Morena's accountability and "just talking to myself here" thread

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    My apologies for so many typo errors😩 My phone just has a mind of its own. Hope you understand what I am trying to say. Apologies again😞
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    And onto today’s food accountability. A TV dinner to celebrate two completely different things: lunar new year, and the life of Monty Python genius Terry Jones, who passed away a few days ago. So we watched a few eps of that while demolishing:

- Steamed pork buns
    - Korean cheese corn
    - Korean lettuce salad

Oh - also had a non-alcoholic beer. That went down niiiiice.

Please enjoy the sight of my son’s hairy legs:

4v5u58ire9nu.jpeg
  • Morena_2020
    jadepearl wrote: »
    My apologies for so many typo errors😩 My phone just has a mind of its own. Hope you understand what I am trying to say. Apologies again😞

Didn’t notice any! Just looking at what everyone has to rather than how they say it, if you know what I mean.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome, Morena!

You can totally do this. Keep your food choices simple and follow my advice to the letter. Eat what you want and can make a meal out of and you can own everything. It's not too good to be true. I promise.

-Joe
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Your food looks so dang good. Good lordy. I need to remind myself not to read your thread if I'm even remotely hungry lol
  • Morena_2020
    Welcome, Morena!

You can totally do this. Keep your food choices simple and follow my advice to the letter. Eat what you want and can make a meal out of and you can own everything. It's not too good to be true. I promise.

-Joe

Thanks, Joe! I'm on it. And thanks for the promise - I'm relying on it. :smile:
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Your food looks so dang good. Good lordy. I need to remind myself not to read your thread if I'm even remotely hungry lol

Ha! Well, I start my new job in a couple of days and it's 3x the commute, so there will be a lot more DH-cooked meals and they might be a little more basic!

Although... not necessarily because we are now putting LOTS of leftovers in the freezer for him to pull out. Ordinarily we make enough food to have leftovers for lunches; that's cut right back but it's about to become a non-issue because manchild DS (who's been doing 5:2) has decided to switch to OMAD too! That means that we'll be an OMAD household except on alternate weeks when my stepdaughter stays with us. So yeah. This is about to save us a bunch of time and $$$.
  • Morena_2020
    edited January 2020
    Tonight’s Sunday roast dinner (which I wasn’t able to finish):

- Roast chicken
    - Potato bake
    - Sautéed veggies
    - Half a slice of DH’s most excellent spelt bread (not pictured)

hwexc3p5eyja.jpeg

I’m measuring myself tomorrow. I’m a mixture of curious, nervous and excited!
  • jadepearl
    Congratulations on your new job👍🎊🎉 Wow, 3x to commute? Thank goodness for the creation of cars👍🚙🚗 Your DS is doing OMAD too? Great job👍 My 2 kids are very skinny like their Dad. No matter how they eat, they can never put on weight. But for me, a bite more and I will gain a kilo😭 Your meals are always so delicious 🤤🤤🤤 Good luck with your measuring in tomorrow 👍🍀🤞
  • Morena_2020
    I have one very slight, very muscular son, and a son and daughter who put weight on easily like me. Go figure!

Anyway. This week’s progress:

dx2uuq4uvr83.jpeg

Absolutely STUNNED at the hip reduction (that’s usually the last thing to go on me), and confused at the little I lost around the waist, which is usually the first thing to go on me. I’m fairly bloated and AF is here so I’m kinda hoping that’s it. But of it isn’t, I’ll just keep going - there’s nothing else for it, right?

Tonight’s dinner (no pix because we had family over and I didn’t want to):

- Homemade lasagna
    - Homemade garlic and rosemary focaccia
    - Sautéed zucchini and peppers
    - Bean salad

Off to get ready for my first day tomorrow!
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your loss👍👏🎉 Keep up the good work😘 Whenever AF comes for her monthly visit, I will be bloated and put on some weight🙄 So, you have 3 kids? I have 2 😁 Your dinner sounds delicious 🤤🤤🤤 You guys make your own bread too? Same here🍞🥖 Good luck with your 1st day of work. 🥰
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is so awesome on your results....that truly shows what good work you have done!!! keep it up. Don't over complicate it (I have before) !!! :p

Congrats on your new job! B)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great and it's awesome that your family is joining you on the OMAD train!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    AMAZING!!! Measurements are great for that!!! I'm too lazy for all that but good on ya boo!!! Glad your fam is on board!!!! Mine thinks I'm a NUT! Not because they don't believe it works (and support me full, thank the good Lord). but because they don't think they could go all day without eating - I keep trying to tell them I worked my way into it, but they just think I have WILL OF STEEL! And I let them think that :D
  • Morena_2020
    LOL Steph! And thanks, everyone. No replies tonight - it was a full-on day with a 5.30am start and I’m wiped out. Sorryyyyyyy!

Not an easy fast today. Lots of nervous energy because of the new job and my new team is huge; in my last team there was a maximum of 12 people in the office at any given time and lunches were usually taken outside. But there’s 100 people on my floor alone and it’s all open so when lunchtime came around, omigosh! The delicious smells. But I hung in until I got home after 7pm.

Here it is: Vietnamese beef bowl. Gnight everyone!

6x8b1f5js33n.jpeg

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    WOO! Those are some great results!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Your meal looks great! Congrats on your new job......I have to shut my office door if I start to smell food....even though I may not be hungry ---the smell sometimes will convince me that I am........willpower :(......
  • Morena_2020
    Thank you! And yeah... I don’t get an office in this building, alas - it’s all open with hot desks. That said, it is a stunning place with lots of places to get away to, including an edible garden, so I might just have to get the heck out when it gets too much.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    I know how it is the feeling open space, pizzas celebrating all over and so on, but we stay strong, don't we? o:)
    Congrats for the lovely meals you prepare!
  • Morena_2020
    edited January 2020
    Thank you!

And oyyy I’m so tired! These early mornings are taking more getting used to than the first few days of OMAD!

Sorry about the lack of participation, just need to check in. It was hot and I was a little grumpy so I had an ice cream on a stick. Didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would - go figure.

- lamb chops
    - chili potatoes (which I barely touched)
    - corn
    - butternut mash (need this because my gut isn’t doing great at the moment)
    - salad (not pictured)
    - an ice cream (not pictured)

eda60joduaoo.jpeg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Meal looks delicious but what are chili potatoes?