2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    qolbg2x7rv2s.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    We met our friend and a friend of hers for lunch. It was a beautiful day and we opted for outdoor seating. Only one other couple had chosen to eat outside and we were at least 15 feet away. Perhaps others felt it was warm for eating outside. There was a nice breeze and I thought the weather was perfect. We enjoyed meeting her friend as well. She was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I was surprised she had it done arthroscopically. She said the surgeon had put a couple of dissolving screws inside because she also had a broken bone in there. Jean, was your surgery arthroscopic? She at about the same point in her recovery as you are.
  • mdubbs1
    7o2j0u5ipgr4.png
  • mdubbs1
    29e3b4245b60.png
  • mdubbs1
    I'm sitting here wearing my Arendtsville, PA t-shirt. What's wild is I didn't have to custom order it. Someone was selling them on ebay. Who'd think someone would list a t-shirt for a town with 900 residents on a good day? (more like 500 when I was growing up there).

Someone has a ton of old photo post cards on ebay right now. Fun to look at the town in the "olden times".
  • Helene610
    We lost power for about ninety minutes. It’s on the warm side so I was debating our options if it stayed off too long. I had downloaded some movies on my IPad so I watched one but I didn’t charge it overnight so I didn’t have much battery left. About then, the power came on and went off again after five minutes. It came back half an hour later and so far, so good. I had considered going out for ice cream, listening to an audiobook in the car and enjoying the AC. Didn’t have to do that but that’s my plan B if it goes again. The message from the power company was they had damage to their equipment. I figure that means a car took out a power pole.
  • Helene610
    I forgot to say the IPad is charging now in case the power goes again.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Helene--I have two backup battery chargers, each of which is capable of charging a tablet almost 2 times, and my smart phone three times. You asked about my surgery. It was arthroscopic. I had three small incision points for the camera and instruments. I've not regretted having it done. I have no pain and my range of motion, thanks to physical therapy, is far better than before surgery.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We lost power for about ninety minutes. It’s on the warm side so I was debating our options if it stayed off too long. I had downloaded some movies on my IPad so I watched one but I didn’t charge it overnight so I didn’t have much battery left. About then, the power came on and went off again after five minutes. It came back half an hour later and so far, so good. I had considered going out for ice cream, listening to an audiobook in the car and enjoying the AC. Didn’t have to do that but that’s my plan B if it goes again. The message from the power company was they had damage to their equipment. I figure that means a car took out a power pole.

We have a generator. I thought that was really neat, and it is, but when I learned there are whole house generators I asked DH why the heck we don't have that and he still doesn't have a great answer. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    edited July 2020
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene--I have two backup battery chargers, each of which is capable of charging a tablet almost 2 times, and my smart phone three times.

That's really great! I need to check into those. I admit I get really tired of charging things. I know it's good for the environment but.....
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--Check out Amazon for power banks with minimum of 10,000 mah. This is one:
    POWERADD EnergyCell 10000, Ultra-Compact High-Speed Charging Portable Charger, Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh Power Bank There is another brand that is almost double the charging capacity.
  • KonaKat
    I had my routine follow up with my primary doctor today. I've gained ten pounds since early March.
  • Helene610
    We have a battery charger that we keep in the car. We use it for jumping a car battery. It never occurred to me that I could charge a tablet with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had my annual eye exam today. They had a drive up check in. They took cell numbers and asked you to wait in the car until call. I was to use door 3. When Mary came out to get me I joked it felt like Let’sMake A Deal and I pick door 3. She explain that each doctor had a door so their patients didn’t mingle. They had numbers on the exam rooms so Mary knew she was taking me to 6. She also explained that everything had been sanitized before I entered and would be done again when I left. She dialed my eyes and I had to wait in a waiting area, socially distanced from the few other patients waiting to see the doctor. I saw him in a different room than Mary’s. They were like a well oiled machine and I felt pretty safe in there.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I had my routine follow up with my primary doctor today. I've gained ten pounds since early March.

That could have been a LOT worse, for everything you've been through!
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We have a battery charger that we keep in the car. We use it for jumping a car battery. It never occurred to me that I could charge a tablet with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had my annual eye exam today. They had a drive up check in. They took cell numbers and asked you to wait in the car until call. I was to use door 3. When Mary came out to get me I joked it felt like Let’sMake A Deal and I pick door 3. She explain that each doctor had a door so their patients didn’t mingle. They had numbers on the exam rooms so Mary knew she was taking me to 6. She also explained that everything had been sanitized before I entered and would be done again when I left. She dialed my eyes and I had to wait in a waiting area, socially distanced from the few other patients waiting to see the doctor. I saw him in a different room than Mary’s. They were like a well oiled machine and I felt pretty safe in there.

i know I'll have to see my eye doctors when the appointments come around. Eyesight is important!

I saw my endocrinologist today. Office was incredibly empty. Everything felt very safe but I have to wonder how they're going to keep the lights on if this goes on for awhile. She wants to see me again in 6 months to see if she needs to biopsy one of the cysts again. Who knows how the world will be in 6 months?

She immediately commented on how thin I looked (and they hadn't weighed me). That made me feel good. She asked me what I was doing and I basically gave her a quick rundown of the "Maryanne plan". LOL!

They weren't making people wait outside but had only 3 chairs in the waiting room spaced widely apart. For some reason a part of the waiting room was totally closed off with portable partitions.

One thing I found strange was they still had a human in the parking "booth" taking money if you didn't pay at the machine inside (which I had). I guess those parking fees are important enough to risk someone's life?

One good thing? They didn't have the awful "tv" on - they always showed a constant stream of infomercials.
  • Helene610
    Gee, my eye doctor seems to show HGTV design shows anytime I’ve been in the waiting room. Since I like those shows anyway, it helps pass the time.

Jean, I agree that 10 pounds isn’t so bad with what you’ve been through. They call it the Quarantine 15 so You’re below the average.
  • mdubbs1
    Actual TV in a waiting room is bad enough - one of my pet peeves (as well as DH's). You can't escape it and you can't even wear ear plugs because you have to be able to hear them call you. A screen that shows a constant stream of commercials is beyond the pale (I've only ever seen that at the endocrinologist).

I can remember some specific doctor waiting room/tv episodes.

I was at the eye doctor during the cheeto's inauguration which I did NOT want to see. I sort of hid out in a far corner of the packed waiting room, out of eye shot.

I was the only one in the car dealer's waiting room one day and I went out and asked if they could turn off the TV. Looked at me a little funny, but did it.

Sitting in the waiting room waiting for my wrist surgery, their tv was blaring daytime talk shows. DH went around the room, quietly asked everyone if they'd mind if the tv was turned off, and then asked the front desk to do it. He wasn't about to sit there for hours waiting for me with that blaring and they wouldn't let him leave.

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I suppose the TV in waiting rooms never bothers me because I ALWAYS have my reader with me so I tune out whatever is going on around me.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I suppose the TV in waiting rooms never bothers me because I ALWAYS have my reader with me so I tune out whatever is going on around me.

LOL! It bothers me BECAUSE I want to read.
  • Helene610
    I usually bring a book with me. There are no more magazines in waiting rooms so you definitely have to fend for yourself.