Morena's accountability and "just talking to myself here" thread

Options

Replies

• Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Decided to take a leaf out of @jadepearl ‘s book and try making roti jala, which i’ve never had before. Whoooaaa it was delish!

So tonight’s dinner was:

- Malaysian-style chicken curry
    - Tomato egg
    - StIr- fried greens (not pictured)
    - Rice
    - Roti jala

Happy Sunday, everyone!

lmc9ki7n6hvy.jpeg
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Congrats for yr husband and have a nice Sunday , meal looks nice !!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news. Congratulations!!!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm really feeling it - I love that guy and want him with me for a long time.

Anyhoo. This week's losses!

ymqfvqt8y8h0.jpg

There's no way I gained a bunch of fat around my hips in a week so I have to face the truth: I made a mistake measuring last week. I guess that's the limitation of the tape measure - you have to position it in the same spot every week. Still, now the hips make more sense because like I said last week, they are the most stubborn. And I'm happy with this loss. Since I started, three weeks and two days ago, I have lost 6cm (2.5 inches) each off my bust, waist, and hips.

On to tonight's dinner:

- Smoky tuna pie
    - Salad
    - Dessert banana (not pictured)

syphvsdhpnjj.jpg

Finally, this week is going to be a bit all over the place. I have a welcome lunch at my workplace tomorrow, and a conference which includes lunch the day after that, so I'll be going off the OMAD plan and doing 16:8. And I'll be very cautious not to blow it completely; I haven't successfully done 16:8 before so wish me luck!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Morena, You also have the option of making your lunch meals your OMAD for those two days and then get back to your regular schedule afterwards. You are doing great by the way. KUTGW!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you DH loss and his health so awesome!!!

Yes I agree with @LadyBlanks If I have a big meal at work it is my OMAD for the day. If I am still hungry or feel the need to eat ---I will just have a smoothie or something healthy at night or make it an IF day like you said.

Your meals are mouth-watering :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yuuum. You are doing so great and so happy for your husband!! I hope it helps to encourage him to keep going!
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Yep - got it. It’s just that one of the reasons I’m doing OMAD at night is so that I can have a meal with the fam. I’ll see how I feel tonight.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    That roti jala and curry chicken looks delicious 🤩 You guys can really cook 👍 You and your DH are both doing awesome 👍👏 Keep up the good work ❤️
  • Morena_2020
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks @jadepearl ! I’ve never had, let alone made, roti jala so I don’t know if it was the way it’s meant to be, but they were certainly yummy!

Well, I had two meals yesterday: Thai with my new work mates, which was good, and dinner with the fam. It was OK. But not feeling particularly great this morning. Not bad... just not great. I’m bloaty and don’t have the usual spring in my step kind of thing. I’m supposed to be doing lunch again at this function I’m going to, but am rethinking the whole thing. Just not sure that it’s worth it. Particularly since it’s just going to be “professional function food”, you know? Nothing special to even make it worthwhile! 😄

I’ll see how I go. There’ll be a bunch of my ex colleagues there and the pressure to eat for social reasons will be strong, so let’s see!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I totally understand the pressure thing esp with work folks. Hopefully you will make the best choice for you, it is hard though I know.....

It is so cool how with OMAD you can actually tell how you feel especially if you over do it. I over did it one day last week, and it was a train wreck, and I felt it in my body, and my mind, I was grumpy too :).,.....Getting back on OMAD is good for the mind as well :).....

*stay strong*
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Well Donna and everyone, I took your advice and stayed strong! Just decided it wasn’t worth it. Not only that, it was THE easiest fast day yet! The food today was perfectly nice (and keep it mind it was breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea!) but barely a hunger pang and absolutely ZERO FOMO. I’m actually super proud of myself for that!

Not so proud of this meal here. My son felt like BBQ so he cooked out on the outdoor grill and this is what it looked like: meat, meat and more meat! And when I was taking this picture he said, “Make sure you take a picture of the salad so they don’t think it’s a completely junky meal!”

Well, watever it was, it was certainly HUGE, and I could only eat about half. OK - maybe two-thirds. Phew! But what can I say? I enjoyed it and am feeling pretty good. 😊

2sldr7cosj5b.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Super happy you stayed strong!!! Way to go.....OMG all the meat looks amazing :) and that is awesome your son cooks!!!!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    You did amazing, girl👍😘 How old is your DS as he cooks dinner? My DS will be turning 14 and he is learning how to cook in school (Food Tech). Your BBQ dinner looks yummy yum yum.
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    That meal looks amazing. You earned it for being good and resisting the earlier food offerings.
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    @jadepearl He’s ten years older than yours! That’s why I call him our manchild. 😄

Yesterday was pretty liberating, actually. It made me think about what I really want, and cleared the way for a few more mindful decisions. Like understanding that I don’t have to eat, and I don’t have to explain it to anyone. Like thinking: if I’m going to do a 2MAD, what do I prefer: this kind of thing, or brunch with DH?
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    For me I think OMAD has been so liberating....I am not perfect by any means, but the main thing is that I realized that I control food ----it no longer controls me........that was a huge thing for me when it finally sunk in :).......

• jadepearl
    Options
    Ah...I see :lol: Yes, OMAD has made me realize that I can control my food intake. :)
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    have a lovely and successful day in getting the ideas in order and plan ! <3
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Somewhat late checking in - last night I was just wiped out! And I’m going out two nights in a row to catch gigs so my posting is going to be patchy over the next few days.

Anyway. Hubby cooked last night and we got:

- Blackened salmon
    - Stir-fried veggies
    - Roast garlic mash
    - Fromage frais and prune compote for dessert

I don’t like having dessert all the time but the prunes were my idea. Gotta get some fibre in and it’s a little difficult when you’re also prioritising protein and veg in your one meal of the day. Ah well, hopefully I’ll get back to normal soon.

Have a great day/evening, wherever in the world you happen to be!

1gcybo03kt3a.jpeg

56m0w97frojk.jpeg