts
    1 piece: 330 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.

Turkey Italian Sausage
    Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground turkey
    • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    Directions
    In a bowl, combine the turkey, garlic powder, fennel seed, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Shape into eight patties. Cook in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray for about 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Or crumble turkey into a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
    Nutrition Facts
    1 each: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOR THE STEP CHART
    DID I MISS YOUR STEPS FROM ME BEING MIA YESTERDAY
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GET IT POST TODAY!!

0pbq0zzgf1p5.png

• SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    ]
    LASAGNA WITH TURKEY MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ZUCCHINI
    THIS RECIPE COMPARED TO ALL OF THE OTHERS THAT I TRIED HAD THE BEST RESULT OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR… NOW MOST RECIPES ARE BASED ON 4-5 IN SQUARE… I CUT MINE IN HALF 2-3 INCH SQUARE…

Ingredients
    • 1 pound bulk Turkey Italian sausage (recipe to follow)
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
    • 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
    • 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
    • 2 teaspoons sugar
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1 large egg
    • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
    • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
    • 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
    • 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
    Directions
    • In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, basil, oregano and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another large skillet, cook the zucchini in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
    • Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the zucchini, half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce. Layer with remaining noodles, zucchini and ricotta mixture. Top with 2 cups meat sauce.
    • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining meat sauce or save for another use.
    Nutrition Facts
    1 piece: 330 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.

Turkey Italian Sausage
    Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground turkey
    • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    Directions
    In a bowl, combine the turkey, garlic powder, fennel seed, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Shape into eight patties. Cook in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray for about 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Or crumble turkey into a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
    Nutrition Facts
    1 each: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.

Fabulous! Can’t wait to make this healthier version! 💃👏💃
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Satisying Saturday - Cravings

Mostly, I just crave eating out. Especially when I’m in a bad mood or not feeling great. I’ve learned that having a clean kitchen really helps with that and also learning to cook some of my fav meals at home. And honestly, it’s partly why I run. On a long run day fitting in Chipotle or whatever isn’t a problem.

I’ve made a couple bad choices with eating out this week. Sore muscles and having to skip workouts really put me in a funk. I had an awesome run yesterday though and I’m feeling so much better and ready to move past my mistakes from earlier this week.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Check in for 12/6

Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1740) ✔ 1674

Get 5,000 steps a day✔ 11,404

No eating out ✔

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. ✔ 39 minute walk and 20 minutes on the exercise bike

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) ✔

Awesome job Kai! Slaying it and wow steps lady! Posted.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: »
    My daily goals 12/6
    1. Calories < 1500 ✅ 1359
    2. 10,000 steps ❌
    3. 30 min exercise ❌
    4. Log all food ✅

STEPS 12/6 5483

Worked then Long drive to our rental for a cleaning/fix up weekend so no exercise & low steps 😩

Caught a beautiful sunset though!

Absolutely beautiful Sue!! I was able to see the pic once I opened it. That is a lot of work friend!
This discussion has been closed.