2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Goals are good; it just isn't that I'm very goal focused right now. There are few places we can visit, and grocery pickups just aren't the same as a getaway. Each day is "groundhog day."

Physical therapy went well today despite my not having any sleep last night. She increased the weight of the dumbbells used in strengthening my left arm and shoulder.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Goals are good; it just isn't that I'm very goal focused right now. There are few places we can visit, and grocery pickups just aren't the same as a getaway. Each day is "groundhog day."

That's definitely what it's like!!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Jean, how did you feel after PT? Was the added weight okay? You must be making great progress if she’s adding weights.
  • KonaKat
    vcwhvkwmkd14.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - good one!!
  • KonaKat
    edited July 2020
    I went to the city today to get the 2nd of 3 gel injections in my right knee. I return next Tuesday for the 3rd one. Time will tell how well this works. I'm trying to get all medical stuff taken care of before we might be faced with the next unknown step but which could be stay at home again.

Will we have a Black Friday? Or will it be entirely online?
  • mdubbs1
    I'm reading articles that the move to online only shopping is expected to accelerate. I just hope grocery stores don't disappear. PLEASE NO! I'm not a fan of this ordering groceries nonsense.

I guess I'll be making another middle of the night grocery store run in the next week or two. I called and they do do TDAP vaccinations, without a prescription and they do them in the middle of the night. That's one thing I'm behind on. Next Monday I see the endocrinologist so I was organizing paperwork for her today and noticed that vaccination was due early this year (every 10 years).
  • mdubbs1
    I just saw that our county implemented an indoor mask order. Hmmmm, I didn't realize we didn't have that.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, I had that vaccination 6 years ago, and I STILL remember how sore it made my arm. I think it was sore for nearly 3 weeks. I hope you have a better experience than I did.

I’ve been reading about the trend toward going to a cashless society. There are a lot of things to consider. Initially it doesn’t sound like such a big deal, until you realize that it means every single transaction would be recorded and traceable, and that it gives banks tremendous power to control your money. No more slipping a $20 into a birthday card, or paying the baby sitter in cash, or the neighborhood kid with a lemonade stand, etc. to name a few examples.
  • Helene610
    I did my shopping at a produce store today. It’s called Jack and the Beanstalk. They have some produce in outside bins so I was able to get corn and tomatoes outside. I got cukes , peppers, radishes, carrots, squash and baby potatoes. I was able to buy bread, rolls, Italian sausages and Swiss cheese. They weren’t crowded and I have everything I need for awhile. I haven’t tried online food shopping because I have alternatives to the chain grocery stores. I shopped a local organic store for 3-4 items the other day. They’re pricier but I’d rather spend a few dollars extra and not have to deal with crowds.
  • mdubbs1
    Jack and the Beanstalk? Cute!
  • mdubbs1
    At cat shows we only take cash and folks are increasingly perplexed by that!
  • mdubbs1
    q6oc1mpj0542.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited July 2020
    No cash?

w1kjdwniramb.png

• mdubbs1
    lomp2wd4rpq5.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited July 2020
    Rachel Maddow had President Obama's director of homeland security on last night and he was trying to guess who those armed, unidentified folks in Portland are.

There's apparently one division that reports directly to the director that is mostly government contractors (some might call mercenaries). Who knew? But apparently they are supposed to be wearing identification and apparently we're relying on the president's intelligence and goodwill to deploy them. Both of which we are missing.

But just think - someone in Washington had to plot and organize to send these men out in something other than their normal attire.

He guessed some of them might be border patrol.

Want to see a new round of riots in Baltimore? Send in something like that....
  • KonaKat
    Guns for hire time! "It will get worse before it gets better." No kidding; just now realizing that? T just keeps double talking.
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    At cat shows we only take cash and folks are increasingly perplexed by that!
    I have an eye doctor appointment Monday. The instructions said they are not accepting cash or checks ; only credit or debit cards. We’ll probably see more and more of this.
  • Helene610
    I saw an amusing Hamilton parody for Dr Fauci done by a member of the Pentotomics. Just Google Dr Fauci Hamilton and you’ll pull it up. It very clever.