Chit chat

Options
14567810»

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I went to Kohl's to return an Amazon purchase the other day. (I never shopped there)
    They gave me a 25% off anything coupon. I stopped there after work yesterday to pickup underwear for my son. I mean, why not?
    They had a sale going on so I poked through the racks and picked a few simply Vera Wang stuff and undies for myself.
    Got to the register and they took additional 35% off the clearance price! Crazy prices. I mean, my panties were like $1.90 at this point!

Why buy retail? This was an eye opening experience at Kohl's🤣🤣
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,821 Member
    Options
    I really love Kohls but it is out of my way most of the time to shop there and I did not like having multiple credit cards. Great products tho with good discounts.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @_vicky2291, hang in there, I too am having issues... up & down the same three pounds repeatedly (and definitely above my happy maintenance weight.) Just think of it as one meal at a time. Even if you stick to your plan for most of the day and then have a 'moment,' it's still a win. We need to treat ourselves like we treat others and not berate ourselves when we are having difficulty, but it isn't always easy....acknowledge your feelings, then move on to choosing healthy next time. Every little bit helps - try to focus on what you are doing right, every day. The fact that you are aware of it is the first step, you can do this.
    irgt0h7p1a4c.png
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    I agree with @canadjineh , @_vicky2291 ! One day at a time! One meal at a time!

What works for me is to keep myself busy. Or make it difficult to eat.
    Do your nails, chew gum, gardening, weeding, reading just something to do. Hope you get your mojo back soon!!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @weatherking2019 how is the schooling at home going? We start on Tuesday.

Last year I homeschooled two of my three. This year I will only be homeschooling one of them, but the other two will be schooling at home. My oldest is a senior and I’m so disappointed that his last year is stuck at home.
  • lucy_Jada
    lucy_Jada Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My kids are doing a hybrid, 1/3 in school and 2/3 at home. All have to mask up at school. Working out well...... I am so happy.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    Homeschooling is great!
    Kids thriving and I love that I can check in time to time!
    I go on lunch walks with my daughter and eat lunch with her everyday. I absolutely love it.

OTF in the morning is also working out well.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Here in California, we are still in school lockdown. My daughter is in High School and doing everything online. I see my neighbors setting up schools and gyms in their garages. I am very impressed by those who have been so creative during these tough times. <3 On a side note, in the last 2 days I have had unmasked people (I also had my mask down) break the 6 foot barrier with me while out on walks. Eeks. :#