Morena's accountability and "just talking to myself here" thread

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Your meals are just amazing :yum: Is your DH a Chef? Seems like everyone in your family are great cooks <3 I am more a carbo person. If I don't have enough carbo, I get cranky... :lol: That's why I love OMAD as it doesn't restrict what I can or cannot eat. Have a good weekend <3
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No, but he’s a good cook! Although credit where credit’s due: I made the mash while he was at the barbie doing the fish and veggies. 😄And yeah... we all love our carbs. It’s one of the main reasons I’m doing OMAD. I can do keto in the short term, but not the long. It affects me in all kinds of ways.

My goal one of these days though is to cook rice and pasta ahead of time and chill it (reheat before eating). It creates resistant starch, which means it behaves as if it were high fibre, and lowers the GI. Now that I’m planning my meals it should be easy!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Hi everyone, late check-in.

All good around here! Went to a gig last night with a friend and went out for dinner beforehand. Had a delicious (and quite wholesome) Lebanese meal composed of salad and a few mezze, and it was fab. Another gig tonight (I’m too old for this!) and we’ll have dinner at home beforehand - lasagna, salad, veggies and focaccia.

No pictures for any of this stuff and I think that’s probably me until Monday morning. Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Hope you’re all having a nice end to the weekend or great start to the week. It was a great weekend for me - if busy - and Sunday I think I had what was my best fast day EVER. Not a single hunger pang or craving, even though I was meal prepping most of the day! Still - managed to have a hearty meal that I’ve been craving for a couple of months and it was gooooood. I think I probably went over my calories a bit, but I’m not stressing about it. Just enjoyed dinner with the fam.

- Arroz con pollo
    - Salad (not pictured)
    - Ice cream (not pictured - about 100 cal)

How is everyone else doing?

wq6egm6ei3s2.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks amazing!!!!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Quick check in! All good around here. Just doin’ the do, you know, and finding the whole thing super easy lately. It’s been nearly a month so I don’t know whether it’s my mind or my body that’s adjusting, but over the past few days I’ve had NO hunger pangs. Amazing.

And so onto this week’s losses:

ty1kxemt0i11.jpeg

I was expecting a whoosh from my tummy and got it, so I’m really pleased. So far, my losses have been consistent and significant - and it’s been so easy!

Staying strong this week since we’re going away for the weekend. It’s our 10th wedding anniversary and there will be a little bit of indulgence! I’m not expecting to lose any weight this week because of it, but that’s OK - the benefits of fasting are still there, and I’ll OMAD right up to it, and right after it. 😊
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You are definitely doing your thing. Congrats on the whoosh and anniversary. Enjoy the celebration.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW that is amazing results! Happy Anniversary :)
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    ❤️Happy Anniversary❤️ OMG, congratulations on your whoosh👍👍👍 That looks delicious.. Is it similar to paella?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RESULTS DARLING!!!! Sorry it took me ages to catch up, but you're doing SO WELL!!!! And what a great result for your hubby!!! Vanity is nice and all but health is THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! Thrilled to hear he's getting rid of his Type II!!!!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! As you’ve seen, I haven’t skimped on portions or any food group, so I’m pretty sure I can do this at this point. And like you say, Steph, health is the most important thing, so once we’re down to a healthy weight we’ll continue fasting, either 16:8 or a couple times a week, because the benefits are just stunning.

@jadepearl Yes - very similar, except you can cook this one in the oven as well as the cooktop. In fact, in some parts of Spain they call it “chicken paella”.

So: last night’s dinner. A little carb-heavy but not really feeling it. Plus, we have to use the leftovers! Soooo many leftovers now that we’re not eating them for lunch! As usual, crap pic but tasty actual food.

- Chiffonade soup
    - Empanada
    - Tuna pie
    - Garlic naan
    - Fruit salad (not pictured)

bw3vs9kt3ii8.jpeg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    That looks sooooo gooooooooooood!!! What's in chiffonade soup? I mean, I know what a chiffonade CUT is but what are we chiffonade-ing? :D
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    yes what is the soup??? Looks amazing.....*drool*
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Ohhh it’s really easy. Traditionally it’s made with lettuce (it’s perfect for using the outer leaves of romaine) but I made this one with Swiss chard. Simply sauté one finely chopped onion in butter, add the greens cut into chiffonade, and stir until they wilt. Add chicken stock (I used a cube - meh) and simmer 10-15 minutes. Next, add a handful or two of rice and cook until the rice is very tender - 15-20 minutes. I like to put in a few cubes of cheese in each serving, as you can see!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Thanks!!! I for sure will be giving that a try :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    DITTO!!! Def gonna try that out!!! Using bone broth of course cause I'm a freak LMAO
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Bone broth is amazing (although I just call it stock!). Ordinarily it’s what I’d use but I didn’t have any and it was getting late. 😊

Yesterday was another good day, but have to say it was challenging at lunchtime even though I wasn’t hungry. We have a wonderfully diverse workplace and a decent proportion of the staff come from India and Sri Lanka; omigosh - the food they are microwaving at lunchtime smells sooooooo good! But at this point it’s more funny than anything else. Can’t say I’m suffering!

Speaking of which: my son cooked last night and it was AMAZING. I just didn’t get proper pictures of it and it just looks nasty. 😄

Have a great day, everyone!

- Pasta pesto
    - Garlic flat bread
    - Baked ricotta with herbs and roasted garlic
    - Sautéed greens (not pictured)
    - Green salad (not pictured)

sf5cillbyalu.jpeg
    zltuoxr1gc0s.jpeg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM <3
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    omg I have water in my mouth :smile: ) :)