Morena's accountability and "just talking to myself here" thread

Options

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What is butternut mashed? It is mashed butternut squash?

• Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    They’re stir-fried potatoes (pre-cooked or not - doesn’t matter) seasoned with soy, a little vinegar, a little chili oil, with a big spoonful of chili crisp mixed in at the end. If you love chilies, chili crisp is AMAZING.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    OMG that sounds so delicious :)
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    It sounds very good ! Glad you put these photos , we can learn new recipes! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Your new place sounds interesting..wow, with a edible garden? 100 people on 1 floor? Are you in the stock exchange like my cousin? I have a less exciting job as hubby and I work together... lol Your OMAD is always so yummy <3 Hope you will get use to the travelling soon as it must be so tiring. I know how it feels whenever we drive down to Melb..around 3 hours too. Keep up the good work with your OMAD! :+1:
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Ha! No, I’m in marketing in a healthcare company. :smile: And the travel is a challenge but it’s totally worth it.

Today was good! A successful fast without any hassles other than tummy not settling down, dammit. Anyway: tonight’s dinner from DS is a bit... overdone, let’s say. And the pic is woeful! But it was all super tasty and gave us a break from the meat.

- Tomato pasta
    - Braised green beans with garlic
    - Saganaki
    - Green salad (not pictured)
    - Ice cream sandwich.

1aiwjkawop36.jpeg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look overdone to me, that fried cheese looks perfect!!! :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I agree ---looks great!!! I need to do a better job with meal photos....
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Aaaand now my stomach is gurgling lol
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    These photos are sooooo bad. I love Instagramming what I cook and eat but normally take a lot of care. With these I really want to sit down and eat so I’m just quickly plonking everything on the plate and shouting, “Quick! Someone give me a phone so I can take a picture for accountability!”

My challenge at the moment is getting my gut to cooperate. Don’t want to get into TMI territory here but while the first couple of weeks didn’t affect my regularity at all, the third week got me like a bish. AF always affects it too but it seems more than that - I’ve had super bloat. We eat lots of veggies but my insoluble fibre intake is down (not so much of hubby’s spelt bread) and I’ve always been bad at drinking water. So I’ve upped my water and things appear to kinda be getting moving, maybe? I read that magnesium citrate helps (and also helps with sleep and adds electrolytes) so I’m going to see about adding some tonight.

Catch you all tonight for dinner!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, most times I forget to even take a picture or I've already taken a couple bites :p
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Hope that you will soon get use to the travelling :) Your food always make me salivate..yummy :) I always forget to take a photo too...: lol. Hope that magnesium citrate will help you *fingers cross* Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Didn’t post last night because I was wiped out. It’s going to sound weird for a supposedly wealthy country, but our railway lines are OLD and when it’s hot they buckle and it throws the entire train system into chaos - trains run slow, there’s cancellations, people packed in on trains in 105o heat... Anyway. I left work early at 3.45pm and arrived at my station at 7.15pm! I was exhausted and ravenous. Broke my fast with a spoonful of peanut butter and some watermelon before dinner which wasn’t too bad, but I DEFINITELY ate too much at dinner and had such bad cramps I had to RUN to the loo! Not my best day. But all up it wasn’t too bad, I guess. I only ate a little outside my window, and as far as the calories go, meh - I’ll just chalk them up to “I’ll do better next time”.

DH cooked:

- T-bone with roast garlic butter
    - Rosemary smashed potatoes
    - Butternut mash (it’s helping my tummy)
    - Green salad (not pictured)

Keeping up my water. 2+ litres in two days which is HUGE for me and it appears to be helping my tummy get back to normal.

wuep888179k6.jpeg
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    What is butternut mashed? It is mashed butternut squash?

Why did I think you were asking about the potatoes? Holy moly you must think I’m in la-la land! Yeah, it’s just mashed butternut squash. Mashed butternut or pumpkin with a little olive oil was my mum’s remedy for when we were constipated.

• jadepearl
    Options
    You are so right, sadly our train system is plain terrible :( Do you take the VLine back home? Your food is always so yummy <3 So sorry to hear about your cramps <3 Great job on your 2L water :+1: I am also trying to get in minimum 2L per day :)
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, JP!

And it’s another late night from me. We went to the movies and had a delicious dinner beforehand as well as an ice cream when we were there. Another kinda indulgent meal but hey - date night!

- Mixed Chinese BBQ
    - Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce
    - Rice (not pictured)
    - Ice cream cone (not pictured!

Tummy taking a while to normalise. I was at the shops today fully intending to buy magnesium citrate and totally forgot! D’oh!

tm1ua42opikr.jpeg
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yummy yum yum!!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Quick morning update because I have to tell you all about my husband. Two weeks in and last night he was able to wear the jeans he wasn't able to do up six months ago! But far more importantly: since OMAD he's been cutting back and cutting back his medication for Type 2 diabetes, and in the last couple of days has stopped taking them altogether. He's being very careful, and taking his blood measurements five times a day (there are also meds and prescription repeats on standby), and his blood sugar is NORMAL.

You guys... this is huge. I am so happy. IF and OMAD are AMAZING.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Quick morning update because I have to tell you all about my husband. Two weeks in and last night he was able to wear the jeans he wasn't able to do up six months ago! But far more importantly: since OMAD he's been cutting back and cutting back his medication for Type 2 diabetes, and in the last couple of days has stopped taking them altogether. He's being very careful, and taking his blood measurements five times a day (there are also meds and prescription repeats on standby), and his blood sugar is NORMAL.

You guys... this is huge. I am so happy. IF and OMAD are AMAZING.

AWESOME!!!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Firstly, a huge congratulations to your DH. That's amazing news🎊👏👍 I am also salivating here looking at your mix chinese BBQ🤤🤤🤤