dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Real name ....Fiona
    Age 55
    Weigh day....monday
    Weight....223.4
    Aim this month to lose at least 8lbs.
    Hi I really struggle with my weight and have done for years. I hit so much then I seem to lose it and I dont know why. I wish I could get to the bottom of it all.
    I hope to get on my treadmill, use my wii fit, log all food and hit 10000 steps daily. Drink lots of water too. Basically kick my own backside into doing stuff.
    Hope to get lots of inspiration here aswell as support.
    Good luck everyone xxx

Congrats 🥳 on the loss! I see you mention a step goal, would you be interested in joining the step challenge. We are going to set a weekly step goal as a team and see if we can beat it. You just report your steps here starting with yesterday’s steps.

Yes I'd love to join my steps yesterday were 6898
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    Real name ....Fiona
    Age 55
    Weigh day....monday
    Weight....223.4
    Aim this month to lose at least 8lbs.
    Hi I really struggle with my weight and have done for years. I hit so much then I seem to lose it and I dont know why. I wish I could get to the bottom of it all.
    I hope to get on my treadmill, use my wii fit, log all food and hit 10000 steps daily. Drink lots of water too. Basically kick my own backside into doing stuff.
    Hope to get lots of inspiration here aswell as support.
    Good luck everyone xxx

Congrats 🥳 on the loss! I see you mention a step goal, would you be interested in joining the step challenge. We are going to set a weekly step goal as a team and see if we can beat it. You just report your steps here starting with yesterday’s steps.

Yes I'd love to join my steps yesterday were 6898

That’s great! What is your daily step goal?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 60 minute walk
    Water: above goal

Didn’t make it to pool today but it is on the agenda for tomorrow.

Tuesday’s goals
    1. Swim and aqua fit exercises
    2. Minimum 30 minute walk
    3. Log all food accurately ( salmon on menu for tomorrow)
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Monday check in.
    Calories under
    Exercise chasing and carrying a thirty pound two year old for 6 hours along with his baby brother. Not sure it that counts but I am feeling it.
    Water above goal

Really feeling sore and hurting today. Not sure if it is all from having the little ones today or if I am also just hurting from having fibromyalgia and being off meds for until June for medical reasons. Having Girl Scout Cookies sitting on my kitchen counter isn't helping my day either. I ordered them before I knew I couldn't eat them (medical not mfp reasons.) Having the kids was great but I am so tired. I had a workshop put on by Score tonight or I would already be in bed.

I am reading everyone's posts but don't know you all yet. Your progress and comraderie is great. Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight or otherwise met your goals.

Charlotte
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’m Jenn! If you see my post floating around out there sorry, I thought I posted but I do t see it here! Welcome everyone! I’m hitting the hay but can’t wait to kick off March Madness!! 💕😊💕😊💕
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: over :s
    Exercise: not really, but I got in a decent number of steps
    Water: if I could count coffee, I’d be fine

Tomorrow (Today really because I’m late posting): I’m AM going to get in a bike session. Yes I AM!!! I have really got to get a better handle on what goes in my mouth! So frustrated with myself. Just for today, I will log everything and stay under my goal. One Day at a Time!

Step Challenge—I love that we are setting a team goal for the week and working toward that together!!!

Steps so far in March:
    3/1– 10,975
    3/2– 9,715

My realistic goal for this challenge will be 8000 every day. I’d love to do over 10k most days but let’s start here.

Plank Challenge—yes, both days. Yay!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Monday 03/02

Calories: way over
    Water: 2.250L
    Steps: 23,904
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba

Happy Tuesday team. Yesterday I had a great day with workouts but a bad day with food. I felt so hungry all day and went way over my calories. I had a small spike on the scale but still on course for the week.

I went to see my surgeon and have been scheduled for surgery end of September this year. This is the next step in my skin removal surgeries which is a back lift along with the repairs needed to be made from my previous surgery (mostly right breast). The only thing left after that is the skin on my thighs but I’m not even sure I’ll be doing that. In the meantime I just want to lost the weight I gained over the past year and hopefully I can manage this before surgery in September.

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last February weigh in

Previous 309.2
    Current 310.4

Just got back from a week long vacation in Palm Beach Florida. I hate to say it but I almost consider it a victory only gaining 1.2. Back to the grind today!!!! Not going to let this get me down!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    3/2
    Steps- 18,823
    Plank Challenge- done
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last February weigh in

Previous 309.2
    Current 310.4

Just got back from a week long vacation in Palm Beach Florida. I hate to say it but I almost consider it a victory only gaining 1.2. Back to the grind today!!!! Not going to let this get me down!

It is a victory! Travelling, eating out and different foods can show fluctuations on the scale.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I promise February week 4 and overall step results will be posted tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise: 60 minute walk
    Plank challenge: done
    Water: over goal

Wednesday’s goals
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes
    2. Swim and aqua fit exercises
    3. Plan evening snacks to avoid over eating

• UTMom81
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calories: under!
    Exercise: early morning bike ride and a walk in the park in the afternoon
    Water: GOAL! 80 oz today!

Tomorrow: will be in meetings all day each of the next 3 days. I’ll have to make myself get up extra early if I have success with any exercise to speak of. I’ve already packed a healthy lunch for tomorrow. Hoping to log everything again and stay under again too.

