UTMom81 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Week 1 Weigh in
    Thursday
    Previous:168.8
    Current: 171.0

Honestly, I don’t know why I’m up this time. Even though I’ve eaten well and exercised consistently since returning from the conference, the numbers have continued to ease up, not down since Sunday. Hopefully that means next week there’ll be a Swoosh! I’m certainly not backing off of doing what I know is right. Gotta reverse this trend!

Maybe I’ll go back to intermittent fasting (not extreme) and see if that helps?

Intermittent fasting has always intrigued me. Did it work for you in the past? How long did you fast and did you get really hungry once you started eating? Sorry for all the questions.

I have had a little success with IF but I have also wondered if that’s why I’m having trouble losing now. I Did not fast today. Not sure I will yet. When I did it, I usually went 16:8, 18:6, or 19:5. Once in a while I might go 22 hours without eating, but that was rare. I didn’t get super hungry considering how long it was between meals, really.
    I’d like to get back to losing without IF, though. When I lost all the weight a few years ago, I did it just by logging everything and staying within my calorie limit and doing regular exercise and not eating back all of my exercise caloriesI know this works and is safe if I am consistent. I was back then. I can be again!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Thursday Check In

Calories: under
    Exercise: early morning bike session, walked at lunch and again on a break
    Water: not enough

Tomorrow: get in another early bike session and walk at lunch if it’s not raining. Log everything and stay within goal.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps for 3/5 = 12,463
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hi all! We have filled the Co captain position. @mari_moulin has agreed to take this on the position. She will be a great asset to the team. I am so excited!

The k you! I just hope I can be of use and am able to keep you all as motivated as you keep me! Thanks for the opportunity!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Thursday 03/05

Calories: Over
    Water: 2,500 L
    Steps: 19,167
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)

I’m running a little behind today. I was rushing around all morning and early afternoon. I went to do my workout this morning and stopped to speak to my coach. We are doing a weigh in this coming Monday as I haven’t done one in awhile. I’m a bit worried and embarrassed that I’ve gained weight in the past year but I really want to know how I’m doing with muscle mass vs fat %. I know I can see the difference on my body but I really want to see what my actual stats are. This has got me a bit stressed actually but it has to be done. He also told me that I am not eating enough for the amount of workouts I’m doing. He says I am under eating which will not only stall my weight loss but prevent muscle gain. I don’t know how I feel about upping my calories as I’m already struggling to get the scale to go down. I know he is right but my mind is fighting with me. I still have it stuck in my head that eating = weight gain. I’m gonna see how this weigh in goes come Monday and go from there. In the meantime I’ve adjusted my calories now according to what he has recommended.

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 216.4
    Current weight: 216.0

I echo what someone else said - every little bit counts. Now to make it through the weekend!

Weekend goals:
    1. Exercise everyday
    2. Get at least 10k steps in every day
    3. Weigh and measure and log
    4. Drink 100oz of water
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW 206.6
    CW 209.0

I am not happy with this. I do fine all day and evening but around 9 pm I start getting hungry. I know it is not real hunger but I end up overeating. I am eating mostly carbs at night. I end up eating all my Fitbit calorie adjustment back. Saturday I didn’t log. I am going to change this. I need to get a grip on my Saturday eating and no snacks after 8 pm. Does anyone have a suggestion of something I can eat between 7:30 and 8:00 pm to help?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2020
    Options
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: ErinBEW
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh day: Friday
    PW: 157 (154.5 as of 2/28)
    CW: 149.8
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Thursday 3/5:

Steps- 15,597
    Calories- Over--chicken wings and beer--back on track today
    Plank Challenge Day Four- done
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW 206.6
    CW 209.0

I am not happy with this. I do fine all day and evening but around 9 pm I start getting hungry. I know it is not real hunger but I end up overeating. I am eating mostly carbs at night. I end up eating all my Fitbit calorie adjustment back. Saturday I didn’t log. I am going to change this. I need to get a grip on my Saturday eating and no snacks after 8 pm. Does anyone have a suggestion of something I can eat between 7:30 and 8:00 pm to help?

I have heard that low-fat cottage cheese at night can help with hunger throughout the day. Something to do with the type of protein and amino acid composition. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my grocery list for tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ErinBEW wrote: »
    Username: ErinBEW
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh day: Friday
    PW: 157 (154.5 as of 2/28)
    CW: 149.8

Awesome weight loss!
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello here's my steps so far this week. I know it doesn't seem much to some but to me it's a big plus. I've gone from 5000 to over 6000. Except for weds that was lazy day with a headache 😥. I've drank approximately 1500ml of water daily plus numerous mugs of black unsweetened tea and coffee. Massive plus is hubby now refuses to get me cakes....at last.
    Mon - 6481
    Tues - 6782
    Weds - 2655
    Thurs - 6310.
    Just need to sort my food out properly and learn to plan my meals especially for work.
    Xx
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello here's my steps so far this week. I know it doesn't seem much to some but to me it's a big plus. I've gone from 5000 to over 6000. Except for weds that was lazy day with a headache 😥. I've drank approximately 1500ml of water daily plus numerous mugs of black unsweetened tea and coffee. Massive plus is hubby now refuses to get me cakes....at last.
    Mon - 6481
    Tues - 6782
    Weds - 2655
    Thurs - 6310.
    Just need to sort my food out properly and learn to plan my meals especially for work.
    Xx

Great job on the steps. 1000 a day increase is amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 70 minute walk
    Water: close but I drank too much tea and coffee
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Previous weight: 189.6
    Today’s weight: 189.2

Daily Check-in: Friday 03/06

Calories: under
    Water: 2.5L
    Steps: 13,652
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)

Happy Saturday everyone. Weight is still going down at a snails pace but at least it’s going down. Yesterday I adjusted my calories according to my trainers recommendations and even then I used his lowest number. He said I should eat between 1730 and 2030 calories daily. I am not ready to even think about eating over 2000 calories. Nope. So I’m sticking to his low number. Let’s see how it goes. I also changed my macros to higher protein. I’m currently at 40% P, 30%C, and 30%F. These percentages are meant to help muscle gain and fat loss. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 it works.

I don’t know how it’s going in everyone else’s neck of the woods but this corona virus situation has gotten quite serious in my corner of France. Schools have officially shut down until March 20th as well as all other places and events that would gather more than 50 people at once (libraries, cinemas, sporting events, etc.) this means my Zumba classes have also been cancelled. It’s going to be a couple of rough weeks for me here.

MARCH GOALS:

•Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    •Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    •Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    •Workouts -
    Sun - Sunday Funday Walk
    Mon - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) + Monday Zumba
    Tue - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Wed - REST DAY
    Thu - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Fri - Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻)
    Sat - Saturday Morning 5K

• UTMom81
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW 206.6
    CW 209.0

Linda, I can relate to your pain but for me the snacking happens right after work. To keep from eating after 8:00, try brushing your teeth at 8:00. That has helped me in the past!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Friday check in

Calories: over by about 300
    Exercise: nine really
    Water: did pretty well here but not quite the 80 oz I need

Plank challenge: I’ve done them every day (some days twice) but one. I just forget to put them here!

Steps for 3/6= 7,758
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Weigh In
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 223
    Current 221.8

Low and slow but I’ll take the loss
This discussion has been closed.