Steps for yesterday, March 1: 9,715

Plank Challenge: Done!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    3/2
    Steps- 18,823
    Plank Challenge- done

Wow, great stepping!!!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone happy Tuesday!!

PW-??? I can’t remember
    CW - 169.6

Today was a super long day at work, over 12 hours, but at least I got to work from home, so no commute which was nice. I am just now getting my workout done, but my Apple Challenge is an average of 50 minutes a day, so I making it a priority no matter what.
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!💕😊💕😊🌸🌸🌸
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, February was an off month for me, spent most it in maintenance just trying to not gain. However, this is a new month and I’m ready to refocus and move downward again.

Good luck to you on all your goals!!

Yes you e for this! 💪🏻 welcome back for the new month! Looking forward to losing with you!
    Weigh in March Week 1
    charlottemilton
    Previous 266
    current 259.5

First week loss 6.5 lbs. I know lbs lost each week will be lower because I won't have the big week 1 loss again. I have a long way to go to get to a "normal" weight, but according to my doctor, I don't have a choice. Diagnosed a bit over a week ago with gastritis and non alcoholic fatty liver disease. On meds and special diet for the gastritis for three months or so until it clears up and then just need to lose weight to hopefully turn around the fatty liver. No cure other than lose weight and time. Fairly easy to stay away from rich food right now because it causes pain but I am not sure once the pain is gone if I can continue to watch what I eat as carefully.

Charlotte

Well done Charlotte. I know you can do this! Nothing like our health depending on it to get us going! You’ve got this and we are all here to help you get through this like a champ ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    ErinBEW wrote: »
    Hey team. I’m new to the group. I’ve been on MFP since 2011 and have lost 30lbs, but, I took a 2-year hiatus because I had a lot going on at the time. I’m back to refocus on getting healthier. I was really looking for a group that could help hold me accountable, and I found you! This community seems great, and I look forward to loosing with you.

A little about me: I’m a mom of 2 girls (ages 11 and 8.) I work from home so I don’t move as much these days but have a treadmill in my office, so trying to stay motivated to at least walk more throughout the day. I live in Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Welcome Erin! Glad you found our group! I do hope it’s just what you need to get yourself back on track. You’ve got this!
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! My name is Jen and I’m one of the motivators. I’ve been with this challenge group for a few years now. I struggle with consistency and stickigg big to good habits I’ve been trying to establish.

I am almost 45, married and have two kids - 13 and 7. It’s tough most days to focus on myself but I know if I gave up on this I would be so much worse off.

My goal for March is to lose what I gained in February (2lbs) plus more.

Good luck everyone!

We can do this Jen! Thanks for always keeping us motivated. I also must lost what I’ve gained and I’m so happy I’ve got you and this team rooting for me! We can do it!
    Username: girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: sun
    Previous Weight: 168
    Today's Weight: 168

Hi my name is Casey, I am a 6’ tall SAHM of three kiddos . I am pretty close to my goal weight, so I tend to go up and down about 2 lbs from my current weight. I run about 3 x a week, I have a half marathon in 20 days and am hoping to start indoor rock climbing tomorrow. It’s hard to carve out time for yourself. There’s so much guilt, and late and early workouts. But, the whole family is better when you are taking care of yourself. Good luck this month!

Wow so inspiring! I am just trying to get myself to complete a 5K but I do have those kids get runs as future goals. I’ve completed 2 5 K’s so far each with a better time and I’m just trying to complete one in under 35 minutes. I’m so close now at 37 minutes.
    I’ve had a fairly awful weekend and have done nothing towards weight loss😕 but tomorrow is a new day and I’m hopeful and motivated to get on track!

I also struggle quite a bit with weekends. I always come out of them with a 2 lb gain so recently I’ve been challenging myself to maintain over the weekends and I’ve been successful with it a few times now. When we are we have to be kind to ourselves and just get back on track ASAP. We can do it!
    Hi all. My name is Angie and I am new to the group. I am working to lose around 75 pounds in the next year or so. My goal weight is 175 pounds.

Please count me in for steps--my goal is 15,000 steps each day. I was waaayyy short yesterday...but the rest of the month...😉!

I'm also in for the plank challenge starting today!

Steps 3/1 5,710

Welcome Angie! Glad you found your way to our group!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Monday check in.
    Calories under
    Exercise chasing and carrying a thirty pound two year old for 6 hours along with his baby brother. Not sure it that counts but I am feeling it.
    Water above goal

Really feeling sore and hurting today. Not sure if it is all from having the little ones today or if I am also just hurting from having fibromyalgia and being off meds for until June for medical reasons. Having Girl Scout Cookies sitting on my kitchen counter isn't helping my day either. I ordered them before I knew I couldn't eat them (medical not mfp reasons.) Having the kids was great but I am so tired. I had a workshop put on by Score tonight or I would already be in bed.

I am reading everyone's posts but don't know you all yet. Your progress and comraderie is great. Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight or otherwise met your goals.

Charlotte

Sorry to hear you’ve been in pain Charlotte. I think it could be a result of several things that have affected you as you’ve had quite a bit going on. Praying you feel better soon 🙏🏻
This discussion has been closed.